Share this @internewscast.com
Denise Van Outen is a multi-talented actress, singer, dancer, and presenter from England who is famous for presenting “The Big Breakfast”. Further, she is renowned for playing as Roxie Hart in the musical “Chicago” both on the West End and on Broadway and finishing as runner-up in the tenth series of the BBC One dancing show “Strictly Come Dancing”. She was judged on “Any Dream Will Do” in 2007 and in 2011, she was the judge on “Born to Shine”. Additionally, she had also been a judge on “Ireland’s Got Talent” which ran for two seasons (2018–2019). In February 2021, she launched her first podcast “Before We Say I Do” alongside partner Eddie Boxshall. The follows the couple as they investigate types of relationship counseling in an attempt to iron out any differences they may have before they get married. It is produced by Yahoo! UK.
What is Denise Van Outen Famous For?
- Being an actress, singer, dancer, and presenter.
- For being the judge on “Any Dream Will Do” in 2007, “Born to Shine” in 2011, as well as on “Ireland’s Got Talent” (2018–2019).
Where is Denise Van Outen from?
Denise Van Outen was born on 27th May 1974. She is from Basildon, Essex, England. she is British by nationality and her ethnicity is Mixed. Her birth name is Denise Kathleen Outen. She celebrated her 47th birthday as of 2021. Gemini is her zodiac sign as per her birth date. She is the daughter of Ted (father) and Kathleen Outen (mother). She was born as the youngest one among the three children of her parents. Thus, she has a brother, Terry, and a sister, Jackie as her elder siblings. She was raised Catholic by religion. She started modeling when she was seven years old for the knitting patterns. She was interested in modeling in her childhood.
About her education, she attended Sylvia Young Theater School.
Denise Van Outen Career Timeline
- Initially, Denise played Éponine in “Les Misérables” (the role paid for her school fees), the Anthony Newley-directed production of “Stop the World – I Want to Get Off”, and “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” with the Royal Shakespeare Company in the year 1986.
- She next appeared in a number of TV dramas including “Kappatoo” and “The Bill” as a teenager.
- Also, she appeared in a Drinking and Driving Wrecks Lives commercial in 1991.
- She performed backing vocals with Melanie Blatt for the group “Dreadzone”.
- Additionally, she sang with former video game soundtrack singer Cathy Warwick in a ‘girl group’ called Those2Girls in the mid-1990s. She had a minor Top 40 hit in 1995, called “All I Want”.
- She started her career by appearing as Jill in ITV1’s version of the pantomime “Jack and the Beanstalk”, during her first stint on the Big Breakfast show.
- She appeared on several episodes of “The Bill” and “The Young Person’s Guide To Becoming A Rock Star”, the BBC’s “Murder in Mind” short series of crime dramas as well as on 2 series of “Babes in the Wood” in 1999.
- Next, she appeared in the crime comedy “Love, Honour and Obey” which was followed by “Tube Tales”, “Are You Ready For Love?”.
- In April 2001, she first played Roxie Hart on the stage in the hit musical “Chicago” at the Adelphi Theater in the West End.
- In late April 2002, she appeared as one of many special guest stars in a performance of The Play What I Wrote once again in London’s West End.
- She next returned to the London stage at the Gielgud Theater in Andrew Lloyd Webber’s one-woman show “Tell Me on a Sunday” in 2003.
- After that, she joined the cast of the established ITV sentimental drama “Where the Heart Is”.
- In 2007, she played Maureen in the London revival of “Rent Remixed” directed by William Baker until 22 December.
- She co-presented “Who Dares, Sings!” in 2007. After a year, she fronted Sky1’s “Hairspray: The School Musical”. She is currently narrating the ITVBe series “The Only Way Is Essex”.
- Besides this, she guests presented This Morning in 2005, The Friday Night Project in 2006, The 5 O’Clock Show in 2010, Lorraine in 2010 and 2012, and Sunday Brunch in 2013.
- On 4th February 2008, she reunited with her former “Big Breakfast” partner Johnny Vaughan as co-host of “Capital Breakfast” on Capital Radio.
- In July 2009, she played Mary in “Hotel Babylon” for the BBC.
- She took over the role of Paulette Bonafonté from Jill Halfpenny in the West End production of “Legally Blonde” on 25th October 2010.
- She was a judge on the 2011 series “Born to Shine”.
- She was cast in the film of the Ray Cooney farce “Run for Your Wife” in 2012.
- In September 2012, she was announced as one of the celebrities competing in the tenth series of “Strictly Come Dancing” partnering with dancer James Jordan finishing the runners-up.
- In spring 2013, she started presenting her own Saturday afternoon radio show on London’s Magic 105.4, airing between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm.
- She co-wrote the one-woman musical play, “Some Girl I Used To Know” with Terry Ronald in 2013, which she will tour from January 2014.
- She was a guest panelist on an episode of “Loose Women” in 2014 and became a regular panelist on the show in September 2017.
- She has been the presenter of “Matalan Presents: The Show” since 2016.
- It was announced that Van Outen would be joining the cast of “EastEnders” in February 2015.
- She performed the title role in a concert performance of the musical “Sweet Charity” at Cadogan Hall in August 2015.
- Later, it was announced in September 2018 stating that she would be joining the cast of the 2018 London revival of “Chicago” at the Phoenix Theatre in the West End.
- On 30th August 2017, she was announced as one of the four judges on the first season of “Ireland’s Got Talent” in 2018.
- She joined the cast of the Australian soap opera “Neighbours” as Prudence Wallace in June 2019. Her first scenes aired in September 2019.
- In the year 2020, she competed in the ITV singing competition “The Masked Singer” as ‘Fox’ finishing fifth.
- She was announced as one of the celebrities competing in the thirteenth series of “Dancing on Ice” on 23rd September 2020 partnering with Matt Evers. On 26th January 2021, she withdrew from the competition as a result of her dislocation, as well as three bone fractures which were confirmed after further MRI scans.
- In the year 2021, she returned to music and released a cover of the Les Misérables musical song “On My Own” as a charity single in aid of the Make A Difference Trust.
- In February 2021, she launched her first podcast “Before We Say I Do” alongside partner Eddie Boxshall.
Who is Denise Van Outen Husband?
Denise Van Outen was a married woman previously. At present, she is living a single life happily. She is not dating anyone at present. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Denise Van Outen was initially linked with singer Robbie Williams after working together on the TV series, “TFI Friday” in 1997. After that, she started dating singer Jay Kay in 1998. Jay Kay was a member of the British jazz band, Jamiroquai. They even got engaged. Their relationship lasted for three years ending in 2001. Next, she dated actor and director, Nick Moran for a short period of time in 2001. Denise later stated that she never referred to him as her boyfriend. After then, she had four years of an on-and-off relationship with Richard Traviss (owner of Brown’s nightclub and lapdance club, Bada Bing). The pair even moved into a £1.8 million penthouse apartment in Central London to live together. Their relationship ended in 2005. In the year 2007, she began her relationship with James Lance. They had started dating while they were attending the Sylvia Young stage school and Denise was 14 years old at that time. They split at the end of the year. Denise next dated Lee Mead in November 2007. They met each other on the sets of the TV show, Any Dream Will Do. They got married in an intimate wedding ceremony in April 2009. Their marriage was officially ended in July 2013 as they separated. They officially got divorced in 2015. During the course of their marriage, she gave birth to a girl, Betsy Mead. Denise started dating commodities trader, Eddie Boxshall in July 2014. They had first met after being set up on a date by a mutual friend. She would later reveal in an interview that just after 10 minutes, she realized that their relationship would work and he was ‘the one’. They even lived together in Chelmsford. In January 2022, their relationship ended.
Denise Van Outen gets back in touch with her ex after recent split
Denise Van Outen is reportedly back in touch with her ex Jay Kay following her split from Eddie Boxshall. Denise broke up with Eddie after it had been reported that she had discovered a series of secret messages on his phone to other women. And now it has been claimed that Denise is “speaking again” with Jamiroquai singer Jay – who she dated for three years and before going their separate ways in 2001. “Denise and Jay have been speaking again, and it has been good for both of them to have that connection,” a source said. The former couple met in 1998 when GQ Magazine asked Denise to interview the musician at Silverstone racetrack.
How much is Denise Van Outen Net Worth?
Denise Van Outen is a talented and successful celebrity who has been active in the entertainment industry for more than 20 years. Her estimated net worth is estimated to have £3 million as of 2022. Her main source of wealth is from acting, singing, modeling, dancing, and TV presenting careers. Today, she is living a luxurious lifestyle at present. Whereas her exact salary is still to get disclosed yet. Without a doubt, she is making an annual income of millions of dollars at present.
What is Denise Van Outen Height?
Beautiful actress and singer, Denise Van Outen stands at the perfect height of 5 feet 6 inches or 1.68 m. Her body type is slim and her body weight measures 53 Kg or 117 lbs. Her hair color is blonde and she has a pair of green eyes. She has a body measurement of 34-25-34 inches. She maintains her body a lot by doing frequent exercises. Overall, she has got a healthy body with a charming smile that attracts a lot of people to her. On 16th January 2021, she suffered a partially dislocated shoulder and tendon damage to her left shoulder after falling during rehearsals for the launch show of series 13 of Dancing On Ice; van Outen was able to perform a modified dance routine with her professional skate partner Matt Evers on the launch show.
Did You Know?
- She was voted Rear of the Year in 1999, and was top of a poll to find the most desired “bikini body” in a 2007 poll of readers of Grazia magazine.
- She has a record of eating 250 grams of jelly in 60 seconds with a blindfold on.
- She was born as the youngest one among the three children of her parents.
- She started modeling when she was seven years old for the knitting patterns.
- In February 2021, she launched her first podcast “Before We Say I Do” alongside partner Eddie Boxshall.
Source: Gossip Gist