Police raid 'stronghold' linked to kidnap of Sydney grandfather
Share this @internewscast.com
Police have raided a property in north-west Sydney they believe is a “makeshift stronghold” that was used by the kidnappers of Chris Baghsarian, but the Sydney grandfather is still missing.
A week after the 85-year-old was taken in an apparent case of mistaken identity, NSW Police said they had “located a crime scene in Dural“.

On a recent evening, strike force detectives executed a search warrant at a property on Wildthorn Avenue around 7 p.m., according to NSW Police. This development comes amidst the ongoing investigation into the kidnapping case involving Chris Baghsarian.

Chris Baghsarian. (NSW Police)

While police have yet to confirm the discovery of Baghsarian or any arrests made, they have assured the public that they will provide further details during a media briefing scheduled for 10 a.m. today. This briefing is expected to shed more light on the progress of the investigation.

The crime scene in Dural saw the presence of detectives from the Robbery and Serious Crime Squad, underscoring the seriousness of the case. Their involvement is part of a broader effort to resolve the troubling incident that occurred earlier this year.

Chris Baghsarian was abducted from his home in North Ryde shortly after 5 a.m. on Friday, February 13. In a startling revelation, police have stated that Baghsarian was not the intended victim; he was mistakenly taken in a case of mistaken identity, adding a complex layer to the ongoing investigation.

Baghsarian was kidnapped from his home in North Ryde just after 5am on Friday, February 13.

“Early inquiries established that Chris Baghsarian was not the intended target of the kidnapping and had been taken in a case of mistaken identity,” police said.

Baghsarian’s family have pleaded for the elderly grandfather to be released by his captors and police have set up Strike Force Chobat.

“As police continue their intensive investigation to locate Mr Baghsarian and to identify and arrest those responsible for his kidnapping, they are appealing for further public assistance,” NSW Police said.

“Anyone who may have seen or heard anything relating to the kidnapping or witnessed any sort of suspicious activity in the Dural area since last Friday is urged to contact detectives.”

NEVER MISS A STORY: Get your breaking news and exclusive stories first by following us across all platforms.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Global Search Initiated for Missing Nancy Guthrie

The investigation into the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie has now extended beyond…

Shocking Headlines: How UK Newspapers Reacted to Ex-Prince’s Arrest

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor may be out of police custody, but judging by the…

Investigation Continues: Montana Girl Remains Missing Nearly Five Years After Last Seen with Uncle

An 8-year-old girl from Montana remains missing after she disappeared from the…

Tragic Collision: Drunk Teen Kills 14-Year-Old Cyclist, Leaves Trail of Twisted Tea Cans at Devastating Crash Site

Background: News footage of the scene in Holly Springs, N.C., where Max…

Shocking Threats Unveiled: Trump Supporter’s Disturbing Plot Against Biden and Obama Family Exposed

President Joe Biden gives remarks on student debt relief at Delaware State…

Family Shocked as Hospital Error Leads to Wrong Person’s Burial: Lawsuit Reveals Shocking Mix-Up in Body Identification

Background: Rhode Island Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island (Google Maps). Inset: Emilia…

78-Year-Old Man Arrested for Stalking Mother and Child on Bus Route: Attempted Abduction Foiled

Share A 78-year-old from California faces charges for allegedly “harassing and stalking”…

Ex-South Korean President Receives Life Sentence for Enforcing Martial Law

Former South Korean president Yoon Suk Yeol was sentenced to life in…

Shocking Incident: Teacher’s Unexpected Punch Over Rotisserie Chicken at Sam’s Club

Inset: Ashley Murff (Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center). Background: The Sam’s Club…

Mother Allegedly Leaves Child, Drives Across States, and Hits Woman with Car Before Fleeing: Police Report

Background: State Road 18 in Converse, Ind. (Google Maps). Inset (left): Adria…

North Dakota Man Allegedly Used DoorDash to Obtain Tools for Girlfriend’s Dismemberment, Investigators Reveal

Authorities in North Dakota suspect that a woman’s boyfriend resorted to using…

Gainesville Resident Arrested After Allegedly Brandishing Firearm in Neighbor Encounter

By Staff Writer GAINESVILLE, Fla. – Christopher Xavier Tyson, 50, found himself…