3.9k Share this
A dental assistant helps with a variety of health care tasks, from taking dental x-rays and caring for patients, to helping file records and appointment scheduling.
Education: Other trades certificate or diploma. or equivalent experience. Experience: 5 years or more. Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish between colours. Health benefits: Dental plan. Screening questions: Are you willing to relocate for this position?. Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?.
- Location: Abbotsford, BC
- Salary: $24.00 to $28.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Term or contract
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- Vacancies 1 vacancy
We are hiring a dental assistant for our busy dental practice. You will help with preparing patients, sterilizing instruments, setting up rooms, and some dental hygiene tasks. To do well in this role you should have a dental x-ray certification and provide a great level of patient care.
Dental Assistant Responsibilities:
- Preparing patients for dental work.
- Helping with infection control by sterilizing and disinfecting instruments, setting up instrument trays, preparing materials, and assisting with dental procedures.
- Assisting dentists in managing medical and dental emergencies when necessary.
- Assisting dental hygienists with procedures when necessary.
- Providing great patient care.
- Recording treatment information in patient records.
- Exposing dental x-rays from dental diagnostics and caring for dental x-ray equipment.
- Giving patients information on dental hygiene, oral health care, and plaque control programs.
- Collecting and recording medical and dental histories and patient vital signs.
- Providing postoperative instructions as directed by the dentist.
- Caring for dental equipment.
- Forming preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Ordering dental supplies and maintaining dental equipment inventory.
- Fabricating temporary restorations and custom impressions from preliminary impressions.
Dental Assistant Requirements:
- Certification or associate degree in an accredited dental assisting program.
- Dental x-ray certification.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of Dental Hygiene Program.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Consistently professional appearance and attitude.
- Able to provide great patient care.
Other trades certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
5 years or more
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Manual dexterity; Ability to distinguish between colours
- Health benefits
- Dental plan
- Screening questions
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply