Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Internewscast Journal
  • Home
  • US News
  • Local News
  • Health
  • People
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Home Local news UN Reports: Over 1,000 Civilians Killed in April Attack by Sudanese RSF at Zamzam Camp
  • Local news

UN Reports: Over 1,000 Civilians Killed in April Attack by Sudanese RSF at Zamzam Camp

  • 3 minute read
Total
0
Shares
Share 0
Tweet 0
Pin it 0
Sudanese paramilitary group RSF killed more than 1,000 civilians in Zamzam camp in April, UN says

Up next

Fans of TWO more nations face missing out on trip to the World Cup after Donald Trump's latest ban

Trump’s Travel Ban Puts World Cup Dreams on Hold for Two More Nations

Published on 18 December 2025

Author

Internewscast

Share article

The post has been shared by 0 people.
Facebook 0
X (Twitter) 0
Pinterest 0
Mail 0


UN Reports: Over 1,000 Civilians Killed in April Attack by Sudanese RSF at Zamzam Camp

CAIRO – A devastating assault by the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) paramilitary group earlier this year resulted in the deaths of over 1,000 civilians, according to a report published Thursday by the U.N. Human Rights Office. The attack targeted the largest displacement camp in western Sudan over a span of three days.

In April, the RSF launched a raid on Zamzam camp during a military operation aimed at besieging el-Fasher, the capital city of North Darfur province. This assault was marked by extreme violence and brutality.

According to the report, the attack involved the execution of hundreds in various locations such as homes, the central market, schools, and healthcare facilities. It also highlighted a disturbing pattern of sexual violence, including instances of rape, gang rape, and sexual enslavement.

The U.N. report describes these actions as a “consistent pattern of grave breaches of international humanitarian law and severe violations of international human rights law.” This release follows recent accusations by Amnesty International, which also alleged war crimes by the RSF during the camp assault.

Before the April assaults, Zamzam camp was Sudan’s largest displacement site, sheltering over 500,000 people. The report notes that the RSF had restricted the flow of food and critical supplies to the camp for several months leading up to the attack.

Established in 2004 to protect those displaced by the Sudanese Janjaweed militia, Zamzam camp is situated just south of el-Fasher. Over the years, it expanded significantly, stretching approximately 8 kilometers (5 miles) in length and 3 kilometers (2 miles) in width.

RSF has been at war with the Sudanese military since April 2023. The conflict has killed 40,000 people — though some rights groups say the death toll is significantly higher — and has created the world’s worst humanitarian crisis with more than 14 million people displaced. Many areas have experienced famine, including at the Zamzam camp.

“The findings contained in this report are yet another stark reminder of the need for prompt action to end the cycles of atrocities and violence, and to ensure accountability and reparations for victims,” U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Volker Türk said.

Türk warned that the patterns of violence in Zamzam are now being repeated in el-Fasher as RSF took over the city.

“These horrific patterns of violations — committed with impunity — are consistent with what my office has repeatedly documented, including during the RSF takeover of el-Fasher in late October,” Türk said.

Separately, Sudan’s top general met with Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi in Cairo Thursday amid growing pressure to resolve the war in Sudan.

Burhan’s meeting with el-Sissi came after the Sudanese general held talks with Saudi officials in Riyadh earlier this week. U.S. envoy Massad Boulos was also in Riyadh at the same time and met with Saudi officials. There was no public announcement that Burhan met with the American official.

Boulos said on X Wednesday after meeting with Saudi officials, including Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan, there was an agreement with Saudi Arabia on practical steps “toward a humanitarian truce, durable stability, and expanded humanitarian access and assistance for the Sudanese people.”

Both the United States and Saudi Arabia are mediators, part of a group known as the Quad along with Egypt and the United Arab Emirates.

Burhan had previously rejected a ceasefire proposal in November, calling it unacceptable and “the worst yet” — and accused the mediators of being “biased” in their efforts to end the war.

In a statement after the meeting, the Egyptian presidency affirmed its support for Sudan, but also rejected “the establishment of any parallel entities or their recognition, considering this a violation of Sudan’s unity and territorial integrity,” adding that there are “red lines” that can’t be crossed. RSF announced a parallel government in July called the Tasis Alliance.

The statement also said that Egypt affirms “its full right to take all necessary measures and actions guaranteed by international law and the Joint Defense Agreement between the two brotherly countries to ensure that these red lines are not violated or crossed.”

Copyright 2025 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.

You May Also Like

Kushner Meets Netanyahu on Gaza After Two-Hour Hamas Talks - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Kushner Meets Netanyahu on Gaza After Two-Hour Hamas Talks

JERUSALEM – Jared Kushner, the Mideast negotiator and son-in-law of Donald Trump,…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Luigi Mangione State Murder Trial Delayed Indefinitely as Double Jeopardy Battle Continues - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Luigi Mangione State Murder Trial Delayed Indefinitely as Double Jeopardy Battle Continues

NEW YORK – The state murder trial of Luigi Mangione in the…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Russian Court Jails Kremlin Critic 11 Years for Opposing War - Internewscast Journal
  • Local news

Russian Court Jails Kremlin Critic 11 Years for Opposing War

A Russian court on Monday found a well-known opposition figure guilty over…
  • Internewscast
  • August 17, 2026
Ocoee police warn of ‘bank jugging’ crimes targeting cash-carrying residents
  • Local news

Ocoee Police Warn of Bank Jugging Thefts Targeting Residents Carrying Cash

OCOEE, Fla. – Police in Ocoee are urging residents to stay alert…
  • Internewscast
  • August 18, 2026
Jared Kushner Issues Hamas Ultimatum: Disarm or Face Israeli Offensive Backed by US - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Jared Kushner Issues Hamas Ultimatum: Disarm or Face Israeli Offensive Backed by US

U.S. special envoy Jared Kushner issued a blunt warning to Hamas on…
  • Internewscast
  • August 18, 2026
Devon Witherspoon Becomes the Highest-Paid Cornerback in NFL History - Internewscast Journal
  • Celeb Zone

Devon Witherspoon Becomes the Highest-Paid Cornerback in NFL History

The Seattle Seahawks have turned 2026 into a year to remember. After…
  • Internewscast
  • August 18, 2026
GP Reveals 6 Simple Steps to Boost Your Gut Health - Internewscast Journal
  • Health

GP Reveals 6 Simple Steps to Boost Your Gut Health

Dr Azeem says public awareness of gut health has grown sharply in…
  • Internewscast
  • August 18, 2026
Crosstown Classic Score: Cubs-White Sox Thriller Ends 7-5 as Chicago Eyes World Series Hopes - Internewscast Journal
  • US

Crosstown Classic Score: Cubs-White Sox Thriller Ends 7-5 as Chicago Eyes World Series Hopes

CHICAGO () — The Chicago White Sox and Chicago Cubs met Monday…
  • Internewscast
  • August 18, 2026

Internewscast Journal

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • DMCA Notice
  • Terms and Conditions
  • Guest Post
  • Support Our Cause
Copyright 2026. All Right Reserverd.