Share this @internewscast.com
The remains of a missing pregnant woman, Rebecca Park, have been discovered in a Michigan woodland, confirming her disappearance after weeks of searching.
Preliminary autopsy findings have identified the body found on November 25 in the Manistee National Forest as that of 22-year-old Park, who disappeared while nearly full-term in her pregnancy, as reported by Up North Live.
The Wexford County Sheriff revealed that Park’s child was not with her remains, prompting Michigan State Police and allied law enforcement agencies to intensify their search efforts for the missing infant.
CrimeOnline previously reported that Park was last seen on November 3 when she was observed entering a vehicle outside her mother’s residence, having informed a family member that someone was coming to pick her up.
Her body was discovered late Tuesday evening, not far from the location where she was last seen.
“The body was located earlier today in the Manistee National Forest, in close proximity to this area,” stated Wexford County Sheriff Trent Taylor, as cited by Cadillac News.
“Currently, the Wexford County Sheriff’s Office, Michigan State Police, and the Michigan State Police Crime Lab are investigating that scene. The young lady who was found resembles Rebecca Park.”
Members of the public and not an “organized” search team found the body, according to Taylor. Officials said they found the body in an area that had been previously searched, but declined to speculate whether the body was placed there after the searches.
They also declined to comment on the condition of the body or other specifics regarding the discovery.
Park’s body was found near her mother’s home, according to 9 & 10 News.
As CrimeOnline previously reported, Park’s fiancé, convicted sex offender,Richard Lee Falor, and her sister, Kimberly Park, were both arrested a day after searchers found the body.
Kimberly Park was taken into custody hours after Falor’s arrest, who was charged with two counts of delivering methamphetamine, WPBN reported. He was given a $1 million bond after a judge deemed him a flight risk.
Park was charged with tampering with evidence, lying to a police officer, and filing a false report of a felony. She was also deemed a flight risk and was given a $750,000 bond.
Should either of them post bond, they’ll be required to wear GPS monitors. They both are scheduled for probable cause hearings on December 2.
Law enforcement is limiting information that is released, as this is an “active” investigation.
“There are a lot of moving parts, and the sheriff will give updates as soon as they become available,” said Michigan State Police Seventh District Public Information Officer Ashley Miller. “Right now, it is very active. We have a lot of detectives and department members working on this.”
[Feature Photo via Wexford County SO]