Man arrested in Mexico in kidnapping, death of New Mexico teen

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — A 21-year-old man has been arrested by Mexican authorities in connection with the kidnapping and death of a New Mexico teenager who was found buried in a Juarez neighborhood last month, according to a news release.

The suspect, identified as Oscar Manuel MA, was arrested on Wednesday, Aug. 6 in Tezonapa, Veracruz, Mexican authorities said.

He is being charged with aggravated kidnapping in connection with the kidnapping and death of a 17-year-old girl from Hobbs, New Mexico who has only been identified by the initials DCLG.

According to the Mexican authorities, the teenager’s body was found in a “clandestine grave” on July 22 in the courtyard of a Juarez neighborhood. An autopsy revealed that the victim died from asphyxiation by strangulation.

The suspect has been transferred to Ciudad Juarez where he was charged with aggravated kidnapping, Mexican authorities said.

He has a court hearing scheduled for Monday, Aug. 11.

The arrest resulted from inter-agency cooperation designed to combat high-impact crimes such as kidnapping.

You May Also Like

Kushner Meets Netanyahu on Gaza After Two-Hour Hamas Talks

JERUSALEM – Jared Kushner, the Mideast negotiator and son-in-law of Donald Trump,…

Ben Gvir Tells Ex-Hostage Israel Should Kill 30-40 Gazans Nightly

JERUSALEM – A far-right Israeli lawmaker serving in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s…

Trump Blames Vandals for Damaged Grass at Site of His July 4 Celebration

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Sunday that vandals were responsible for…

Zimbabwe Ferry Disaster Death Toll Rises to 84 as 12 More Bodies Are Recovered

HARARE – Rescue teams in Zimbabwe continued searching Lake Kariba on Sunday…