Share this @internewscast.com
Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has used some of his strongest language to condemn Israel’s blockade of food into Gaza and its “excuses” as being “without credibility”.
Israel is letting a trickle of humanitarian aid into Gaza after a nearly three-month blockade that strained food and medical supplies.
More than two million people in the strip face starvation and famine, the United Nations has warned.
Albanese branded Israel’s actions “completely unacceptable” and said he raised the issue with Israel’s president Isaac Herzog when they met on the sidelines of the pope’s inauguration in Rome.

“I clearly communicated that Australia considers these actions to be entirely unacceptable, and we find Israel’s justifications to be indefensible and lacking credibility,” he stated to reporters in Canberra on Monday.

“It’s outrageous that there’d be a blockade of food and supplies to people who are in need in Gaza.
“People are starving and the idea that a democratic state withholds supply is an outrage.”
Albanese reiterated Australia’s support for a ceasefire and for designated terrorist organisation Hamas to return Israeli hostages.
“We consistently and unequivocally oppose what happened on October 7, but states, which are democratic states, have a responsibility to behave in a way that is consistent with international law and with humanitarian concerns,” he said.

“The whole world is concerned about what has occurred with the blockade.”

Australians are against Gaza aid blockade, survey shows

Australians are largely in step with the prime minister, with about four in five people saying Israel’s deliberate hindrance of humanitarian aid isn’t justifiable, according to YouGov polling commissioned by a number of not-for-profit organisations.
Two-thirds of respondents said Australia should do more to support civilians in Gaza who cannot access food, water or medicine, the survey of 1,500 people found.

Support was highest amongst Labor voters for both statements.

Food aid trickles into Gaza image
Some 9,000 trucks are waiting to enter Gaza, Oxfam Australia’s acting chief executive Chrisanta Muli said.
“The small amount we’ve seen so far enter Gaza represents a trickle of water into an ocean of need,” Muli said.
“Australians want our government to take a stronger stance to halt the devastating destruction of Gaza and its people.
“They are clearly saying: ‘the current status quo is unacceptable’.”

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

From Dough to Dream Home: Pizza Chefs Overcome Challenges to Buy First House

Every day at Boss Pizzeria, a bustling Italian eatery in Melbourne’s eastern…
The ute reversed before ramming into the gates of the Brisbane Synagogue, with the incident being captured on CCTV.

Police Clarify Synagogue Gate Ramming Incident: No Terrorism Involved, Investigation Ongoing

Authorities have clarified that last night’s incident involving a vehicle crashing into…
Gallipoli Barracks, Brisbane

Shocking Incident at Brisbane Military Base: Woman Arrested for Stabbing Man

A crime scene has been declared at Gallipoli Barracks after a man…
Blood test pathologist blood sample

Revolutionary Blood Test Offers Insight into Alzheimer’s Onset Timing

A new blood test could be able to clock when someone may…
rugby league Pixs taken at Telstra stadium at the match between CANTERBURY BULLDOGS and NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS. Pic shows..MATT UTAI SCORES Pixs

Charges Filed Against Suspected Gunmen in Former NRL Player Shooting Incident

Police have charged two people, including a 15-year-old, as the alleged gunmen…

Breaking: US Supreme Court Overturns Trump’s Controversial Global Tariffs – What This Means for International Trade

Key Points In a 6-3 decision, the justices ruled that the law…
The death of Ruben Ray Martinez, 23, would mark the earliest of at least six deadly shootings by federal officers since the start of a nationwide immigration crackdown in President Donald Trump's second term.

Shocking Incident: Texas Man Fatally Shot by Federal Immigration Agent – Uncover the Full Story

Newly released records show a US citizen was shot and killed in…

Former Prince Andrew Released from Police Custody Following Arrest

In Brief Former prince Andrew was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in…
Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office

UK Government Weighs Historic Decision: Potential Removal of Former Prince from Royal Succession

Despite recent controversy, Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor remains the eighth person in line to…
Posties told to stop wearing uniforms amid reports they're getting sunburnt

Postal Workers Advised to Ditch Uniforms Due to Sunburn Concerns

Australia Post has advised its postal workers to refrain from wearing their…

UN Unveils Disturbing Evidence: Genocidal Atrocities Surface in Sudan

In brief The mission warned that “urgent protection of civilians is needed,…
Six orcas were filmed viciously killing a great white shark off South Australia's Neptune Islands in 2015.

Groundbreaking Study Reveals True Reasons Behind Shark Exodus from Australian Islands

After six orcas were filmed viciously killing a great white shark off…