Share this @internewscast.com
Flour and other essential food supplies are set to reach some of the most vulnerable people in Gaza, following Israel’s decision to allow a limited number of humanitarian aid trucks to enter. However, according to Palestinian officials, this is far from sufficient to address the severe shortages resulting from an 11-week blockade.
Israel implemented the blockade in March, alleging that Hamas was diverting these supplies for its militants — a claim that Hamas denies.

The United Nations reported that a quarter of Gaza’s 2.3 million residents were facing the risk of famine.

Parcels stacked on a pallett near a truck.

Around ninety trucks carrying aid have entered Gaza through the Kerem Shalom crossing. Source: Getty / Amir Levy

“Some bakeries will begin receiving flour to produce bread, and we expect the distribution of bread to begin later today,” Amjad al-Shawa, director of the Palestinian Non-Governmental Organizations Network in Gaza, told the Reuters news agency.

He said just 90 trucks had entered.

“During the ceasefire, 600 trucks used to enter every day, which means that the current quantity is a drop in the ocean, nothing,” he said.

Bread being produced.

Workers are producing bread for distribution at the World Food Programme (WFP) bakery after a small amount of flour was allowed into the Gaza Strip. Source: Getty / Anadolu

Bakeries backed by the UN’s World Food Programme would produce the bread and the agency’s staff would hand it out — a more controlled system than previously when bakers sold it directly to the public at a low cost, he added.

“The idea is to try and reach the most needy families, those who are desperate, as it is just the start,” Shawa said.
Palestinian health minister Majed Abu Ramadan said on Thursday that 29 children had died from “starvation-related deaths” in Gaza in recent days and that many more were at risk.

Palestinians have been scrambling for basic supplies, with Israel’s blockade leading to critical food and medicine shortages.

Umm Talal al-Masri, 53, a displaced Palestinian in Gaza City, described the situation as “unbearable”.
“No one is distributing anything to us. Everyone is waiting for aid, but we haven’t received anything,” she said.
“We barely manage to prepare one meal a day.”

UN agencies have said that the amount of aid entering Gaza falls far short of what is required to ease the crisis.

“I am tormented for my children,” Hossam Abu Aida, another resident of the Gaza Strip, told AFP.

“For them, I fear hunger and disease more than I do Israeli bombardment,” the 38-year-old added.

Israel orders evacuation of parts of northern Gaza

The Israeli army issued an evacuation warning on Thursday for 14 neighbourhoods of northern Gaza, as it pressed a renewed offensive that has drawn international condemnation.

In a statement released in Arabic on Thursday, the military claimed it was “operating with intense force” in 14 locations in the northern Gaza Strip, accusing “terrorist organizations” of being active there.

Palestinians inspect a destroyed building.

Israeli strikes have continued along the Gaza Strip. Source: AAP / Mohammed Saber/EPA

As the first aid arrived since the blockade, Israeli military strikes on Gaza killed at least 52 Palestinians across the enclave on Thursday, Gaza’s civil defence agency said.

There was no immediate comment from the Israeli military on the reports.
It has repeatedly said it seeks to avoid civilian casualties and targets militants.

In Beit Lahiya on the northern edge of the enclave, a tank shell hit a medicine warehouse inside Al-Awda Hospital and set it ablaze, the health ministry said.

Rescue workers had been trying to extinguish the fires for hours, it added.
Tanks are stationed outside the hospital, medics say, effectively blocking access to the facility.
The Gaza healthcare system has been barely functioning, with most of the medical facilities out of order, because of repeated Israeli military strikes, raids and the ban on the entry of medical supplies.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Wednesday that Israel would be open to a temporary ceasefire to enable the return of hostages taken by Hamas-led fighters.

But if they were not returned, he said it would press ahead with a military campaign to gain total control of Gaza.

“Netanyahu continues to stall and insist on pursuing the war. There is no value to any agreement that doesn’t stop the massacres in Gaza permanently,” senior Hamas official Sami Ab Zuhri said in response to Netanyahu’s comments.
Israel launched its campaign in Gaza in response to the Hamas attack in October 2023, in which some 1,200 people were killed and more than 250 taken hostage, according to Israeli tallies.
Israel’s campaign has since killed more than 53,600 Palestinians, according to Gaza health authorities, and devastated the coastal strip, where aid groups say signs of severe malnutrition are widespread.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
A man wades through a flooded road carrying a cat in Colombo, Sri Lanka, Saturday, Nov, 29, 2025. (AP Photo/Eranga Jayawardena)

Devastating Sri Lanka Floods: Death Toll Climbs to 132 Amidst Mudslide Havoc

The death toll in Sri Lanka from Cyclone Ditwah’s devastating floods and…

Devastating Southeast Asia Floods Claim Over 600 Lives: Ongoing Relief Efforts Struggle to Cope

More than 600 people have been killed in floods and landslides across…
Nicole Kidman 's views on marriage have been revealed in a resurfaced interview. Kidman filed for divorce from her second husband, Keith Urban, 58, in September, citing irreconcilable differences. Pictured together

Resurfaced Interview Reveals Nicole Kidman’s Emotional Insights on Divorce Amid Keith Urban Separation Rumors

Insights into Nicole Kidman’s perspective on marriage have come to light through…

Trump Shuts Down Venezuelan Airspace Amid Rising Tensions: What It Means for Global Relations

US President Donald Trump has warned that the airspace above and near…
Rugby league great Nathan Wood (right) has opened up on being diagnosed with Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE)

Football Star Courageously Shares Diagnosis of Severe Brain Disease with His Mother; Her Reaction is Profound

Former NRL athlete Nat Wood has courageously shared his struggle with thoughts…
Jetstar

Jetstar Passengers Face New Delays Amid Urgent Airbus Repairs

Thousands of Airbus aircraft are currently grounded due to a major recall,…
The huge fireball reached up to 150 metres in height. It occurred after an industrial fire in North St Marys in Western Sydney.

Massive Industrial Inferno Rages in Western Sydney: Firefighters Brace for Days-Long Battle

In Sydney’s western region, an intense factory blaze saw around 200 firefighters…

Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon Tie the Knot in Heartwarming Ceremony at The Lodge

Anthony Albanese has tied the knot with his fiancée Jodie Haydon at…
An aerial view of the burnt buildings after a deadly fire at Wang Fuk Court, a residential estate in the Tai Po district of Hong Kong's New Territories,

Investigation Launched into Corruption and Negligence Behind Hong Kong’s Most Devastating Fire in Decades

The tragic fire in Hong Kong, marking the deadliest in decades, has…
Dozens arrested in Port of Newcastle climate change protest

Mass Arrests at Port of Newcastle as Climate Activists Rally for Change

In a bold display of civil disobedience, climate change activists have once…

Southeast Asia Floods Claim Over 400 Lives as Recovery Efforts Commence

The death toll from devastating floods and landslides in Southeast Asia climbed…
Hanson addresses immigration rally in Melbourne

Breaking News: Hanson Speaks Out at Melbourne Rally – Unveiling Her Stance on Immigration

Pauline Hanson, the leader of One Nation, recently led an anti-immigration protest,…