Ritzy suburb stunned as cops pounce on 'yuppie jihadi' at $1.2M home
Share this @internewscast.com

A prosperous suburb in New Jersey, which is also the residence of the state’s incoming governor, has been shaken by the arrest of two teenagers accused of terrorism, as new information about their alleged intentions comes to light.

Milo Sedarat and Tomas Kaan Jimenez-Guzel, both 19 years old, were detained on Wednesday following the FBI’s discovery of their plan to target gay bars in Detroit with a Halloween bombing, inspired by ISIS.

The FBI, in collaboration with the NYPD’s Intelligence Bureau, unearthed the alleged plot last week, noting that the intended attack aimed to mimic the 2015 ISIS terror assault in Paris.

Sedarat was captured at his family’s opulent three-story residence in Montclair, New Jersey, a home valued at $1.2 million, as reported by the New York Post.

The arrest left neighbors stunned, witnessing almost two dozen law enforcement vehicles arriving to detain the suspect.

Some of these vehicles were armored, and one local resident informed Montclair Local that he observed officers with automatic weapons around 11 a.m.

Meanwhile, Jimenez-Guzel was apprehended in a food court in Newark Liberty International Airport on his way to Turkey, with the goal of reaching Syria to train with ISIS, federal authorities say.

He was allegedly intending to travel on November 17, but moved his flight forward after hearing that the FBI had raided the homes of several other terror suspects in Detroit, sources said. 

Milo Sedarat

Tomas Kaan Jimenez-Guzel

Milo Sedarat and Tomas Kaan Jimenez-Guzel, both 19, were taken into custody on Wednesday, after the FBI uncovered a plot to bomb gay bars in Detroit in an ISIS-inspired attack on Halloween .

Sedarat was taken into custody at his father's $1.2 million house in Montclair, New Jersey, while Jimenez-Guzel was arrested at Newark airport

Sedarat was taken into custody at his father’s $1.2 million house in Montclair, New Jersey, while Jimenez-Guzel was arrested at Newark airport

The alleged homegrown-terrorists had come from well-off families.

Sedarat’s father is famed Iranian-American poet Roger Sedarat, and Jimenez-Guzel’s mother, Meral Guzel, serves as the head of the United Nation’s Women’s Entrepreneurship program.

She has been with the United Nations for more than a decade, working on female empowerment after previously working in the finance sector, according to her LinkedIn.

Both Sedarat and Jimenez-Guzel were also student athletes at their local high school.

At six-foot-one and 235 pounds, Jimenez-Guzel served as a defensive end on the football team, while Sedarat was on the wrestling team.

‘They’re good kids,’ one woman told the New York Post, while others described the Sedarats as ‘good neighbors’ and a ‘good family.’ 

But authorities say Sedarat and Jimenez-Guzel were secretly in a group chat alongside fellow alleged terrorist suspect Saed Ali Mirreh, also 19, of Kent, Washington.

‘In their communications, they discussed detailed travel plans, physical training, weapons – including firearms and IEDs – and methods to avoid law enforcement detection,’ Acting US Attorney for the District of New Jersey Alina Habba said as she announced the charges against the teenagers.

She said the messages also included photographs of Jimenez-Guzel standing in front of an ISIS flag holding a knife, as well as statements he made about conducting a ‘Boston bombing-like attack.’

Jimenez-Guzel's mother, Meral Guzel, serves as the head of the United Nation's Women's Entrepreneurship program

Jimenez-Guzel’s mother, Meral Guzel, serves as the head of the United Nation’s Women’s Entrepreneurship program

Sedarat's father, Roger Sedarat (pictured) is an award-winning Iranian American poet and a professor at Queens College in New York City

Sedarat’s father, Roger Sedarat (pictured) is an award-winning Iranian American poet and a professor at Queens College in New York City

 Disturbing court documents obtained by the New York Post describe how the teenagers said they wanted to behead infidels and become famous for ISIS-inspired terror attacks.

They also allegedly fantasized about executing Jews and carrying out antisemitic attacks in the tony New York City suburb.

In one excerpt from the criminal complaint, authorities described how Sedarat raged about his mother having Jewish friends and saying he wanted to execute ‘500 Jews’ and make their wives and children slaves.

He also allegedly said he wanted to use his car to mow down a pro-Israel march in Montclair.

Jimenez-Guzel, meanwhile, allegedly demonstrated an eagerness to participate in terrorist activities.

In one video call referenced in the complaint, Mirreh said they would have to be prepared to slit people’s throats if the were forced to make any propaganda videos.

Jimenez-Guzel then volunteered to do the beheadings himself, saying: ‘I’ll do it, bro.’

In another group chat, the teenager allegedly mused about craving infamy and said he wanted the group to ‘do something that’s going to leave a mark in history.

‘Something that’s gonna make them create a documentary on you on Netflix. Something that’s gonna make you have a Wikipedia page.’

Other times, prosecutors say, Jimenez-Guzel boasted he would wind up being ‘one of the most 100 evil people in the world,’ and posted a document in Arabic on social media titled in English ‘KILL THEM SILENTLY.’

It encouraged Muslims to practice the ‘obligation’ of jihad and ‘terrorize the disbelievers to avenge their Muslim brothers.’ 

When Mirreh noted in a group chat they would have to ‘unalive’ somebody ‘to get that mentality and get into our brain that we unalive someone and once we come, we don’t hesitate no more,’ Jimenez-Guzel responded: ‘Bro, it’ll be easy for me.’

Jimenez-Guzel allegedly took a photo of himself holding a knife in front of an ISIS flag

Jimenez-Guzel allegedly took a photo of himself holding a knife in front of an ISIS flag 

The wannabe-jihadists are pictured posing with weapons

The wannabe-jihadists are pictured posing with weapons

The group’s alleged actions plans were reportedly uncovered when an NYPD undercover officer was monitoring a suspect who was in communication with terror suspects arrested in Michigan, ABC 7 reports. 

In that case, three additional Michigan men were charged with intending to supply weapons for an alleged ISIS-inspired attack at a gay bar in Michigan.

Jimenez-Guzel is now charged with attempting to provide material support to a foreign terror group, and Sedarat was charged with two counts of transmitting threats to interstate and foreign commerce.

They were both shackled as they appeared in court on Wednesday, when a judge barred them from having contact with their alleged co-conspirators.

If convicted, they could now face 20 years in prison per count, plus a $250,000 fine and a lifetime supervised release.  

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Breaking News: Major Criminal Network for Illegal Migration Dismantled – Three Key Figures Arrested

Authorities have detained two Iranian nationals and a British citizen as part…

Fact Check: Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Potential Role on The View Sparks Online Buzz

Marjorie Taylor Greene recently made waves in Washington, D.C., with her unexpected…

Sydney Sweeney’s Co-Star Opens Up About Her Response to MAGA Rumors

Sydney Sweeney’s colleague has praised the actress for her remarkable resilience amidst…

Trump Halts Asylum Decisions Following National Guard Attack

The Trump administration has implemented a temporary halt on asylum decisions across…

Review Initiated for Green Cards from 19 Designated ‘Countries of Concern

The Trump administration is set to initiate a comprehensive review of immigration…

Keith Urban’s Alleged New Romance Sparks Fresh Nicole Kidman Divorce Speculation

In classic cowboy movies, the phrase goes, “This town ain’t big enough…

Sam’s Club Customer Causes Uproar by Purchasing Entire Stock of Roast Chicken

Chaos erupted at a Sam’s Club on the eve of Thanksgiving when…

Trump Takes Bold Action: Revokes All Biden Autopen Executive Orders – What This Means for America

In a dramatic twist, Donald Trump has nullified all executive orders signed…

Tragic Jetski Incident: British Man’s Final Moments Unfold Before Partner’s Eyes

Heart-wrenching video captures a father cradling his newborn on a yacht, mere…

Unveiling the Deception: How Foreign Trolls Exploit Photos to Fuel Racial Tensions Online

A viral video circulating on social media shows a large group of…

Airbus Issues Urgent Safety Alert for 6,000 Passenger Aircraft

Airbus, one of the world’s leading aircraft manufacturers, has issued a significant…

Father Allegedly Drowns Teen Daughter in Swamp in Suspected Honor Killing

A tragic incident in the Netherlands has led to the death of…