Jarrod Bowen is a versatile English professional footballer who is well recognized for playing as a forward for Premier League club West Ham United. Prior to playing for West Ham, he played for the Hull City Football Club where he was named Player of the Year in 2019 after leading his team in scoring. While making his first career start for West Ham, Jarrod scored his first career English Premier League goal during a 3-1 win versus Southampton FC on 29th February 2020. He started his youth career playing for the Hereford United Football Club in Hereford, England. Additionally, Jarrod scored his first goal in European football during the 2021-2022 Europa League in a 3-0 win over Genk on 21st October 2021.
Jarrod Bowen strikes twice to extend Norwich misery at the bottom
Jarrod Bowen started this game as if on a mission and finished it with his claim to wider recognition looking more convincing than ever. Norwich could not get near him here: his movement was simply out of their league all night and that is to say nothing of his finishing, which came good twice to ensure the visitors’ hapless campaign plumbed another depth. “A really professional performance,” Moyes said. “We had opportunities to make it a bit easier but we deserved our victory, it was the right result in the end.”
Bowen had seen a goal disallowed shortly beforehand, his cross going straight in while an offside Nikola Vlasic strayed across the keeper’s line of vision, but he had been relentless since the opening exchanges and it seemed inevitable he would eventually strike gold. “When you look at the competition for England it’s a decision for Gareth Southgate,” said Moyes, who had first addressed Bowen’s international prospects after he scored against Leeds on Sunday. “But he’s getting closer to people saying: ‘We should have a look at him and see what he can do’. I don’t think he’ll be too far away, but the biggest thing is to keep playing well for West Ham.”
- Being an English professional footballer.
- For playing as a forward for Premier League club West Ham United.
What Nationality is Jarrod Bowen?
Jarrod Bowen was born on 20th December 1996 in Leominster, England. He is of British nationality and he belongs to British-white ethnic background. Likewise, his religious belief is in the Christian religion and his race is white. Bowen’s present age is 25 which he celebrated back in 2021 and as per his birthdate, his zodiac sign is Sagittarius. He is the son of his father, Sam Bowen whereas his mother’s name is not known. Jarrod has a younger brother, Harry Bowen and he also has a younger sister.
What does Jarrod Bowen do for a living?
- Jarrod Bowen kicks off his career as a scholar at Hereford United where he made his debut in a 2-0 loss against Barnet on 22nd March 2014 and scored his first career goal on 21st April 2014 in Hereford’s 3-2 home victory over Alfreton Town.
- Bowen signed for Premier League club Hull City in July 2014 where he made his first-team debut for Hull on 23rd August, playing the full 90 minutes in a 3-1 EFL Cup victory over Exeter City. He signed a new two-year contract with Hull on 7th November 2016.
- On 5th August 2017, he scored his first goal for Hull away to Aston Villa in a 1-1 draw, and in September 2017, he signed a new contract that tied him to the club until June 2020.
- At the annual end-of-season awards ceremony on 8th May 2018, he won both the Hull City Supporter’s Player of the Year and Players’ Player of the Year awards.
- Also, he was selected as part of the 2018-2019 Championship Team of the Season in March 2019. He scored 22 goals in all competitions during the 2018-2019 season, which saw him finish as Hull’s top scorer again
- He won the Player of the Year, Players’ Player of the Year, and Hull City Supporter’s Player of the Year awards. on 7th May 2019.
West Ham United
- Jarrod joined West Ham United on a permanent transfer on 31st January 2020 and scored his first goal for the club, in a 3-1 win against Southampton on 29th February 2020, in his first start for West Ham.
- As well, he scored his first goals of the 2020-2021 Premier League season on 27th September 2020, scoring twice in a 4-0 win against Wolverhampton Wanderers; West Ham’s first league win of the season.
- A week later, he added to his tally for the season on 4th October 2020, scoring the third goal in a 3-0 away win against Leicester City.
- He scored three goals in three consecutive games during the second half of the season, in a 3-3 draw against Arsenal and 3-2 wins over Wolves and Leicester, taking his tally up to eight goals for the season.
- On 21st October 2021, Jarrod scored his first goal in European football during the 2021-2022 Europa League in a 3-0 win over Genk.
Awards and Achievements
- Hull City Supporters’ Player of the Year: 2017-2018
- Hull City Players’ Player of the Year: 2017-2018
- EFL Championship Player of the Month: December 2018, November 2019
- West Ham United on 31/01/2020 for 21.3M €
- Hull City on 01/07/2016 From Hull U18
Is Jarrod Bowen Dating Anyone?
Jarrod Bowen is an unmarried footballer. He is rumored to be dating the Love Island season four winner Dani Dyer. The rumors started when Jarrod was pictured leaving Dyer’s house. Dyer is a television personality and an actress. Bowen has not however spoken very daringly and openly about his relationship, but he definitely shows his affection whenever the two are together. Talking about his sexual orientation, he is straight.
Jarrod Bowen Net Worth: How much is he making annually?
Jarrod Bowen has a net worth of 4 million euros as of 2022. He signed a 6 year / £30,000,000 contract with the West Ham United F.C., including an annual average salary of £5,000,000. In 2021, Bowen will earn a base salary of £5,000,000, while carrying a cap hit of £5,000,000. Bowen’s current market value is €35.00m as of 23rd December 2021 which is also his highest market value till now. In addition, his major source of income is his football career.
What is the Height and Weight of Jarrod Bowen?
Jarrod Bowen stands at an ideal height of 5 ft 9 in (1.75 m) with a balanced body weight of 70 kg. He has short brown hair and lights brown eyes color. He definitely has emerged as another teen sensation in the scene. Moreover, Bowen’s body build type is athletic.
Source: Gossip Gist