The ABC series has announced Idol Across America, a live virtual audition tour which will visit all 50 states in search of the next singing sensation.
The live tour will begin on August 10 and use custom-built Zoom technology to host its virtual nationwide search.
Adapting to the times: American Idol has announced Idol Across America, a live virtual audition tour which will visit all 50 states in search of the next singing sensation
The show will return for a fourth season in the spring of 2021.
For the first time in the show’s history, the remote auditions will happen across all 50 states plus Washington, D.C. giving aspiring singers across the country a chance to compete.
They’ll get real-time feedback on their performance with face-to-face interaction with an Idol producer.
Hopefuls can sign up online for Idols Across America for the chance to have a virtual audition in front of a producer. The link is www.americanidol.com/auditions.
Making it happen: Hopefuls will get real-time feedback on their performance with face-to-face interaction with an Idol producer
Changing it up: Like many studio productions American Idol has been forced to film episodes remotely amid the pandemic where in-studio audiences are no longer allowed to limit the spread of the disease
Applicants must be between 15 – 28 years old to audition and may do so on any Idol Across America date regardless of your location.
The current judge line-up is Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie but it’s not yet known which of the judges have signed on for the new season or whether Ryan Seacrest will be back to host.
American Idol had a 15-year run on Fox before it was cancelled in 2017. It returned on ABC the following year.
Hit: American Idol was renewed for a fourth season by ABC earlier this year. Pictured are judges Lionel Richie, Katy Perry and Luke Bryan
Idol Across America audition dates:
– Delaware, Florida and Ohio (Aug 10)
– Louisiana, Missouri and Wisconsin (Aug 12)
– Arizona, Oregon and Washington (Aug. 14)
– Georgia, Maryland, Washington D.C. and Rhode Island (Aug 16)
– Open Call Auditions (Aug 17)
– Alabama, Arkansas and Kansas (Aug 18)
– Idaho, New Mexico and Utah (Aug. 20)
– Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Texas (Aug 22)
– Michigan, Tennessee and Virginia (Aug 24)
– Open Call Auditions (Aug 25)
– Iowa, Mississippi and Oklahoma (Aug 26)
– Illinois, Indiana and Minnesota (Aug 28)
– Connecticut, New Jersey and New York (Aug 30)
– Colorado, Montana, Nevada and Wyoming (Sep 1)
– Maine, South Carolina and West Virginia (Sep 3)
– Alaska, California and Hawaii (Sep 5)
– Kentucky, New Hampshire and Pennsylvania (Sep 7)
– Massachusetts, North Carolina and Vermont (Sep 9)
Source: Daily Mail