Share this @internewscast.com
Independent federal Member of Parliament Bob Katter threatened physical violence towards a journalist after being questioned about his ancestral background, in light of upcoming pro-Australia demonstrations scheduled nationwide.
During a tense exchange in Brisbane on Thursday, 80-year-old Katter aggressively confronted a television reporter, raising his fist when the reporter inquired about his family’s Lebanese descent.

Bob Katter, recognized as the longest-serving MP in federal parliament, displayed anger when his Lebanese roots were brought up by Nine Network journalist Josh Bavas.

His grandfather Carl Robert Katter immigrated from Lebanon to Australia in 1898.
“Don’t say that, because that irritates me, and I punch blokes in the mouth for saying that,” Katter yelled, cutting off the reporter’s question.
“I am Australian. My family have been here since the dawn of time.”

He then approached Bavas threateningly, raising his fist as the reporter attempted to get Katter’s opinion on newcomers to Australia who arrive with “good values”.

“You’re a racist,” the veteran MP said, holding his fist close to the reporter’s face.
“You cannot say what you just said without being identified as a racist.
“Gentlemen, ladies, this man is a racist. Don’t listen to him.”
Bavas stood his ground, taking Katter to task about the confrontation.

“It isn’t appropriate to raise a fist to a journalist even before they complete their question – I find it very disrespectful to threaten a journalist,” he said.

Katter to be ‘front and centre’ at March for Australia rally

The MP for the Queensland seat of Kennedy had earlier claimed at the Katter’s Australian Party press conference that he would be “front and centre” at the rally in Brisbane on Sunday.
The rallies have sparked safety fears for multi-cultural communities amid fears they may be targeted.

The rally in Brisbane will be held on the final weekend of the state’s Multicultural Month.

Katter claimed migrants who mostly move to Melbourne and Sydney were not embracing Australian culture.
“I don’t care whether you’re born here or not, if you have anti-Australian sentiments then get the hell out of my country,” he said.

Organisers have been linked with white nationalist ideas but they have distanced themselves from far-right groups.

Nine Network, Katter demand apology

Bavas later said he was trying to ask about the value migrant Australian families “including the Katters and my own” bring to the nation before he was cut off.

“In my near 20 years in journalism I’ve never experienced that kind of reaction from an elected representative,” he said in a joint statement.

Nine Network stood by Bavas, demanding Katter apologise for his “unacceptable” behaviour.
“His baseless and offensive accusation of racism is an irresponsible attempt to shut down a legitimate line of questioning,” Nine Network’s Fiona Dear said in the statement.
Katter also demanded an apology, publishing a Facebook post later in the day in which he said: “To be seen as anything other than Australian is highly insulting to me”.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

UN Unveils Disturbing Evidence: Genocidal Atrocities Surface in Sudan

In brief The mission warned that “urgent protection of civilians is needed,…

Remembering Anna dePeyster: Life and Legacy of Rupert Murdoch’s Former Wife at 81

In brief Anna dePeyster, the former wife of media mogul Rupert Murdoch,…

Former Prince Andrew Released from Police Custody Following Arrest

In Brief Former prince Andrew was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in…
Blood test pathologist blood sample

Revolutionary Blood Test Offers Insight into Alzheimer’s Onset Timing

A new blood test could be able to clock when someone may…
'No justice': Hit-run victim's family slam punishment

Outrage Over Lenient Sentence: Hit-and-Run Victim’s Family Demands Justice

WARNING: This article contains the names of deceased Indigenous people. The family…
rugby league Pixs taken at Telstra stadium at the match between CANTERBURY BULLDOGS and NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS. Pic shows..MATT UTAI SCORES Pixs

Charges Filed Against Suspected Gunmen in Former NRL Player Shooting Incident

Police have charged two people, including a 15-year-old, as the alleged gunmen…
Gallipoli Barracks, Brisbane

Shocking Incident at Brisbane Military Base: Woman Arrested for Stabbing Man

A crime scene has been declared at Gallipoli Barracks after a man…
Jayden Ansara had to act quick when his mother collapsed after having a brain aneurysm.

Young Boy Honored with Bravery Award for Heroic Act in Saving Mother’s Life

A nine-year-old boy who helped save his mother’s life by calling Triple…
Six orcas were filmed viciously killing a great white shark off South Australia's Neptune Islands in 2015.

Groundbreaking Study Reveals True Reasons Behind Shark Exodus from Australian Islands

After six orcas were filmed viciously killing a great white shark off…
Someone holding a handful of Australian cash.

Massive Cash Boost: Over 5 Million Australians Set to Benefit Soon!

More than five million Australians receiving social security payments, half of whom…
Victims were led to believe they were purchasing cryptocurrency, shares, or other legitimate investment products.

Sydney Man Exposed: The $5 Million Scam That Shocked Australia

Elderly and vulnerable victims were usually contacted on social media and encouraged…
The death of Ruben Ray Martinez, 23, would mark the earliest of at least six deadly shootings by federal officers since the start of a nationwide immigration crackdown in President Donald Trump's second term.

Shocking Incident: Texas Man Fatally Shot by Federal Immigration Agent – Uncover the Full Story

Newly released records show a US citizen was shot and killed in…