Burrow reveals he canceled plan to buy $3million piece of memorabilia
Share this @internewscast.com

NFL star Joe Burrow has revealed the one reason why he did not go through with a stunning $3million purchase of a Batmobile replica.

In the previous season, Cincinnati Bengals star shared during an episode of the ‘Hard Knocks’ documentary that he initially intended to buy a car.

However, Burrow never received the Batmobile replica – of which there are just 10 in the world – and has now shed light on the reason why. 

In an episode of Netflix’s ‘Quarterback’ documentary, Burrow revealed that he cancelled the purchase after his home had been burgled. 

The producers of the show then asked Burrow as to whether the burglary was the main reason why he opted out of buying the vehicle.

Burrow mentioned to the producers, ‘Yeah, I considered it at first, but I chose not to purchase the Batmobile because I had other priorities at the time.’

Joe Burrow revealed the reason why he cancelled his purchase of a Batmobile replica

Joe Burrow revealed the reason why he cancelled his purchase of a Batmobile replica

Burrow has previously revealed to teammates that he'd bought the $3million vehicle

Burrow has previously revealed to teammates that he’d bought the $3million vehicle

The Batmobile replica, also known as ‘Tumbler,’ wasn’t legal for street use but did feature custom seating, one-way mirrored glass screens, and a dashboard designed in the original style.

The burglary of the quarterback’s $7.5million mansion is covered in the new season of the NFL docu-series, which also features Jared Goff of the Detroit Lions and the Atlanta Falcons’ Kirk Cousins.

He later said: ‘Of f***ing course this happened to me right now. When you’re on cloud nine, something’s gonna bring you right back down. It just felt like the kind of year that it was’.

Footage captured by Netflix’s cameras showed the moment Burrow found out about the incident, moments after he led the Bengals to a win on the road against the Dallas Cowboys.

The locker room footage from Episode 6 of the season showed Burrow, 28, scrolling through his cell phone with his head in his hands.

He was still wearing some items of his Bengals uniform, showing just how soon after he left the field it is.

The incident was initially shrouded in mystery after it emerged that the 911 call was made by Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model Olivia Ponton rather than the quarterback’s longtime partner Olivia Holzmacher.

Although Holzmacher is no longer believed to be involved with Burrow, Ponton has stayed silent on her relationship with the quarterback, refusing to address the topic when asked by paparazzo at last month’s Met Gala. However, the two were recently spotted out late in New York.

The moment Burrow found out that his home had been broken into has aired on Netflix

The moment Burrow found out that his home had been broken into has aired on Netflix

The Bengals quarterback's $7.5million Ohio mansion was robbed while he played in December

The Bengals quarterback’s $7.5million Ohio mansion was robbed while he played in December

Ponton – who boasts eight million followers on TikTok – is said to have told officers that she noticed ‘a shattered bedroom window and the room ransacked’ when she arrived at Burrow’s property on December 9. Burrow was out of town at the time.

Chilean nationals Bastian Morales, 23, Jordan Sanchez, 22, and Sergio Cabello, 38, and Alexander Chavez, 24, were later stopped and arrested by police on suspicion of robbery.

Police found the group in possession of LSU and Bengals gear, which is believed to have been taken from Burrow’s home. Officers said the men were in the country illegally after overstaying their permission.

Three of the men – Morales, Sanchez and Cabello – are facing federal charges for allegedly transporting stolen goods and falsifying record in a federal investigation. 

Those three are suspected by investigators of orchestrating similar robberies at the homes of Kansas City Chiefs stars Travis Kelce and Patrick Mahomes.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Trump Criticizes Pritzker Over Chicago Violence: ‘He Needs to Address the Issue’

On Saturday, President Donald Trump targeted Illinois Gov. J.B. Pritzker on Truth…

Jelena Ostapenko Issues Apology Following US Open Racism Controversy

Jelena Ostapenko has issued an apology for her remarks made to American…

Helen Flanagan Talks About the Stress of Co-Parenting with Her Ex

Helen Flanagan has said she fears friends will stop answering her phone calls…

Festival Attendee Welcomes Baby Girl at Burning Man Event

A Utah woman gave birth to a baby girl in the bathroom of…

Connection Between Minneapolis School Shooter and Columbine Tragedy

‘Rip & Tear.’ The haunting slogan was one of several phrases inscribed…

Motorist wrongfully charged with murder due to ‘tampered police evidence’

An SUV driver from Arizona, initially charged with homicide after hitting a…

Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson come together for Ashlee’s concert reunion

Jessica Simpson demonstrated the ongoing nature of her reunion with estranged husband…

Concern Arises Over Bill Clinton’s Health as He Departs the Hamptons Carrying a Defibrillator

Former President Bill Clinton, 79, has sparked concerns about his health after…

Well-known Arizona TV News Anchor Passes Away at 75

A beloved Arizona TV news anchor has died at the age of…

Teacher Highlighted Concerns Over Mental Health of Minneapolis Shooter

A former teacher of Minneapolis shooter Robin Westman had expressed concerns about…

Trump criticizes Illinois governor and vows action to address issues

President Trump heightened tensions with the Democratic Governor of Illinois on Saturday…

Terror Leader Behind London Stock Exchange Bomb Plot Released from Prison

A terror mastermind who conspired to bomb the London Stock Exchange and…