Brooklyn DA won’t prosecute man in bloody Brooklyn slay who claimed self-defense: source
Share this @internewscast.com

The Brooklyn District Attorney’s Office has chosen not to pursue homicide charges against a man who asserts he acted in self-defense during a violent altercation with a friend in a Crown Heights apartment, according to a senior police official on Tuesday.

The 58-year-old man alleged self-defense after a 56-year-old man forcefully entered the apartment and began attacking him on Monday, inside a three-story building on Troy Ave. near Park Place, according to law enforcement sources.

The accused then fatally stabbed the aggressor with a kitchen knife. With his hands stained with blood, the accused hurried to the 77th Precinct stationhouse at approximately 3:15 a.m., where he informed police officers that he believed he had just killed his friend in an apartment.

A 56yr old man was pronounced dead on scene after he was stabbed multiple times about the body inside a three-story residence at 207 Troy Avenue in Brooklyn on Monday Oct. 13, 2025. (Theodore Parisienne / New York Daily News)
A 56-year-old man was pronounced dead at the scene after he was stabbed multiple times about the body inside a three-story residence at 207 Troy Ave. in Brooklyn on Monday Oct. 13, 2025. (Theodore Parisienne / New York Daily News)

The suspect, who has 16 arrests on his record, had bloody hands and cuts, a source added.

Police officers quickly arrived at the crime scene, where sources reported finding bloodied footprints outside the apartment. Inside, they discovered the victim lying face up, with stab wounds on his chest and arms. Emergency medical personnel pronounced the victim deceased at the scene at 3:27 a.m.

The bloody kitchen knife was found at the scene and a pair of scissors may have also been used.

The victim also had prior arrests on his record, sources said.

It was not immediately clear who lived in the apartment or what sparked the attack.

No charges have been filed. Asked for comment, a Brooklyn DA spokesperson said, “This case is under an ongoing investigation.”

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

American County Launches Unconditional $500 Monthly Stipend for Residents

In a significant move aimed at supporting its lower-income residents, Cook County,…

Trump Announces Complete Closure of Venezuelan Airspace

President Donald Trump has announced a complete closure of the airspace over…

Shocking MedSpa Incident: Woman Allegedly Attacked for Skipping the Tip

Imagine tipping your dentist after every routine visit, or handing extra cash…

Exclusive: Politician Breaks Silence on Burka Controversy in Parliament Interview with Jenny Johnston

What a sight. It’s no surprise that the image quickly became a…

Former WWE Icon Stuns at 65: Unveiling Her Timeless Transformation

In the late 1990s, Debra Marshall emerged as one of WWE’s most…

Outrage Erupts as Migrant Released by Agencies Sparks Devastating Crash: Sheriff Speaks Out

An Ohio sheriff took to social media to express his frustration with…

Trump Takes Bold Action: Revokes All Biden Autopen Executive Orders – What This Means for America

In a dramatic twist, Donald Trump has nullified all executive orders signed…

80s Cult Classic Star Makes Rare Public Appearance: Can You Guess the Icon?

An iconic actor, best known for his role in a beloved 1980s…

Trump Unveils Strategic $300 Billion Proposal Affecting US and Ukraine War Dynamics

In a bid to resolve the ongoing conflict in Ukraine, Donald Trump…

Secret Recording Reveals Trump’s Shocking Assassination Allegation

In a surprising revelation, a former boyfriend of Olivia Nuzzi, previously a…

Eviction Forces Horticulturist to Leave Beloved ‘Secret Garden’ Footpath Transformation Behind

After dedicating eight years to turning a neglected walkway into a serene…

Barron Trump Makes a Memorable Return to Mar-a-Lago

Barron Trump captivated guests at Mar-a-Lago Club last night, making a grand…