Man running errand with ex-girlfriend told her 'she was going to die today' then broke her sternum and ribs inside his F-150 during vicious attack: Court docs
Share this @internewscast.com

Inset: Jack Waldrop (Kennewick Police Department). Background: The area near the Kennewick Police Department in Washington, which handled his kidnapping and assault case (Google Maps).

This week, a man from Washington state revealed his intention to accept a plea deal in a case where he stands accused of kidnapping and threatening to kill his former girlfriend. Prosecutors allege that the man offered to give his ex a ride for an errand, but then ominously declared, “she was going to die today,” while she sat in his pickup truck.

The accused, Jack Waldrop III, 57, is a convicted felon with a grim history, having served two decades in prison for the murder of another ex-girlfriend. In this latest case, he faces charges of first-degree kidnapping, second-degree assault, and violating a court order after an alleged attack on a 63-year-old former partner in 2022.

According to court officials, Waldrop is slated to appear in court on Wednesday to alter his plea, following a not guilty plea in May 2022. It is anticipated that he will plead guilty to the kidnapping and court order violation charges, with the assault charge being dismissed as part of the arrangement.

The Tri-City Herald reports that under this plea agreement, Waldrop could face a prison sentence of up to eight years. Documents accessed by the newspaper detail that a protection order had been issued requiring him to stay away from his ex, an order he allegedly disregarded.

In March 2022, prosecutors claim Waldrop offered his ex a ride for an errand, leading to a confrontation after she overheard a disturbing phone conversation. The situation escalated when the woman exited Waldrop’s Ford F-150 and began heading towards a bus stop. Waldrop, moments later, approached her again, offering a ride home, according to court reports.

However, once she re-entered the vehicle, Waldrop allegedly drove her against her will away from the Tri-Cities area, making threats against her, as stated in a police press release.

The pair allegedly fought inside the vehicle, with the victim falling out of the F-150 at one point, according to prosecutors. Waldrop was stomping her, yanking her hair, and punching her in the back while telling her she was “going to die,” per the court docs. He also allegedly threatened to take his own life.

Waldrop allegedly started driving toward Snoqualmie Pass while he was backhanding her throughout the trip. They stopped at a gas station and he told the victim to go inside to get cleaned up; she “sought help from a citizen” while hiding in the bathroom and Waldrop was told to stay away from her by patrons inside, according to police.

Authorities were notified and Waldrop allegedly fled from the gas station in his truck. He was apprehended in California several weeks later. His ex was hospitalized with two broken ribs and a fractured sternum.

Waldrop had a trial date set for June 13 before accepting his plea deal this week.

A felon with ties to Oregon, Waldrop was convicted in 1998 of first-degree manslaughter after he pleaded guilty to beating and strangling Angela Walker at her apartment in Salem. He was sentenced to a little over 21 years in prison.

“They know what to do with vicious animals like you,” the victim’s father told Waldrop at his sentencing, according to the Statesman Journal.

The deputy district attorney who prosecuted Waldrop for that attack reportedly told the newspaper, “This is the most classic case of battered woman syndrome I’ve ever seen. He’s dangerous and I wish we could have given him more time. If you have a spouse or a boyfriend who’s abusive, get the hell out before it’s too late.”

Waldrop’s brother Michael Waldrop was sentenced in 1995 to 20 years behind bars for running over and killing his mother-in-law, Elizabeth Claypool, as she was trying to get her two grandchildren, ages 3 and 4, out of his pickup truck, according to the Associated Press.

It’s unclear whether Waldrop’s ex who survived his attack was aware that he had killed a woman in Oregon and went to prison for it. Waldrop was released in 2018.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Hillary Clinton Requests Court to Hold Trump and Legal Team Accountable for Interest Accrual on Unpaid Million-Dollar Sanctions

Left: Former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton speaks at the Mumbai…

Alabama Mother Faces Charges for Filing False Report in Toddler’s Disappearance Case

In Alabama, authorities have taken a significant step in the case of…

Escalation in Sydney’s Underworld: Police Probe Trio of Incidents Within Days

Sydney’s underworld war is out of the shadows with a home sprayed…

Fulton County Challenges FBI’s Legal Grounds for 2020 Election Ballots Seizure from Warehouse

Left: Donald Trump exits his vehicle to walk over to speak with…

Notorious Offender Admits Guilt: Federal Firearm Possession Charges in Latest Legal Battle

Staff Report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Tyrese Da’Jon Jones, a 26-year-old, has admitted…

Tragic Collision Claims Life of Beloved Teacher as Man Escapes ICE Traffic Stop

Insets: Linda Davis (Savannah-Chatham County Public School System) and Oscar Vasquez Lopez…

Inmate Faces 40 New Charges for Staggering 139 Calls to Victim on Jail’s Free Phone Service

Staff Report GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Landon Kirell Coleman, aged 22, currently incarcerated…

Trump Demands Death Penalty for Nancy Guthrie Kidnappers: A Bold Stance on Justice

During a call on Tuesday, the U.S. President issued a stern warning,…

Unmatched DNA on Guthrie Glove: Investigators Stumped as Database Yields No Leads

Investigators have discovered DNA on a pair of gloves found approximately 1.5…

Man Allegedly Kills Longtime Girlfriend After Club Outing Seen on Snapchat, Police Report

Inset: Nicholas J. Gandy (Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office). Background: The area in…

Fear at the Mosque: Families Terrified as Threatening Letters Target Children’s Safety

Sydney‘s Lakemba Mosque has received its third threatening letter on the eve…

Judge Blocks Trump Administration’s Attempt to ‘Re-Detain’ Immigrant with Backdated Deportation Order: Legal Strategy Backfires

Inset: Kilmar Abrego Garcia in an undated photo (CASA). Background: President Donald…