3.9k Share this
|Mana Kawabe Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||October 31, 2004|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Mana Kawabe is a Japanese figure skater who had won the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2021 GP (Grand Prix) NHK Trophy. At the international-advanced novice level, she had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2017–18 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy as well as the 2016–17 ISU (International Skating Union) Coupe du Printemps. In team events, representing Japan, she had won the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2021 Japan Open. At the national level, she had won the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2019–20 Japan Junior Figure Skating Championships, the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2015–16 Japan Novice Figure Skating Championships, and the ‘Bronze’ medal at the 2021–22 Japan Figure Skating Championships.
Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture, Chūbu, Honshu, Japan
Uji, Kyoto Prefecture, Kansai, Honshu, Japan
As of March 2022, Mana was a high school student.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
49 kg or 108 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Japanese descent.
- Toned physique
- Diminutive frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Affable smile
- Radiant face
Mana Kawabe Facts
- She had started getting trained in figure skating in 2009 when she was just 5 years old, after being inspired by fellow Nagoya native Mao Asada who is an Olympic ‘Silver’ medalist and a 3-time World Champion.
- Mana had undergone most of her coaching in Nagoya but in 2017, after the retirement of one of her coaches, had moved to the city of Takatsuki to train with a new set of coaches.
- One of the early setbacks of her career was failing to qualify for the 2018–19 Japan Junior Figure Skating Championships after she had been forced to compete with an injury for most of that season.
- She had made amends by winning the ‘Gold’ medal at the 2019–20 Japan Junior Figure Skating Championships. She was leading her nearest 2 competitors in the short program by over a point but after she had landed her first officially ratified triple Axel in the free skate and completed 8 clean triple jumps in total, she had won the title by nearly 15 points.
- Consequently, she had been named to represent Japan at the 2020 Winter Youth Olympics as well as the 2020 World Junior Figure Skating Championships. She had also been invited to compete in the senior division at the 2019–20 Japan Figure Skating Championships, alongside the rest of the top 6 finishers in the junior division.
- She holds the record of being just the 18th female figure skater to land a clean triple Axel at an international event.
- At the 2020 Winter Youth Olympics, she had recorded personal best scores in all segments to finish 4th overall. She, however, was the only member of the Japanese team not to be drawn for the team event.
- She had been assigned to make her senior international debut at the 2020 NHK Trophy, an event that was primarily attended by Japanese skaters due to the travel restrictions imposed in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic. She had stood 6th in the short program, 6th in the free skate, and 6th overall as well. She had made amends by winning the ‘Silver’ medal at the 2021 edition of the tournament.
- Her hobbies/interests include reading and traveling.
Featured Image by Mana Kawabe / Instagram
Source: This post first appeared on https://healthyceleb.com/