Iran says it would resume nuclear talks with US if guaranteed no further attacks
Share this @internewscast.com


Iran’s foreign minister said Saturday that his country would accept a resumption of nuclear talks with the U.S. if there were assurances of no more attacks against it, state media reported.

Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi said in a speech to Tehran-based foreign diplomats that Iran has always been ready and will be ready in the future for talks about its nuclear program, but, “assurance should be provided that in case of a resumption of talks, the trend will not lead to war.”

Referring to the 12-day Israeli bombardment of Iran’s nuclear and military sites, and the U.S. strike on June 22, Araghchi said that if the U.S. and others wish to resume talks with Iran, “first of all, there should be a firm guarantee that such actions will not be repeated. The attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities has made it more difficult and complicated to achieve a solution based on negotiations.”

Following the strikes, Iran suspended cooperation with the U.N. nuclear watchdog, which led to the departure of inspectors.

Araghchi said that under Iranian law, the country will answer the agency’s request for cooperation “case by case,” based on Iran’s interests. He also said any inspection by the agency should be done based on Iran’s “security” concerns as well as the safety of the inspectors. “The risk of proliferation of radioactive ingredients and an explosion of ammunition that remains from the war in the attacked nuclear sites is serious,” he said.

He also reiterated Iran’s position on the need to continue enriching uranium on its soil. U.S. President Donald Trump has insisted that cannot happen.

Israel claims it acted because Tehran was within reach of a nuclear weapon. U.S. intelligence agencies and the International Atomic Energy Agency had assessed Iran last had an organized nuclear weapons program in 2003, though Tehran had been enriching uranium up to 60% a short, technical step away from weapons-grade levels of 90%.

Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian in an interview published Monday said the U.S. airstrikes so badly damaged his country’s nuclear facilities that Iranian authorities still have not been able to access them to survey the destruction.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Stephen Colbert Stands Firm in Ongoing Disagreement with CBS Executives

Stephen Colbert finds himself at the center of an unusual clash with…

Sullivan County Sheriff Discusses Recent ICE Operation in the Area

Sullivan County, Tennessee – In a recent development, Sheriff Jeff Cassidy made…

Bristol Shooting Case Update: January Incident Leads to Indictment

A North Carolina resident faces charges including aggravated assault following an officer-involved…

Asian Markets Surge Following Wall Street Rally Driven by Nvidia Gains

On Thursday, Asian markets enjoyed a positive upswing, inspired by a robust…

Iran and the US Resort to Naval Maneuvers Amid Uncertain Nuclear Negotiations

DUBAI – In a striking display of military posturing, both Iran and…

Florida Woman Allegedly Found with Cocaine Hidden in Unusual Spot, Authorities Report

In an unusual turn of events in Brevard County, Florida, a Palm…

UN Security Council Schedules Crucial Gaza Meeting Ahead of Trump’s Peace Panel

The United Nations Security Council is preparing for a high-stakes meeting this…

Central Florida Braces for Drastic Temperature Swings: From Heatwaves to Cold Fronts

Prepare for a wild ride in town over the next few days…

Tennessee’s Hulsey Bill Aims to Curb Local Property Tax Increases: A Bold Move for Homeowners

KINGSPORT, Tenn. (WJHL) — State Representative Bud Husley, a Republican from Kingsport,…