Ex-LAPD officer accused of killing unarmed homeless man in 2015 arrested at LAX
Share this @internewscast.com


In a significant development, former Los Angeles Police Department officer Clifford Proctor has been arrested in connection with the 2015 shooting of an unarmed homeless man. LAPD officials confirmed on Friday that Proctor was taken into custody at Los Angeles International Airport on a felony murder warrant.

The LAPD made the announcement via social media, emphasizing their commitment to supporting the justice system and collaborating with law enforcement partners as the case unfolds. “We will continue to support the justice system as this case proceeds and will work collaboratively with our law enforcement partners throughout the process,” the department stated.

This arrest follows a warrant that was issued a year ago, despite the reluctance of the previous Los Angeles County District Attorney to pursue the case, which had garnered significant public attention.

The Los Angeles Times reports that Proctor is accused of shooting 29-year-old Brendon Glenn twice in the back. The incident occurred in May 2015 when Proctor and his partner responded to reports of a disturbance at the Bank of Venice restaurant on Winward Avenue, from which Glenn and his dog had been removed.

Following the disturbance, officers ordered Glenn to leave the vicinity and proceeded to follow him, according to the Times. This tragic event has been under scrutiny and has now reached a pivotal point with Proctor’s arrest.

Proctor and his law enforcement partner responded to reports of a disturbance after Glenn and his dog were removed from the Bank of Venice restaurant on Winward Avenue. When the officers ordered the 29-year-old to leave the area, they followed him, The Times reported.

A short time later, when Glenn got into an altercation with a bouncer outside a nearby bar, the officers attempted to arrest him and during a struggle with the 29-year-old, Proctor shot him twice in the back.

Glenn, who was unhoused at the time, died from the gunshot wounds.

Former L.A. County DA Jackie Lacey declined to file charges against Proctor despite then LAPD Chief Charlie Beck calling for the officer to face manslaughter charges.

It’s unclear exactly what charges Proctor is facing, but two law enforcement officials who spoke to The Times on condition of anonymity said they are in connection with the fatal shooting of the 29-year-old.  

In an email to KTLA, V. James DeSimone, the lawyer for Glenn’s family, reported that the 29-year-old’s mother, Sheri Camprone, is hopeful for justice and in response to the news of a warrant being issued for Proctor’s arrest, she said, “It’s about time.”  

Josh DuBose and Nidia Becerra contributed to this report.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Survey Reveals Teenagers’ Growing Disinterest in Traditional News Media

NEW YORK – From a young age, Cat Murphy had a clear…

Greene County Standoff Leads to Man Facing Multiple Attempted Murder Charges, Says Sheriff

A man has been arrested and charged with several counts of attempted…

African Union Temporarily Suspends Guinea-Bissau Following Military Coup

DAKAR – In response to a military coup, the African Union has…

Northwestern Secures $75 Million Agreement to Reinstate Federal Funding

In a significant move, Northwestern University has finalized an agreement with the…

FC Alliance North Girls Triumph in State Championship Victory

A team from the FC Alliance North soccer club recently returned to…

Pope Concludes Turkey Visit, Sets Sights on Beirut to Inspire Hope Amid Lebanon’s Ongoing Challenges

ISTANBUL – Concluding his visit to Turkey, Pope Leo XIV is now…

Vols Stunned by Vanderbilt in First Defeat Since 2018

The Tennessee Volunteers concluded their regular season in traditional fashion by facing…

Union High School Triumphs in Playoffs with Strong Community Backing

WISE COUNTY, Va. (WJHL) – Enthusiasm filled the air at Phil Robbins…

Experience the Magic: Johnson City’s Candyland Christmas Trees Illuminate the Holiday Season

JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (WJHL) — On Saturday evening, the heart of Johnson…

Trump’s Surprising Pardon of Ex-Honduran President Hernández Could Reshape U.S. Election Dynamics

TEGUCIGALPA – As Honduras gears up to elect its next president, the…

Gaza Ministry Reports Over 70,000 Palestinian Lives Lost in Ongoing Israel-Hamas Conflict

DEIR EL-BALAH – As the conflict between Israel and Hamas continues, the…

Texas Congressman Troy Nehls Announces Retirement Plans for 2026

In a recent announcement, Republican U.S. Representative Troy Nehls from Texas revealed…