Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Al-Qaida Leader in Yemen Issues Threats to Trump, Musk, and Others
  • Local news

Al-Qaida Leader in Yemen Issues Threats to Trump, Musk, and Others

  • 3 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
Yemen's al-Qaida branch leader threatens Trump, Musk and others

Up next

Ahead, Troll Factor Eight! Rep Mike Collins 'Corrects' Chris Van Hollen's Office Plaque

Wow: Chris Van Hollen’s Recent Remarks on Trump and Abrego Garcia Take a Surprising Turn

Published on 07 June 2025

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0

Al-Qaida Leader in Yemen Issues Threats to Trump, Musk, and Others

DUBAI – Al-Qaida’s Yemen branch leader has issued threats to U.S. President Donald Trump and billionaire Elon Musk, citing the ongoing Israel-Hamas conflict in Gaza. This marks his first video statement since assuming leadership of the group last year.

The 30-minute video by Saad bin Atef al-Awlaki, circulated by al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula followers on Saturday, urged lone-wolf attackers to target leaders in Egypt, Jordan, and the Gulf Arab states due to the war’s impact on Gaza.

Al-Awlaki’s video presentation displayed photos of Trump, Musk, U.S. Vice President JD Vance, and Secretaries of State Marco Rubio and Pete Hegseth. It also featured logos from Musk’s enterprises, including Tesla.

“There are no red lines after what happened and is happening to our people in Gaza,” al-Awlaki said. “Reciprocity is legitimate.”

Yemen’s al-Qaida branch long thought to be most dangerous

Though believed to be weakened in recent years due to infighting and suspected U.S. drone strikes killing its leaders, the group known by the acronym AQAP had been considered the most dangerous branch of al-Qaida still operating after the 2011 killing by U.S. Navy SEALs of founder Osama bin Laden, who masterminded the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

In 2022, a U.S. drone strike in Afghanistan killed bin Laden’s successor, Ayman al-Zawahri, who also helped plot 9/11. The Sept. 11 attacks then began decades of war by the U.S. in Afghanistan and Iraq, and fomented the rise of the Islamic State group.

Al-Awlaki already has a $6 million U.S. bounty on his head, as Washington says al-Awlaki “has publicly called for attacks against the United States and its allies.” He replaced AQAP leader Khalid al-Batarfi, whose death was announced by the group in 2024.

Israel-Hamas war a focus of the Houthis as well

AQAP seizing onto the Israel-Hamas war follows the efforts of Yemen’s Houthi rebels to do the same. The Iranian-backed group has launched missile attacks on Israel and targeted commercial vessels moving through the Red Sea corridor, as well as American warships. The U.S. Navy has described their campaign against the Houthis as the most intense combat it has faced since World War II.

The Trump administration also launched its own intense campaign of strikes on the Houthis, which only ended before the president’s recent trip to the Middle East.

The Houthis’ international profile rose as the group remains mired in Yemen’s long-stalemated war. Al-Awlaki may be betting on the same for his group, which U.N. experts have estimated has between 3,000 and 4,000 active fighters and passive members. The group raises money by robbing banks and money exchange shops, as well as smuggling weapons, counterfeiting currencies and ransom operations, according to the U.N.

The Shiite Zaydi Houthis have previously denied working with AQAP, a Sunni extremist group. However, AQAP targeting of the Houthis has dropped in recent years, while the militants keep attacking Saudi-led coalition forces who have battled the Houthis.

“As the Houthis gain popularity as leaders of the ‘Arab and Muslim world’s resistance’ against Israel, al-Awlaki seeks to challenge their dominance by presenting himself as equally concerned about the situation in Gaza,” said Mohammed al-Basha, a Yemen expert of the Basha Report risk advisory firm.

“For a national security and foreign policy community increasingly disengaged from Yemen, this video is a clear reminder: Yemen still matters.”

Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

You May Also Like

Kushner Meets Netanyahu on Gaza After Two-Hour Hamas Talks - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Kushner Meets Netanyahu on Gaza After Two-Hour Hamas Talks

JERUSALEM – Jared Kushner, the Mideast negotiator and son-in-law of Donald Trump,…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Trump Blames Vandals for Damaged Grass at Site of His July 4 Celebration - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Trump Blames Vandals for Damaged Grass at Site of His July 4 Celebration

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Sunday that vandals were responsible for…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Ben Gvir Tells Ex-Hostage Israel Should Kill 30-40 Gazans Nightly - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Ben Gvir Tells Ex-Hostage Israel Should Kill 30-40 Gazans Nightly

JERUSALEM – A far-right Israeli lawmaker serving in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s…
  • Internewscast
  • August 16, 2026
Zimbabwe Ferry Disaster Death Toll Rises to 84 as 12 More Bodies Are Recovered - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Zimbabwe Ferry Disaster Death Toll Rises to 84 as 12 More Bodies Are Recovered

HARARE – Rescue teams in Zimbabwe continued searching Lake Kariba on Sunday…
  • Internewscast
  • August 16, 2026
Hayden Panettiere’s Hopeful Last Interview: I Have More Life Left to Live - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Hayden Panettiere’s Hopeful Last Interview: I Have More Life Left to Live

Hayden Panettiere offered a hopeful look at what she believed was ahead…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Sardinian Coast Faces Surge of Tourist Party Boats as Locals Raise Alarm - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Sardinian Coast Faces Surge of Tourist Party Boats as Locals Raise Alarm

Some of Sardinia’s most treasured coastal beauty spots are under mounting…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Battlefield where Anglo Saxons DESTROYED a Viking army found in Devon
  • News

Lost Devon Battlefield Where Anglo-Saxons Crushed Vikings Found

A battlefield lost to history, where Anglo-Saxon fighters are believed to have…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Newsom Wildfire Plan Sparks California Insurance Rate Revolt - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Newsom Wildfire Plan Sparks California Insurance Rate Revolt

California Gov. Gavin Newsom is drawing backlash over a new wildfire liability…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.