Adelaide pharmacies targeted in overnight crime spree

Pharmacies in Adelaide’s southern suburbs have been the target of an early morning crime spree, with two thieves at large after raiding two businesses and causing significant damage.

The pair made off with cough syrup and opioids during two early morning raids in Brighton and Darlington. 

The first took place in Brighton, where the perpetrators reportedly gained entry by throwing a brick through the back doors of a pharmacy. Their primary target was a safe containing opioid drugs. 

CCTV footage shows the pair forcing their way into the premises about 4am, wedging open a window and damaging a roller door.
CCTV footage shows the pair forcing their way into the premises about 4am, wedging open a window and damaging a roller door. (Nine)

Forty minutes later, a second pharmacy in Darlington was targeted. 

CCTV footage shows the pair forcing their way into the premises about 4am, wedging open a window and damaging a roller door. 

The individuals stole cough syrup, a substance often used in the illicit manufacture of drugs.

The owner of the Darlington pharmacy, Ajit Das, said he felt “devastated”.

“It’s kind of routine robbery which is happening every now and then which is really frustrating,” he said. 

In response to the incident, Das is now looking to enhance security measures.

“We’re going to go with the roller doors and more security and more cameras in yeah,” he said.

A customer at one of the pharmacies, Stephen Hornsey, said the perpetrators were “not fit for society”. 

Another customer, Kiki Penley, said it was “such a shame”.

Police responded to both incidents, deploying K-9 units in an attempt to locate the suspects. 

However, the search proved unsuccessful. Authorities are currently undertaking a thorough investigation. 

The Brighton pharmacy had been targeted previously, with a break-in occurring six months ago. The owner estimates the damage from the latest incident could reach $10,000.

Despite the overnight disturbances, both pharmacies remained open for business. 

This article was produced with the assistance of 9ExPress.

You May Also Like

White House Lawyer Opposes ABA Bid to Identify Advisers Behind Trump Law Firm Executive Orders

President Donald Trump listens during a Cabinet meeting on Friday, July 31,…

Men Accused of Stabbing Roommate 19 Times After Drinking-Fueled Fight Over Chores and Thermostat

Background: Water Street in Menasha, Wisconsin (Google Maps). Inset, left to right:…

Son Asked Dad to Talk, Then Stabbed Him in Neck: Police

Inset: Joseph Niemiec (Hall County Jail). Background: The 4200 block of 21st…

Fani Willis Blasts Judge’s Errors in Trump RICO Fee Fight

Inset left: Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis testifies at a hearing…

Repeat Felon Gets Two-Year Prison Sentence for Firearm Offense

Staff report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Robert Anthony Yancy, Jr., 25, will spend…

Man Tore Door Off Hinges to Fight Ex’s Boyfriend: Police

Inset: Steven Shannon (Allen County Sheriff’s Office). Background: The Allen County Jail…