Share this @internewscast.com


Buckingham Palace has announced that Prince Andrew will be stripped of his titles, including ‘prince’, and forced out of his longtime royal mansion, amid growing criticism over his ties with the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.
“Prince Andrew will now be known as Andrew Mountbatten Windsor,” the palace said on Friday, adding that King Charles had started the formal process to strip the titles from his brother, as well as his honours.
Pressure has intensified against Andrew following the release of a posthumous memoir by American Australian Virginia Giuffre, who alleged in 2014 that she had been trafficked to Andrew by Epstein and his associate Ghislaine Maxwell as a 17-year-old.

In a high-profile case that captured global attention, Andrew consistently maintained his innocence. Despite his firm denials of any misconduct, he reached a financial settlement with Virginia Giuffre in 2022, paying her millions to resolve the civil sexual assault lawsuit she had brought against him.

The statement from Buckingham Palace on Friday said a formal notice had now been served on Andrew to surrender the lease of his mansion, Royal Lodge, and he will move to alternative private accommodation.
“These censures are deemed necessary, notwithstanding the fact that he continues to deny the allegations against him,” the palace said.
“Their Majesties wish to make clear that their thoughts and utmost sympathies have been, and will remain with, the victims and survivors of any and all forms of abuse.”

A source from the palace commented on the matter, acknowledging that although Andrew steadfastly refuted the allegations, there was an undeniable recognition of significant errors in judgment on his part. This admission highlighted the complexities and challenges surrounding the case.

The source said the decision was taken by Charles but that the monarch had the support of the wider family, including heir-to-the-throne Prince William.
In recent weeks, British newspapers have turned their focus on Andrew’s finances, after The Times reported that he had not paid rent on his 30-room mansion for two decades, but had funded at least £7.5 million ($15 million) of renovations when he moved in.
If allegations set out in this story raise issues for you, or you or someone you know needs support, you can seek 24-hour help by calling 1800RESPECT on 1800 737 732 or visiting 1800RESPECT.org.au. In an emergency, call 000.
Readers seeking crisis support can ring Lifeline on 13 11 14 or text 0477 13 11 14, the Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467 and Kids Helpline on 1800 55 1800 (for young people aged up to 25). More information and support with mental health is available at beyondblue.org.au and on 1300 22 4636.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Breaking News: Israeli Settler Faces Charges for Fatal West Bank Incident Involving Palestinian Activist

In brief The death of Awdah Hathaleen drew particular attention due to…
Coles has been accused of artificially increasing prices before reducing them and claiming it as a discount.

ACCC Slams Coles for Deceptive Pricing Tactics: What Shoppers Need to Know

Australian supermarket giant Coles claims an unprecedented number of requests from suppliers…

Thirty-Four Australians Freed from Syrian Camp Housing IS-Linked Families

Syrian Kurdish authorities have set free 34 Australians from a northern Syrian…
Logan Paul sells his Pokémon card card

Logan Paul’s Ultra-Rare Pokémon Card Sets New Auction Record

An ultra-rare Pokémon card owned by wrestler and YouTuber Logan Paul has…
Pictured: The benches on that have been branded 'unusable'

Critics Label London’s £4.6 Billion Super Sewer Garden as ‘Grim’ Due to ‘Unusable Benches’ and ‘Lifeless’ Design

The latest £4.6 billion sewer initiative in the capital has come under…
The grassfire is burning beside the Western Ring Road in Ardeer.

Intense Fires Ignite Along Key Melbourne Route Amid Severe Conditions

A grassfire is burning along a major road in Melbourne’s western suburbs,…
Rain in Queensland forecast February 12

BoM Clarifies Forecast as 300mm Rain ‘Deluge’ Downgrades to Light Drizzle: Understanding the Unexpected Weather Shift

The Bureau of Meteorology has defended its rainfall forecast for south-east Queensand…
Oscar-winning screen legend Robert Duvall dead at 95

Hollywood Mourns: Celebrating the Legacy of Oscar-Winning Icon Robert Duvall at 95

Robert Duvall, the acclaimed actor who won an Academy Award, has passed…

Groundbreaking Research Unveils ‘Systemic’ Racism Within Australian Universities

In Brief A landmark study of more than 76,000 students and staff…
SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - OCTOBER 3: Matt Utai of the Bulldogs dives over for a try during the NRL Grand Final  between the Sydney Roosters and the Bulldogs held at Telstra Stadium, October 3, 2004 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Chris McGrath/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Matt Utai

Shocking Drive-By Shooting: Ex-NRL Star Matt Utai Targeted in Intense Attack

Former NRL star Matt Utai is in serious condition after being shot…
Police have arrested a man after a woman was found dead in Melbourne's east.

Man Detained at Bus Stop Following Discovery of Mother’s Death in Melbourne Residence

A man has been arrested at a bus stop after a woman…
'Blow to the heart': Iconic tourist hotspot collapses

Shocking Collapse: Beloved Tourist Landmark Crumbles, Leaving Visitors Heartbroken

An Italian coastal beauty spot known as “Lovers’ Arch” because of its…