VIDEO — 'Shocking': NC Democrat Lawmaker Cecil Brockman Charged with Statutory Rape of 15-Year-Old
Share this @internewscast.com

A Democrat North Carolina state representative was arrested and charged on Wednesday in the statutory rape of a teen.

Rep. Cecil Brockman, representing Guilford County, faces charges including two counts of indecent liberties with a child and two counts of statutory rape of a person aged 13 to 15, as reported by Fox 8 on Thursday.

The outlet said:

According to warrants, in August of this year, Brockman allegedly “unlawfully, willfully, and feloniously did commit and attempt to commit a lewd and lascivious act” with a 15-year-old victim.

Upon his arrest, he was held without bond, with allegations in the magistrate’s order that he attempted to find the victim at a hospital and used his position as a representative to contact the victim.

The representative is being held at the Guilford County Jail and expected to appear in court on Thursday afternoon, according to WRAL.

The North Carolina Democrat Party has urged Brockman to step down, stating, “The profound seriousness of these criminal charges makes it impossible for him to effectively represent his community.”

In 2023, Brockman reportedly had a youth academic center named in his honor:

Meanwhile, North Carolina House Democrat Leader Robert Reives addressed the allegations against Brockman.

“As we continue to learn more about the allegations against Rep. Brockman this morning, it has become clear that he is unable to continue serving in the House of Representatives. Rep. Brockman must resign immediately,” said Hall.

Speaker of the House Destin Hall (R-Caldwell) has also called for the representative to step down, according to WUNC.

Hall stated, “The charges against Rep. Brockman are shocking and extremely serious. Given the evidence publicly known, he should resign immediately so these charges do not distract from the work of the North Carolina House.”

The outlet explained the process if Brockman decides to submit a resignation letter to the Speaker of the House.

“At that point, the Guilford County Democratic Party’s Executive Committee would select a replacement for Brockman. Only members of the executive committee who live in Brockman’s district would be able to vote on his replacement, according to North Carolina’s rules for replacing members of the General Assembly,” the report stated.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Kathryn Knight Probes the Disappearance of £12 Million in Royal Funds Amid Giuffre Legal Dispute

This week, the Western Australia Supreme Court’s hearing schedule featured an entry…

Breaking: National Guard Incident Sparks Debate as Liberals Point to Trump’s Influence

In a pointed critique, a former Democratic National Committee chair has squarely…

Sam’s Club Customer Causes Uproar by Purchasing Entire Stock of Roast Chicken

Chaos erupted at a Sam’s Club on the eve of Thanksgiving when…

Discover Why Turkey Eggs Aren’t on the Menu for Most Americans

As Thanksgiving approaches, many people might find themselves curious about why turkey…

Tragic Jetski Incident: British Man’s Final Moments Unfold Before Partner’s Eyes

Heart-wrenching video captures a father cradling his newborn on a yacht, mere…

Top Aide to Zelensky Resigns Following Home Investigation

In a significant development, Volodymyr Zelensky’s chief of staff, Andriy Yermak, has…

Trump Unveils Strategic $300 Billion Proposal Affecting US and Ukraine War Dynamics

In a bid to resolve the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, Donald Trump…

Secret Recording Reveals Trump’s Shocking Assassination Allegation

In a surprising revelation, a former boyfriend of Olivia Nuzzi, previously a…

Mid-Flight Disruption: Passenger’s Controversial Behavior Ignites Viral Outrage

A passenger’s unusual behavior during a flight has ignited a storm of…

Wyoming Legislator Faces Allegations from Ex-Partner Over $6K Vacation Dispute

A Republican lawmaker from Wyoming finds herself at the center of a…

Melania Trump Unveils Exciting New Movie Project and Business Venture in Exclusive Teaser

In a bold move that caught both Hollywood and Washington off guard,…

Exclusive Interview: Meet the Man Who Stayed Behind as Mo Farah Made His Journey to the UK

The excitement of the London 2012 Olympics was electrifying the vibrant Eastleigh…