Boys, 13 and 15, arrested over 'brazen' machete attack caught on camera

Authorities are questioning two teenagers, aged 13 and 15, in connection with a disturbing event caught on CCTV footage this past Wednesday.

The video reveals a man and woman strolling down Blacksmiths Way in Belgrave around 7:10 p.m. when they were confronted by a group of young males.

Vision showed two offenders slashing machetes in the direction of a man and woman.
Vision showed two offenders slashing machetes in the direction of a man and woman. (Nine)

During the encounter, one individual from the group attacked the man with a machete.

Sabrina, an employee at the nearby establishment Tacos ‘N’ Tequilas, recounted the rapid sequence of events.

“At first glance, I mistook the weapon for a stick,” she shared with 3AW Melbourne.

“I approached him to check if he was alright, only to discover a severe cut on his forearm,” she added.

Police alleged the group fled the scene in a white BMW sedan, which was used to steal petrol from a service station on the Western Freeway in Ballan earlier that day.

The man, a 27-year-old from Ferntree Gully, was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.

The two teenagers remain in custody as detectives work to identify a third offender.

Casey MP Aaron Violi said it was “heartbreaking” that the two innocent victims had been targeted in the attack.

“The worst feeling, to be honest, is that it wasn’t surprising,” he told 3AW.

“We have seen these attacks so often. We’ve seen how brazen they are. I wish I was shocked by the attack. I was heartbroken within my community, but we’re seeing it too often.

“It is heartbreaking to see our state going through this, and it’s every Victorian that’s paying the price, higher insurance costs, not feeling safe.”

You May Also Like

Fani Willis Blasts Judge’s Errors in Trump RICO Fee Fight

Inset left: Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis testifies at a hearing…

Orange Park Handyman Arrested, Accused of Watching Woman Through Backyard Windows Near UF Campus

Staff report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – A 49-year-old Orange Park man was arrested…

Man Tore Door Off Hinges to Fight Ex’s Boyfriend: Police

Inset: Steven Shannon (Allen County Sheriff’s Office). Background: The Allen County Jail…

Men Accused of Stabbing Roommate 19 Times After Drinking-Fueled Fight Over Chores and Thermostat

Background: Water Street in Menasha, Wisconsin (Google Maps). Inset, left to right:…

White House Lawyer Opposes ABA Bid to Identify Advisers Behind Trump Law Firm Executive Orders

President Donald Trump listens during a Cabinet meeting on Friday, July 31,…

Parents Accused of Starving Toddler Found With 80-Degree Body Temperature and Severe Bedsores

Inset, left to right: Stephanie Woods and Cody Mercer (Hamilton County Sheriff’s…

Son Asked Dad to Talk, Then Stabbed Him in Neck: Police

Inset: Joseph Niemiec (Hall County Jail). Background: The 4200 block of 21st…

Repeat Felon Gets Two-Year Prison Sentence for Firearm Offense

Staff report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Robert Anthony Yancy, Jr., 25, will spend…