Russell Brand sued for £100,000 over claims the comic attacked woman

Russell Brand is being sued in the US courts for £100,000 by a woman who claims he attacked her at his Hollywood home 17 years ago.

The woman, identified in High Court documents solely as AGX, alleges that the comedian invited her to his Los Angeles mansion in 2008, when she was 23, and forced himself upon her.

She says she fled half-dressed in terror after he allegedly pushed her on to his bed and tried to perform sex acts against her will.

Brand, 50, has hit back with a robust defence, branding the allegations ‘fundamentally dishonest’ and insisting nothing improper happened.

AGX’s claim filed in court indicates that they first crossed paths at Ago restaurant, a one-time celebrity hangout in West Hollywood, where Brand extended an invitation to his new residence.

She alleges he greeted her in nothing but dirty white Y-fronts and led her upstairs to his bedroom, where he suddenly turned aggressive.

The court documents state that the television, film, and radio personality, who is also the former spouse of US pop singer Katy Perry, disrobed her, groped her, and tried to pin her down before she could fend him off and make her escape.

Russell Brand is being sued in the US courts for £100,000 by a woman who claims he attacked her at his Hollywood home 17 years ago

Russell Brand is being sued in the US courts for £100,000 by a woman who claims he attacked her at his Hollywood home 17 years ago

The woman - referred to in High Court papers only as AGX - says the comic invited her over to his LA mansion in 2008, when she was 23, and forced himself on her

The woman, identified in High Court documents solely as AGX, alleges that the comedian invited her to his Los Angeles mansion in 2008, when she was 23, and forced himself upon her.

In her statement, AGX says she was ‘terrified and shaking violently’ as she ran to her car, unable to even find her underwear in her rush to flee.

She claims the alleged assault left her with PTSD and later generalised anxiety disorder, conditions she says have plagued her ever since.

Supported by psychiatric evaluations, she is claiming compensation for emotional distress, along with an additional £25,000 in aggravated damages for the humiliation and fear she claims to have suffered.

In his defence, filed on July 1, Brand admits meeting AGX at Ago and inviting her back, but insists the encounter was consensual and uneventful.

He says she showed sexual interest in him before visiting his house, but once it became clear they weren’t on the same page, she simply left.

He flatly denies stripping her, forcing her onto his bed or assaulting her in any way.

Brand’s lawyers also argue the case is legally out of time. 

They highlight that, according to Californian regulations, civil claims of this nature must be filed within a decade, which would have lapsed in 2018. They also note that under English law, the limitation period of six years has long since expired.

Brand, 50, has hit back with a robust defence, branding the allegations 'fundamentally dishonest' and insisting nothing improper happened

Brand, 50, has hit back with a robust defence, branding the allegations ‘fundamentally dishonest’ and insisting nothing improper happened

The High Court will first have to decide whether the claim can proceed at all, given the alleged incident dates back nearly two decades.

The Mail approached Russell Brand and his lawyers for comment.

Brand, formerly host of Channel 4’s Big Brother’s Big Mouth, now hosts a regular show on YouTube featuring conspiracy theories and right-wing talking points.

He still faces a criminal trial related to separate alleged victims. He pleaded not guilty to charges of rape, sexual assault and indecent assault at a court hearing in London earlier this year.

Allegations of sexual misconduct against Brand first emerged in a Sunday Times and Dispatches investigation in 2023.

In April this year, he was charged with two counts of rape, two of sexual assault and one of indecent assault

It is alleged that he raped one woman at a hotel in September 1999 after meeting her at an event during the Labour conference.

The second complainant, a television worker, alleges Brand tried to drag her into a men’s toilet in 2001.

The third claims he orally raped and sexually assaulted her at a bar in Soho in 2004.

The fourth complainant, a radio worker, claims he grabbed her by the face, ‘sloppily’ kissed her and grabbed her breast and buttocks in 2004 or 2005, while Brand was working as a presenter on the TV show Big Brother’s Big Mouth.

Mr Brand vehemently denies all charges against him and has insisted he has never had non-consensual sex.

He is due to stand trial in June next year.

You May Also Like

Insiders Reveal Panic Inside Trump Camp After Assassination Attempt

Just hours after reports surfaced about his undisclosed departure from the NATO…

New UK Prime Minister Exchanged Texts With Imposter Posing as Senior Trump Aide: Report

UK Prime Minister Andy Burnham’s first days in office were quickly overshadowed…

Sardinian Coast Faces Surge of Tourist Party Boats as Locals Raise Alarm

Some of Sardinia’s most treasured coastal beauty spots are under mounting pressure…

Expert Tips to Keep Your Garden Thriving During a Drought

Daily Mail journalists select and curate the products that feature on our…

Hayden Panettiere Reveals the Toll of Fame in Candid Memoir

Hayden Panettiere published her memoir, This Is Me: A Reckoning, only three…

Trump Orders Scaled-Back U.S. Military Drills With South Korea

President Donald Trump has directed the Pentagon to significantly reduce planned joint…

Angel Reese Mocked After Missed Game-Winner vs Caitlin Clark

Angel Reese was left to rue a costly miss after she passed…

Trump Threatens to Bomb US Ally in Fiery, Profane Tirade

Donald Trump warned that the United States could “bomb the s***” out…

Folded Laundry Became the Chilling Clue That Led a Mother to Her Son’s Killer

When Doris Jones returned from work on March 30, 2008, she walked…

Alleged Killer Nick Reiner Seeks Access to Trust Fund in Court Request

Nick Reiner, the 32-year-old son of Rob and Michele Reiner who is…

Stephen Daisley: How Honest John Swinney Sold Out So Fast

John Swinney is not often asked to pronounce on national security, and…

Trump Orders Pentagon to Scale Back South Korea War Games

President Donald Trump said Sunday that he has directed the Pentagon to…