Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Europeans Claim Putin’s Peace Talks with US Envoys Are Just a Charade
  • Local news

Europeans Claim Putin’s Peace Talks with US Envoys Are Just a Charade

  • 3 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
Europeans accuse Putin of faking interest in peace after talks with US envoys

Up next

Details emerge on CIA unit alleged National Guard shooter served with in Afghanistan

Breaking News: DC National Guard Shooting Suspect Faces Formal Charges – Uncover What’s Next

Published on 03 December 2025

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0


Europeans Claim Putin’s Peace Talks with US Envoys Are Just a Charade

KYIV – Following extensive discussions lasting five hours in the Kremlin with U.S. envoys, there was no sign of progress in peace negotiations, prompting Ukrainian and European leaders to accuse Russian President Vladimir Putin of merely pretending to engage in peace efforts. Despite the lack of a breakthrough, talks are set to continue.

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Andrii Sybiha expressed frustration, urging Putin to “stop wasting the world’s time” with insincere gestures.

The U.K.’s Foreign Secretary, Yvette Cooper, criticized Putin’s approach, calling for him to “end the bluster and the bloodshed” and to seriously engage in discussions that would lead to a “just and lasting peace” for Ukraine, which she emphasized is crucial for European security.

The meeting, held late Tuesday in Moscow, involved U.S. President Donald Trump’s envoy, Steve Witkoff, alongside Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner. This encounter is part of a renewed U.S. initiative to achieve a peace deal, a goal that has remained elusive since Trump resumed office in January.

Both Russian and American parties agreed to keep the details of the discussions confidential. However, a significant obstacle persists: the fate of Ukrainian territories occupied by Russia since its invasion in February 2022.

Yuri Ushakov, a senior adviser to Putin, informed reporters that a compromise on territorial issues has yet to be reached. “Without resolving this,” he stated, “the Kremlin sees no path to ending the crisis.”

Ukraine, too, has ruled out giving up territory that Russia has captured.

Ushakov called the conversation with the American officials “rather useful, constructive, rather substantive,” but added that the framework of the U.S. peace proposal was discussed rather than “specific wording.”

Ahead of the Kremlin talks, Putin delivered stinging criticism of Europe’s role in the negotiations, accusing countries on the continent of wanting to sabotage a deal. He ominously added that although he doesn’t want to fight Europe, “if Europe suddenly wants to wage a war with us and starts it, we are ready right away.”

Those comments kept tensions high over efforts to stop the nearly four-year war.

Europeans step up assistance for Ukraine

The foreign ministers from European NATO countries, meeting in Brussels, showed little patience with Moscow.

“What we see is that Putin has not changed any course. He’s pushing more aggressively on the battlefield,” Estonian Foreign Minister Margus Tsahkna said. “It’s pretty obvious that he doesn’t want to have any kind of peace.”

Finland’s Foreign Minister Elina Valtonen struck the same note. “So far we haven’t seen any concessions from the side of the aggressor, which is Russia, and I think the best confidence-building measure would be to start with a full ceasefire,” she told reporters.

NATO Secretary-General Mark Rutte said Ukraine’s partners will keep sending it military aid to ensure pressure is maintained on Moscow.

“The peace talks are ongoing. That’s good,” Rutte said.

“But at the same time, we have to make sure that whilst they take place and we are not sure when they will end, that Ukraine is in the strongest possible position to keep the fight going, to fight back against the Russians. But also in the strongest possible position when peace talks really get to a point where they sit at the table,” he said.

Canada, Germany, Poland and the Netherland announced that they will spend hundreds of millions of dollars more together to buy U.S. weapons to donate to Ukraine.

In August, European allies at NATO began buying American weapons for Ukraine under a financial arrangement known as the Prioritized Ukraine Requirements List, or PURL.

The war claims more lives

Russia and Ukraine are engaged in a grim war of attrition on the battlefield and are using drones and missiles for long-range strikes behind the front line.

Russian drones hit the town of Ternivka in Ukraine’s Dnipropetrovsk region, killing two people and injuring three more, the head of the regional military administration, Vladyslav Haivanenko, said Wednesday.

Two people were in critical condition, he said, after the attack destroyed one house and damaged six more.

Overall, Russia fired 111 strike and decoy drones at Ukraine overnight, Ukraine’s air force said.

Meanwhile, Russia’s Ministry of Defense said Wednesday that air defenses destroyed 102 Ukrainian drones overnight.

Falling drone debris sparked a fire at an oil depot in the Tambov region, about 200 kilometers (120 miles) south of Moscow, local Gov. Yegveniy Pervyshov said.

___

Cook reported from Brussels.

___

Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

You May Also Like

Lake County Launches Machine Recount in Tight District 11 Republican Contest - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Lake County Launches Machine Recount in Tight District 11 Republican Contest

LAKE COUNTY, Fla. – A razor-thin Republican primary contest for Florida’s Congressional…
  • Internewscast
  • August 22, 2026
Trump Urges Court to Block BBC Request for Family Records in Defamation Case - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Trump Urges Court to Block BBC Request for Family Records in Defamation Case

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump is asking a federal judge to deny…
  • Internewscast
  • August 22, 2026
Congo Receives Over 16,000 Ebola Vaccine Doses Amid Unprecedented Outbreak - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Congo Receives Over 16,000 Ebola Vaccine Doses Amid Unprecedented Outbreak

BUNIA – Congo has taken delivery of more than 16,000 doses of…
  • Internewscast
  • August 22, 2026
Beloved Kids’ Entertainer Speaks Out After Psychiatric Hold - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Beloved Kids’ Entertainer Speaks Out After Psychiatric Hold

Beloved children’s entertainer Mychal Threets has spoken publicly for the first…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Karmelo Anthony fights for new trial as lawyers clash over unwritten deal that shaped case
  • US

Judge Denies Karmelo Anthony New Trial Over Lawyer Dispute

A Texas judge on Saturday denied Karmelo Anthony’s bid for a new…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Father Killed Daughter, 14, Her Brother and Shot Girlfriend at Home: Police - Internewscast Journal
  • Crime

Father Killed Daughter, 14, Her Brother and Shot Girlfriend at Home: Police

Inset left: Zion Savion Terry (Obituary). Inset middle: Levy Nelson (Richmond Police…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Gavin Newsom Signs Stop Nick Shirley Act Amid Backlash - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Gavin Newsom Signs Stop Nick Shirley Act Amid Backlash

California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Saturday signed the disputed “Stop Nick Shirley…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.