Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news New Refugee Program Welcomes More White South Africans to the U.S.
  • Local news

New Refugee Program Welcomes More White South Africans to the U.S.

  • 2 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
More white South Africans arrive in the US under a new refugee program

Up next

Members of international organized residential burglary ring arrested after posing as Amazon drivers, Irvine, CA break-in | Video

Tragic Chicago Shooting Claims Deangelo Miles’ Life Just Days After His Graduation from Hansberry College Prep

Published on 02 June 2025

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0

New Refugee Program Welcomes More White South Africans to the U.S.

JOHANNESBURG – A second group of white South Africans recently arrived in the United States through a refugee program introduced by the Trump administration, as confirmed by officials and advocacy organizations on Monday.

The group, consisting of nine individuals, including families with children, reached their destination at the end of last week, according to Jaco Kleynhans, who is in charge of international coordination for the Solidarity Movement—a group that advocates for South Africa’s Afrikaner minority. He mentioned that the group flew in on a commercial airline.

An official from the U.S. Embassy conveyed in an email to The Associated Press that the arrival of refugees from South Africa via commercial flights continues as part of the Afrikaner resettlement program’s ongoing activities.

An initial group of 59 white South Africans arrived at Dulles International Airport in Virginia on a chartered flight last month under the new program announced by U.S. President Donald Trump in February. The Trump administration fast-tracked the resettlement of white South Africans after indefinitely suspending other U.S. refugee programs.

The Trump administration said it is offering refugee status to white South Africans it alleges are being persecuted by their Black-led government and are victims of racially motivated violence. The South African government has denied the allegations and said they are a mischaracterization of the country.

Trump has falsely claimed that white South African farmers are targeted in widespread attacks that amount to genocide and are having their land taken away. Trump confronted South African President Cyril Ramaphosa with those baseless claims during a meeting at the White House last month.

Ramaphosa has said the relatively small number of attacks on white farmers are part of South Africa’s larger problems with violent crime, which affects all races.

The Trump administration initially said the refugee program was aimed at members of South Africa’s Afrikaner minority, who are descendants of mainly Dutch and French colonial settlers. In new guidance published by the U.S. Embassy last month, applicants must be “a member of a racial minority” in South Africa and “must be able to articulate a past experience of persecution or fear of future persecution.”

There are approximately 2.7 million Afrikaners among South Africa’s population of 62 million, which is more than 80% Black. They are not the only white minority. There are around 4.5 million whites in total, including those with British or other heritage.

The U.S. Embassy spokesperson said the U.S. “continues to review inquiries from individuals who have expressed interest to the embassy in resettling to the United States and is reaching out to eligible individuals for refugee interviews and processing.”

While U.S. officials have not said how many South Africans have applied to be relocated, Kleynhans said there have been around 8,000 applications. Another group helping white South Africans apply for refugee status has said tens of thousands have applied.

___

AP Africa news: https://apnews.com/hub/africa

Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

You May Also Like

Lake County Launches Machine Recount in Tight District 11 Republican Contest - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Lake County Launches Machine Recount in Tight District 11 Republican Contest

LAKE COUNTY, Fla. – A razor-thin Republican primary contest for Florida’s Congressional…
  • Internewscast
  • August 22, 2026
Congo Receives Over 16,000 Ebola Vaccine Doses Amid Unprecedented Outbreak - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Congo Receives Over 16,000 Ebola Vaccine Doses Amid Unprecedented Outbreak

BUNIA – Congo has taken delivery of more than 16,000 doses of…
  • Internewscast
  • August 22, 2026
Boston Symphony Orchestra Musicians Union Authorizes First Strike in Ensemble’s 145-Year History - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Boston Symphony Orchestra Musicians Union Authorizes First Strike in Ensemble’s 145-Year History

LENOX, Mass. – Musicians with the Boston Symphony Orchestra have authorized what…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Trump Urges Court to Block BBC Request for Family Records in Defamation Case - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Trump Urges Court to Block BBC Request for Family Records in Defamation Case

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump is asking a federal judge to deny…
  • Internewscast
  • August 22, 2026
Ohio Doctor Killed in Alleged Plot by Teen Daughter After Fight - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Ohio Doctor Killed in Alleged Plot by Teen Daughter After Fight

An Ohio physician who once authored a study about “the violent and…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Nevada Wildfires Scorch 10,000 Acres as Emergency Declared - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Nevada Wildfires Scorch 10,000 Acres as Emergency Declared

Thousands of residents were urged to evacuate immediately as the massive Hawk…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Mary Peltola Missed Hundreds of Votes in Taxpayer-Funded Jobs - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Mary Peltola Missed Hundreds of Votes in Taxpayer-Funded Jobs

Democratic Senate nominee Mary Peltola, a former Alaska congresswoman, missed close to…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Samsung Plans Up to $80 Billion Returns After SK Hynix Buyback - Internewscast Journal
  • Asia

Samsung Plans Up to $80 Billion Returns After SK Hynix Buyback

A Samsung logo is displayed at the Samsung Electronics Seocho building in…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.