Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Paris Prosecutor Announces Preliminary Charges for Two New Suspects in Louvre Jewel Heist Investigation
  • Local news

Paris Prosecutor Announces Preliminary Charges for Two New Suspects in Louvre Jewel Heist Investigation

  • 3 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
Two new suspects handed preliminary charges in Louvre jewels heist case, Paris prosecutor says

Up next

Israeli IDF Lawyer Tomer-Yerushalmi Fired After Exposing Abuse

Whistleblower Shocker: Fired IDF Lawyer Tomer-Yerushalmi Unveils Startling Abuse Allegations

Published on 01 November 2025

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0


Paris Prosecutor Announces Preliminary Charges for Two New Suspects in Louvre Jewel Heist Investigation

PARIS – In a significant development in the investigation into the daring crown jewels theft at the Louvre, the Paris prosecutor announced on Saturday that two more individuals have been preliminarily charged. This comes after their arrest three days prior, as authorities continue to unravel the case.

According to prosecutor Laure Beccuau, a 37-year-old man has been charged with theft by an organized gang as well as criminal conspiracy. The suspect, who has a history of thefts, is no stranger to law enforcement, as highlighted in the official statement.

The second suspect, a 38-year-old woman, faces charges of complicity in the crime. Both individuals are currently in custody following these accusations.

Despite the serious charges, both suspects have denied any involvement in the heist, as confirmed by the prosecutor.

Adrien Sorrentino, the woman’s attorney, conveyed her distress over the allegations, stating his client is “devastated” and disputes the claims against her.

“She cannot comprehend her alleged connection to the charges she faces,” Sorrentino remarked to the press.

Jewels have not been recovered

Officials said the jewels stolen in the Oct. 19 heist have not been recovered — a trove valued around $102 million that includes a diamond-and-emerald necklace Napoleon gave to Empress Marie-Louise as a wedding gift, jewels tied to 19th-century Queens Marie-Amélie and Hortense, and Empress Eugénie’s pearl-and-diamond tiara.

Five people were arrested by police on Wednesday in connection with the case, including one tied to the heist by DNA. That person is suspected of belonging to the team of four who used a freight lift truck to enter the Louvre. The prosecutor did not specify whether the person was among those charged on Saturday.

The three others have been released without charges, Beccuau said.

Two earlier suspects, men aged 34 and 39 from Aubervilliers, north of Paris, were charged this week with theft by an organized gang and criminal conspiracy.

Beccuau said both gave “minimalist” statements and “partially admitted” their involvement. The two are believed to be the men who forced their way into the Apollo Gallery. One was stopped at Charles-de-Gaulle Airport with a one-way ticket to Algeria; his DNA matched a scooter used in the getaway.

About 100 investigators involved

Neither names nor extensive biographical details about the suspects have been made public.

Information about investigations is meant to be secret under French law, to avoid compromising police work and to ensure victims’ right to privacy, a policy known as “secret d’instruction.″ Only the prosecutor can speak publicly about developments, and violators can be prosecuted.

Earlier this week, Beccuau praised an “exceptional mobilization” — about 100 investigators seven days a week, with roughly 150 forensic samples analyzed and 189 items sealed as evidence.

It took robbers less than 8 minutes to steal the jewels. The team of four used a freight lift, allowing two of them to force a window and cut into two display cases with disc cutters, before the four fled on two scooters toward eastern Paris. Only the “near-simultaneous” arrival of police and museum security stopped the thieves from torching the lift and destroying crucial evidence, the prosecutor said.

Investigators said there is no sign of insider help for now, though they are not ruling out a wider network beyond the four on camera.

In a separate case, Interior Minister Laurent Nuñez said six people were arrested on Thursday soon after a robbery at a gold refining laboratory in the city of Lyon during which thieves used explosives. The loot, which was estimated to be worth 12 million euros ($13.9 million) has been recovered, Nuñez said on X.

Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

You May Also Like

Longtime Stars and Stripes Publisher to Retire Amid Pentagon Rift - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Longtime Stars and Stripes Publisher to Retire Amid Pentagon Rift

The longtime publisher of Stars and Stripes is stepping down, closing out…
  • Internewscast
  • August 19, 2026
Telescope Spots Milky Way’s Fastest Star Racing Around a Black Hole - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Telescope Spots Milky Way’s Fastest Star Racing Around a Black Hole

NEW YORK – Astronomers have spotted the fastest star yet detected in…
  • Internewscast
  • August 19, 2026
Amendment 3 Explained: Tax Cut or Fiscal Time Bomb? - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Amendment 3 Explained: Tax Cut or Fiscal Time Bomb?

ORLANDO, Fla. – Florida’s Amendment 3 is drawing sharply divided reactions across…
  • Internewscast
  • August 19, 2026
Parramore Cheer and Dance Program Works to Prevent Heat-Related Fainting Among Young Girls - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Parramore Cheer and Dance Program Works to Prevent Heat-Related Fainting Among Young Girls

ORLANDO, Fla. – In Orlando’s Parramore neighborhood, Pure Pressure Cheer and Dance…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026
Bayonne, NJ Wins LLWS Opener on Thrilling Walk-Off Homer - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Bayonne, NJ Wins LLWS Opener on Thrilling Walk-Off Homer

Bridgewater Little League pitcher Jude DeSimone could only tip his cap toward…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026
Parramore Cheer and Dance Program Works to Prevent Heat-Related Fainting Among Young Girls - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Parramore Cheer and Dance Program Works to Prevent Heat-Related Fainting Among Young Girls

ORLANDO, Fla. – In Orlando’s Parramore neighborhood, Pure Pressure Cheer…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026
Lawsuit Claims 6-Year-Old Girl Died After Freak Badminton Racket Accident - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Lawsuit Claims 6-Year-Old Girl Died After Freak Badminton Racket Accident

The family of a six-year-old girl killed in a horrifying badminton accident…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026
Israeli military launches criminal probe into the death of five-year-old girl whose call for help was broadcast around the world
  • Asia

Israel Opens Criminal Probe Into 5-Year-Old Hind Rajab’s Death

Israel’s military has opened a criminal investigation into the deaths of…
  • Internewscast
  • August 20, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.