Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Paris Prosecutor Reveals Louvre Heist Suspects’ Previous Theft Conviction History
  • Local news

Paris Prosecutor Reveals Louvre Heist Suspects’ Previous Theft Conviction History

    Paris prosecutor: 2 Louvre heist suspects had prior theft conviction together
    Up next
    Taylor Swift shows off engagement ring on girls' night out
    Taylor Swift Unveils Stunning Engagement Ring During Glamorous Girls’ Night Out
    Published on 02 November 2025
    Author
    Internewscast
    Tags
    • conviction,
    • Entertainment,
    • had,
    • heist,
    • Laure Beccuau,
    • Laurent Nuñez,
    • Louvre,
    • Paris,
    • prior,
    • prosecutor,
    • Suspects,
    • theft,
    • together,
    • world news
    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest


    PARIS – In a dramatic turn of events surrounding the Louvre jewel heist, two of the suspects now in custody share a criminal past, having been convicted in a joint theft case a decade ago. This revelation was made by the Paris prosecutor as three out of four alleged members of the heist team face charges.

    Laure Beccuau, the prosecutor, disclosed that the DNA of a 37-year-old suspect, who was charged on Saturday, was found inside the basket lift used to access the museum’s window. This individual faces preliminary charges of theft by an organized gang and criminal conspiracy, with a criminal history that includes 11 prior convictions, predominantly for theft.

    Additionally, a 39-year-old suspect, charged with similar offenses earlier in the week, holds a record with 15 convictions, including two for theft. Beccuau highlighted the intriguing connection between their criminal backgrounds, stating, “What’s interesting about these records, when we compare them, is that … we see that they were both involved in the same theft case, for which they were convicted in Paris in 2015.”

    A third suspect, aged 34, also believed to be a member of the “commando” team, as the French media refers to the group, has been charged in connection with the daring heist. This investigation continues to unravel, shedding light on the intricate networks of organized crime operating in the heart of Paris.

    “What’s interesting about these records, when we compare them, is that … we see that they were both involved in the same theft case, for which they were convicted in Paris in 2015,” Beccuau said.

    Another man aged 34 suspected of being part of the “commando” team, as French media have dubbed the thieves, was also charged this week.

    A 38-year-old woman who was handed preliminary charges of “complicity” on Saturday is the longtime partner of the 37-year-old suspect, Beccuau said, noting some “closeness” between all suspects.

    All four are being held in custody.

    Beccuau declined to answer a question about whether investigators are getting closer to finding the jewels.

    “We are examining all the possibilities on the parallel market for selling this jewelry, which I hope will not happen anytime soon. … It could be used for money laundering, it could be used for trade, all leads are being explored,” she said.

    Interior Minister Laurent Nuñez said he remains “optimistic” about the investigation, in an interview with Le Parisien newspaper Saturday.

    “There are four perpetrators, at least one of whom remains at large, plus possibly the one or those who ordered the crime and the jewelry,” Nuñez said.

    “I have great confidence in the work of the police, so I’m optimistic. But my optimism doesn’t extend to thinking that the loot will be recovered quickly,” he added.

    Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

    Share this @internewscast.com
    FacebookXRedditPinterest
    You May Also Like
    Delaware man married in the 1970s to former first lady Jill Biden set for plea in wife's death
    • Local news

    Delaware Man from Jill Biden’s Past to Enter Plea in Wife’s Death Case

    WILMINGTON, Del. – In a case drawing both local and national attention,…
    • Internewscast
    • February 17, 2026
    Australia won't repatriate 34 women and children from Syria
    • Local news

    Australia Decides Against Repatriating 34 Women and Children from Syrian Conflict Zone

    MELBOURNE – Prime Minister Anthony Albanese announced on Tuesday that Australia will…
    • Internewscast
    • February 17, 2026

    Tragic Update: Juvenile Suspect Sought as Shooting Victim Succumbs, Murder Charges Filed

    In a tragic turn of events in Kingsport, Tennessee, the youth involved…
    • Internewscast
    • February 17, 2026
    US and Iran to hold a second round of nuclear talks in Geneva
    • Local news

    US-Iran Nuclear Negotiations: Geneva Hosts Crucial Second Round Talks

    In the scenic city of Geneva, the United States and Iran are…
    • Internewscast
    • February 17, 2026
    New Mexico legislators launch investigation into Jeffrey Epstein's secluded ranch
    • Local news

    Unveiling the Secrets: New Mexico’s Probe into Jeffrey Epstein’s Mysterious Ranch

    SANTA FE, N.M. – New Mexico state legislators initiated an investigation on…
    • Internewscast
    • February 17, 2026
    ‘The Great Gatsby,’ ‘Hamilton’ among Dr. Phillips Center 2026-27 Broadway show lineup in Orlando
    • Local news

    Unveiling the 2026-27 Orlando Broadway Lineup: ‘The Great Gatsby’ & ‘Hamilton’ Take Center Stage at Dr. Phillips Center

    ORLANDO, Fla. – The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts has…
    • Internewscast
    • February 17, 2026
    The Todd Tavern in Alice Springs is one of 20 venues where the serving of alcohol will be further restricted.
    • AU

    Alice Springs Enforces New Mid-Week Pub Rules: No Meal, No Pint Policy Shakes Up Local Scene

    A sweeping reform is set to hit pubs in Alice Springs as…
    • Internewscast
    • February 18, 2026
    Up to 10 backcountry skiers missing after avalanche in Castle Peak area in Sierra Nevada, California, sheriff's office says
    • US

    Urgent Search Underway: Up to 10 Backcountry Skiers Missing in Sierra Nevada Avalanche

    NEVADA CITY, Calif. — In the wake of a formidable winter storm…
    • Internewscast
    • February 18, 2026
    Invisible danger experienced by 150 million Americans could cause dementia... Daily Mail map reveals if YOU are at risk
    • Health

    Is Your Area at Risk? Unveiling the Invisible Threat Linked to Dementia Affecting 150 Million Americans

    Nearly half of Americans are inhaling polluted air that is quietly damaging…
    • Internewscast
    • February 18, 2026
    Aussies outraged over device that blasts irritating noise on a bridge
    • News

    Australians Express Concern Over Device Emitting Annoying Noise on Bridge

    Australians are expressing outrage over a controversial device that emits loud, sharp…
    • Internewscast
    • February 18, 2026
    Internewscast Journal
    • Home
    • Privacy Policy
    • DMCA Notice
    • Terms and Conditions
    • Guest Post
    • Support Our Cause
    Copyright 2023. All Right Reserverd.