Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news Shocking Rise: Congo’s Ebola Cases Surge to 282 as Brave Survivors Share Their Astonishing Recovery Stories
  • Local news

Shocking Rise: Congo’s Ebola Cases Surge to 282 as Brave Survivors Share Their Astonishing Recovery Stories

  • No comments
  • 2 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
Confirmed Ebola cases in Congo reach 282 as survivors describe their recoveries

Up next

Spencer Pratt shames Karen bass, Nithya Raman with video of homeless man sleeping near ballot box

Spencer Pratt Criticizes Karen Bass and Nithya Raman in Video Highlighting Homelessness Near Ballot Box

Published on 01 June 2026

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0


Shocking Rise: Congo's Ebola Cases Surge to 282 as Brave Survivors Share Their Astonishing Recovery Stories

BUNIA – The Democratic Republic of Congo is grappling with an escalating Ebola situation, with the latest reports indicating at least 282 confirmed cases. Survivors of this devastating outbreak have shared their profound relief with The Associated Press.

The epidemic is primarily concentrated in the eastern Ituri province, where the Ministry of Health has documented 264 cases. The Bundibugyo strain of Ebola, which currently lacks an approved vaccine or treatment, is responsible for this outbreak. Over 1,000 suspected cases have been identified across the country.

Efforts to control the outbreak face significant hurdles, as noted by the health ministry. Key strategies include prompt detection and isolation of new cases, meticulous contact tracing, safe burial practices, and bolstering infection control measures within healthcare facilities.

The ministry reports that contact tracing efforts have reached 45% coverage, with 220 potential cases still under investigation.

In the midst of these challenges, five individuals who have recovered from Ebola expressed their immense relief to The Associated Press.

Among them, Baraka Bulambulu, a nurse, shared his joy upon receiving consecutive negative test results, signifying his recovery from the disease.

Bulambulu was among those presented certificates of recovery by the World Health Organization Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus as he opened a new Ebola treatment center in Bunia, the capital of Ituri province, on Sunday.

“The first one came back positive, but the second and third were negative for me,” Bulambulu said with a wide grin. “Coming out of this illness alive is an indescribable joy.”

Ezo Étienne, another nurse who recovered from the disease, said he first started feeling dizzy during ward rounds at the hospital as he checked on patients.

“That was how it started,” he recalled. “I called the team and told them, ‘Something’s wrong here.’ I checked my blood pressure and saw that I was immediately experiencing hypotension (low blood pressure). I decided to rest for a bit, and a few minutes later I started vomiting.”

The WHO has said all five survivors are health workers — four nurses and a laboratory worker — a group most affected in the outbreak.

Treatments so far have mostly targeted patients’ symptoms, the organization has said.

“Your courage gives hope and your living story, that this outbreak can be stopped,” Tedros told the health workers on Sunday.

Neighboring Uganda has also reported nine cases of Ebola and closed its border with Congo seeking to limit its spread.

Although more than 20 Ebola outbreaks have taken place in Congo and Uganda, the Bundibugyo virus has been rare. The lack of approved vaccines and treatments, as well as the remote locations and armed violence in hot spots, have made the current response challenging.

Despite the challenges, the recoveries are “a victory worth celebrating,” said Dr. Dieudonne Mwamba Kazadi, the director-general of Congo’s National Institute of Public Health.

“It’s a strong message that it is possible to recover from Ebola when seeking care early in a dedicated health facility,” he added.

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You May Also Like

Boston Symphony Orchestra Musicians Union Authorizes First Strike in Ensemble’s 145-Year History - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Boston Symphony Orchestra Musicians Union Authorizes First Strike in Ensemble’s 145-Year History

LENOX, Mass. – Musicians with the Boston Symphony Orchestra have authorized what…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Lake County Launches Machine Recount in Tight District 11 Republican Contest - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Lake County Launches Machine Recount in Tight District 11 Republican Contest

LAKE COUNTY, Fla. – A razor-thin Republican primary contest for Florida’s Congressional…
  • Internewscast
  • August 22, 2026
Trump Tests Mark Carney as Canada Faces Economic Coercion Concerns - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Trump Tests Mark Carney as Canada Faces Economic Coercion Concerns

TORONTO, ONT – Mark Carney made his mark on the world stage…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Buc-ee’s Sparks Ohio Backlash Over Mini Mart Beaver Logo Fight - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Buc-ee’s Sparks Ohio Backlash Over Mini Mart Beaver Logo Fight

BEAVERCREEK, Ohio – From a lip-smacking alligator to a grinning moose and…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Inside Ryanair Cabin Footage Shows Aftermath of Shattered Plane Window - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Inside Ryanair Cabin Footage Shows Aftermath of Shattered Plane Window

New footage from inside a Ryanair aircraft has revealed the terrifying moments…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Iranian Hackers Reportedly Shut Down British Power Plant for Four Days - Internewscast Journal
  • News

Iranian Hackers Reportedly Shut Down British Power Plant for Four Days

Hackers linked to Iran forced a British power plant offline for four…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
WNBA Star Ejected After Elbowing Rival in Face During Game - Internewscast Journal
  • News

WNBA Star Ejected After Elbowing Rival in Face During Game

Los Angeles Sparks forward Dearica Hamby was tossed from the game against…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026
Meghan Markle’s Luxury Pyjamas Are Worth Every Penny - Internewscast Journal
  • Royals

Meghan Markle’s Luxury Pyjamas Are Worth Every Penny

Daily Mail journalists independently choose and curate the products featured on our…
  • Internewscast
  • August 23, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.