Diddy trial verdict: Family of Sean Combs celebrates after being acquitted of racketeering conspiracy, sex trafficking charges
Share this @internewscast.com

NEW YORK CITY — The family of Sean “Diddy” Combs celebrated on the streets of New York City on Wednesday following a split verdict that cleared the music mogul of the most serious charges.

Combs was found guilty of transporting people across state lines for prostitution, but the jury acquitted him of racketeering conspiracy and sex trafficking charges linked to allegations of forcing girlfriends into numerous drug-fueled sex marathons with other men. His attorneys argued the women were consensual participants.

Outside the courthouse, Combs’ son Christian Combs said, “We’re so happy — Pops is coming home.”

As Sean Combs’ mother, Janice Combs, left the courtroom, she told ABC News her heart was fluttering as the verdict was read.

Anthony Carlo reports from Lower Manhattan.

Combs’ supporters cheered with delight when he was acquitted of sex trafficking related to his ex-girlfriend, Cassie Ventura.

Combs was notably happy when he was found not guilty of sex trafficking in connection with his ex-girlfriend who testified under the pseudonym “Jane,” lifting his fist and tightly gripping the hand of his attorney, Teny Geragos.

Darla Miles reports from Lower Manhattan.

When a prosecutor argued to the judge that Combs should stay in custody, Janice Combs wrapped her hand around her grandson Christian’s neck.

When the judge said he thought Combs didn’t want to return to the Metropolitan Detention Center, Combs comically shook his head no and put up prayer hands, prompting the gallery to break out in laughter.

To his seven children, Combs is known as dad. To the rest of the world, he’s a hip-hop mogul and multi-millionaire who now faces the possibility of spending years behind bars.

He’ll be sentenced at a later date, but a bail hearing on Wednesday evening will determine if Combs will be released from prison until then.

The attorney for Cassie Ventura said his client “paved the way” for Wednesday’s charges.

She testified for days, giving graphic details about bouts of violence and hotel “freak offs” involving sex with escorts at Combs’ direction, but after a seven-week trial, a jury of 12 men and women, found the Harlem-born rapper not guilty of the most serious charges against him.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office released a statement that reads in part: “Sex crimes deeply scar victims, and the disturbing reality is that sex crimes are all too present in many aspects of our society. Victims endure gut-wrenching physical and mental abuse, leading to lasting trauma. New Yorkers and all Americans want this scourge stopped and perpetrators brought to justice.”

Kemberly Richardson has more details on Combs’ reaction to the verdict and what’s next for the mogul.

ABC News contributed to this report.

Copyright © 2025 WABC-TV. All Rights Reserved.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Multiple victims with gunshot wounds at Valley Fair Mall in California on Black Friday: police

Gunfire Erupts at California’s Valley Fair Mall on Black Friday, Police Report Multiple Injuries

A shooting at Westfield Valley Fair Mall in San Jose, California, has…
American tourist found stabbed to death in Tobago

American Tourist Tragically Discovered Fatally Stabbed in Tobago

Local authorities have reported the death of an American man found with…
Maduro brandishes sword at rally as he rails against 'imperialist aggression' amid rising tensions with US

Maduro’s Fiery Rally: Sword-Wielding Protest Against U.S. ‘Imperialist Aggression

Earlier this week in Caracas, Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro delivered a bold…
Cheerleader who died aboard Carnival cruise ship cremated, death certificate reveals

Tragic Cruise Incident: Cheerleader’s Brave Battle Sparks Federal Investigation into Stepbrother

The tragic death of 18-year-old Anna Kepner aboard a Carnival Cruise ship…
Illinois man charged with arson after allegedly setting home ablaze on Thanksgiving

Illinois Resident Accused of Thanksgiving Day House Fire

In a shocking Thanksgiving incident, an Illinois man found himself behind bars…
Pope Leo joins Eastern and Western patriarchs in Turkey to pray for Christian unity

Pope Leo Unites with Eastern and Western Church Leaders in Turkey for Historic Prayer Gathering

Pope Leo XIV joined Eastern and Western patriarchs and priests on Friday…
How to control your cravings this holiday season: Simple strategies to help you stay on track

Effective Strategies to Manage Holiday Cravings and Maintain Your Goals

LOS ANGELES (KABC) — As the holiday season approaches, many are looking…
Pro-Palestinian agitators storm popular fashion store in Manhattan on Black Friday, 4 arrested: NYPD

Black Friday Chaos: Pro-Palestinian Protesters Clash at Iconic Manhattan Fashion Store

The New York City Police Department (NYPD) reported the arrest of at…
Northwestern to pay $75M in federal civil-rights deal after antisemitism probes

Northwestern University Agrees to $75 Million Settlement in Federal Civil Rights Case Following Antisemitism Investigations

The Trump administration has unveiled a significant federal civil-rights settlement with Northwestern…
Man arrested after allegedly attempting to kidnap two 12-year-old girls in Glynn County

Attempted Kidnapping in Glynn County: Man Arrested for Allegedly Targeting Two 12-Year-Old Girls

A 21-year-old man, Evert Luna, has been taken into custody by Glynn…
Mike Brown: Knicks’ Jalen Brunson belongs in MVP conversation

NBA Insight: Mike Brown Advocates for Jalen Brunson’s Spot in MVP Race with New York Knicks

New York Knicks head coach Mike Brown is championing his star point…
'Jailhouse Karen' Bryan Kohberger complains about prison bananas after quadruple murder conviction: report

Convicted Murderer Bryan Kohberger Criticizes Prison Bananas Following Quadruple Homicide Verdict: Report

A convicted murderer, Bryan Kohberger, has recently made headlines for reportedly expressing…