Hamas hands over bodies of more Israeli hostages after Trump threats

Hamas has handed over more bodies of Israeli hostages after the US President threatened to ‘violently’ disarm the terror group.

The IDF has stated it has received four bodies which were handed over by the Red Cross, following four that were handed over earlier.

The Israeli military issued a statement regarding the release of deceased Israeli hostages, noting: ‘Per information from the Red Cross, four coffins containing the remains of hostages have been handed over and are en route to IDF (military) and ISA (security agency) personnel in the Gaza Strip’.

The International Committee of the Red Cross confirmed its role in facilitating the transfer of the four deceased hostages to Israel and the bodies of 45 Palestinians to Gaza today.

‘These actions were conducted in accordance with the ceasefire arrangement, and it is vital that all parties and mediators diligently uphold the agreement,’ it stated.

Julian Lerisson, the head of the Red Cross in the region, says the organisation is ‘prepared to fulfil our role for as long as it takes’.

It comes after Donald Trump threatened to forcibly disarm Hamas if they refuse to give up their weapons as the Gaza ceasefire deal hangs by a thread.

‘They will disarm – and if they don’t, I’ll ensure it happens,’ the president remarked to reporters at the White House on Tuesday. ‘They understand my intent.’

Red Cross vehicles transport the bodies of deceased hostages who had been held in Gaza since the deadly October 7, 2023 attack, after they were handed over by Hamas militants as part of a ceasefire and a hostages-prisoners swap deal between Hamas and Israel, in Gaza City, October 14, 2025

Red Cross vehicles carry the bodies of hostages who had been held in Gaza since the fatal attack on October 7, 2023. These were released by Hamas militants under a ceasefire and a swap agreement involving hostages and prisoners between Hamas and Israel, in Gaza City, October 14, 2025.

An armed Hamas militant stands guard as a Red Cross vehicle arrives to receive from Hamas militants the bodies of deceased Israeli hostages

An armed Hamas militant stands guard as a Red Cross vehicle arrives to receive from Hamas militants the bodies of deceased Israeli hostages

Trump warned that America stood ready to bring about Hamas’s disarmament ‘quickly and perhaps violently.’

The families of at least 24 others are still waiting for their loved ones to be brought home.

‘We informed the mediators that we will hand over four to six bodies of Israeli prisoners tonight,’ a Hamas official said on Tuesday.

Previously, Israeli authorities mentioned that the Rafah crossing between Gaza and Egypt would remain closed at least until Wednesday, with limited aid deliveries into Gaza as a measure to compel Hamas to return the remaining bodies.

Red Cross teams are searching Gaza’s ruins for deceased hostages after Israel warned Hamas it had until tonight to deliver the rest.

But the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) warned the process could take considerable time given the difficulty of recovering bodies from the rubble.

‘The search for human remains is obviously an even bigger challenge than having the people alive being released,’ ICRC spokesperson Christian Cardon said in Geneva, adding it could take days or weeks.

A copy of the ceasefire agreement published by Israeli media had stated that the remains of all of the deceased hostages should be handed over by 12:00 local time (09:00 GMT) on Monday – but it also appeared to acknowledge that Hamas and other Palestinian factions may not be able to locate all of them within that timeframe. 

It comes after Israel’s far-right security minister Itamar Ben-Gvir, released a statement before the latest handover of deceased hostages to the Red Cross.

In his statement, Ben-Gvir called on Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to halt aid to Gaza if Hamas does not immediately return all of the hostages’ bodies.

Ben-Gvir, who was sanctioned by the UK earlier this year, said the fact Hamas was yet to return 24 bodies to Israel indicated the ‘mission to destroy it [Hamas] has not yet been achieved’.

The 24 dead hostages whose bodies remain in Gaza. Bereaved families have expressed anger and frustration that their loved ones' bodies have not been returned

The 24 dead hostages whose bodies remain in Gaza. Bereaved families have expressed anger and frustration that their loved ones’ bodies have not been returned 

IDF troops receive remains of killed hostages at official ceremony, October 13, 2025

IDF troops receive remains of killed hostages at official ceremony, October 13, 2025

Hamas freed the last living Israeli hostages from Gaza on Monday under a ceasefire deal, while Israel released busloads of Palestinian detainees as US President Donald Trump declared an end to the two-year war

Hamas freed the last living Israeli hostages from Gaza on Monday under a ceasefire deal, while Israel released busloads of Palestinian detainees as US President Donald Trump declared an end to the two-year war

Red Cross vehicles arrive to receive from Hamas militants bodies of deceased hostages who had been held in Gaza since the deadly October 7, 2023 attack

Red Cross vehicles arrive to receive from Hamas militants bodies of deceased hostages who had been held in Gaza since the deadly October 7, 2023 attack

Hamas freed the last living Israeli hostages from Gaza on Monday under a ceasefire deal, while Israel released busloads of Palestinian detainees as US President Donald Trump declared an end to the two-year war.

Only the coffins of Guy Iluz, 26, Bipin Joshi, 33, Yossi Sharabi, 54, and Daniel Peretz, 22, have so far been returned to Israel, leaving more than 20 bodies still unaccounted for.

Israel is also expected to hand over an unspecified number of Palestinian remains.

The ICRC said it has deployed 23 additional staff, body bags and refrigerated vehicles to help ensure the dead are treated with dignity in Gaza, much of which lies in ruins.

It said it was a ‘massive challenge’ given the difficulties of finding bodies in Gaza’s rubble.

Palestinian militant group Hamas freed the last living Israeli hostages from Gaza on Monday under a ceasefire deal, and Israel sent home busloads of Palestinian detainees as US President Donald Trump declared an end to the two-year war.

For its part, Israel is supposed to hand over an unspecified number of Palestinian bodies.

But ICRC spokesperson Cardon said: ‘I think there is clearly a risk that that will take much more time. What we are telling the parties is that that should be their top priority,’ he said on Tuesday.

‘All parties must ensure that the return of human remains is done under dignified conditions, and uphold dignity and humanity,’ the ICRC added in a statement.

On Tuesday, the IDF revealed that Bipin Joshi was one of the deceased returned by Hamason Monday

On Tuesday, the IDF revealed that Bipin Joshi was one of the deceased returned by Hamason Monday

Guy Illuz, 26, was also identified by the IDF on Tuesday. The army said he tried to hide in a tree but was later captured. He was wounded and alive when he was taken, but later died due to a lack of medical treatment

Guy Illuz, 26, was also identified by the IDF on Tuesday. The army said he tried to hide in a tree but was later captured. He was wounded and alive when he was taken, but later died due to a lack of medical treatment 

Israeli media named Yossi Sharabi as one of the bodies identified by the military on Tuesday

Israeli media named Yossi Sharabi as one of the bodies identified by the military on Tuesday

Daniel Perez, 22, from Yad Binyamin, was killed in the fighting on October 7 and his body has been held in the Gaza Strip ever since

Daniel Perez, 22, from Yad Binyamin, was killed in the fighting on October 7 and his body has been held in the Gaza Strip ever since

Cardon declined to discuss further details about the possible whereabouts of the deceased hostages, citing the sensitivity of the ongoing operation. 

It is, however, feared that some of the remains may never be located.

Cardon praised the fact that the handover of the 20 living hostages on Monday was done discreetly, without a repeat of the Hamas-directed hostage release ceremonies of previous transfers.

The ICRC, a neutral humanitarian intermediary, has facilitated the transfer of 172 hostages and 3,473 Palestinian detainees since the war began on October 7, 2023.

This is a breaking news story. More to follow. 

You May Also Like

Fatal Attraction Icon Glenn Close, 78, Stuns Fans With Glamorous New Look

Anne Archer, the Oscar-nominated actress who helped define one of the biggest…

Where NYC’s Controversial ‘Big Brother’ Surveillance Cameras Are Watching You

A Different Kind of Flock Frenzy New York City may not have…

ESPN Founder Tribute Goes Awry as Pat McAfee Cuts Segment

ESPN’s on-air tribute to network founder Bill Rasmussen took an uncomfortable turn…

Trump Plans Honor Lap Before IndyCar Freedom 250 at National Mall

WASHINGTON — President Trump’s motorcade is expected to take a ceremonial lap…

Lindsay Clancy’s Psych Ward Feelings About Husband Patrick

Lindsay Clancy’s modest home on Summer Street in Duxbury was once meant…

Man Found Dead at Notorious Haunted Lake in Disturbing Discovery

The body of a 71-year-old Georgia man has been recovered from Lake…

Missing Grandmother’s Family Reveals Chilling Texts Sent From Her Phone

Relatives of a New York grandmother of five who disappeared during a…

Shoreham tragedy: Family died after girl became trapped in fishing net

A family outing at Shoreham beach ended in devastation after three people…

Human Error Blamed for Largest-Ever Cyberattack on Charity Sector

A suspected “major human mistake” is believed to have set off what…

Bad Bunny’s Beagle Joins Millie Bobby Brown’s Pup in Dogue 2026

A fresh pack of famous pups stepped into the spotlight this week…

Why Luigi Mangione’s Friends Still Stand by Him After Confession

Several friends of Luigi Mangione are speaking publicly in his defense after…

Erin Patterson Appeals Three Murder Convictions in Australia Mushroom Poisoning of Elderly Relatives

Convicted triple murderer Erin Patterson returned to court Wednesday to challenge her…