Share this @internewscast.com
A coalition of 25 Western nations, including Australia, the UK, France, and Canada, have urged Israel to immediately cease its conflict in Gaza, condemning the “inhumane killing” of Palestinians, among them hundreds near food distribution points.
In a joint statement, the countries denounced the “piecemeal provision of aid” to Gaza and expressed horror at reports that more than 800 civilians had been killed while attempting to receive aid.
The majority of these fatalities occurred near Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF) facilities, supported by both the U.S. and Israel to assume control over aid from a United Nations-led network.
“The current aid delivery strategy by the Israeli government is perilous, inciting instability and stripping Gazans of their dignity,” the foreign ministers commented in a unified declaration.

“Civilians in Gaza are enduring unprecedented levels of suffering.”

The call by about 20 European countries, as well as Australia, New Zealand and Canada, for an end to the war in Gaza and the delivery of aid comes from many countries which are allied with Israel and its most important backer, the US.
Among those calling for an end to the war are four out of five countries in the so-called Five Eyes intelligence-sharing alliance, which includes the US.
Israel’s foreign ministry said the statement was “disconnected from reality” and it would send the wrong message to Hamas.

“This statement inadequately holds Hamas accountable and overlooks its role in the ongoing crisis,” the Israeli response elaborated.

People walking along a dirt road. Trucks carrying groups of people.

Save The Children estimates between 50,000 and 80,000 Palestinian people are sheltering in Deir al-Balah. Source: Getty / Dawoud Abo Alkas

Israeli foreign minister Gideon Sa’ar later said he spoke with his British counterpart David Lammy on regional issues, including Gaza. He blamed Hamas “for the suffering of the population and the continuation of the war”.

The U.S. ambassador to Israel, Mike Huckabee, labeled the statement “repugnant,” asserting that attributing blame to Israel was “illogical” as Hamas dismisses every ceasefire initiative.

Israel expands war

Much of Gaza has been reduced to a wasteland during more than 21 months of the conflict that escalated when Hamas-led militants stormed into Israel on 7 October 2023, killing 1,200 people and taking 251 hostages back to Gaza, according to Israeli tallies.
Israel’s campaign in Gaza has killed more than 59,000 Palestinians, according to Gaza health authorities, with the latest deaths reported on Monday as Israel began a new incursion in central Gaza.
The GHF uses private US security and logistics companies to get supplies into Gaza, largely bypassing the UN-led system that Israel alleges has let Hamas-led militants loot aid shipments intended for civilians.

Hamas denies the accusation.

The UN has called the GHF’s model unsafe and a breach of humanitarian impartiality standards, which the GHF denies.
The countries behind the statement said Israel was denying essential humanitarian assistance and called on the country to comply with its obligations under international humanitarian law.
They urged Israel to immediately lift restrictions to allow the flow of aid and to enable humanitarian organisations and the UN to operate safely and effectively.
They said they were “prepared to take further action to support an immediate ceasefire and a political pathway to security and peace” for Israelis and Palestinians.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Jayden Ansara had to act quick when his mother collapsed after having a brain aneurysm.

Young Boy Honored with Bravery Award for Heroic Act in Saving Mother’s Life

A nine-year-old boy who helped save his mother’s life by calling Triple…

Is Trump Challenging the Global Rules-Based Order? Understanding the Implications

German Chancellor Friedrich Merz recently joined a growing number of world leaders…
Chris Baghsarian has been missing for more than a week.

Police Intensify Investigation into Burnt-Out Car in Urgent Search for Missing Grandfather

Police believe a car torched in Sydney‘s west earlier this week is…

Donald Trump Elevates Global Tariffs to 15% Maximum, Marking Temporary Increase

In a surprising twist, President Donald Trump announced his decision to increase…
More than 1500 alkaloid poppy plant heads were stolen from the Ballarat farm recently.

Urgent Health Alert Issued Following Theft of 1,700 Toxic Poppy Plants from Confidential Farm Location

Health authorities are raising the alarm after around 1700 toxic poppy plants…

ASIO: No Passport Bans for Women Allegedly Linked to IS, Confirms Burke

Australian authorities are grappling with the dilemma of whether to allow the…

From Pilot to Disgraced Figure: The Transformation of Former Prince Andrew

In Brief Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on Thursday after police previously said…
Melonie Mckay was run over in her own driveway after allegedly getting into an argument with her neighbour.

Grandmother’s Tragic Death: Man Faces Murder Charges in Alleged Hit-and-Run

A man has been charged with murder after allegedly running over his…

Police Sergeant Faces Double Drink-Driving Allegations in Single Day

An off-duty police officer has been charged after allegedly being caught drink…
NSW farmer and butcher Bianca Tarrant said the tariffs had a flow-on effect for producers.

Aussie Farmers Brace for Impact: US Tariff Shifts Spark Concerns Down Under

Farmers and producers across Australia are on edge after Donald Trump said…
U.S. Army soldiers exit a Black Hawk at the Truckee Tahoe Airport in Truckee, Calif., Saturday, Feb. 21, 2026, after aiding in recovery efforts for a group of skiers who went missing during a deadly avalanche. (AP Photo/Godofredo A. Vásquez)

Tragic Discovery: Bodies of 9 Backcountry Skiers Recovered After California Avalanche

Nine backcountry skiers tragically lost their lives in an avalanche near California’s…
Wellington Phoenix goalie Josh Oluwayemi (bottom right) has gone viral after he made a mind-boggling mistake in his side's 5-0 loss to Auckland on Saturday

Aussie Footballer’s Unforgettable Mistake Sparks Coach’s Sudden Resignation

Footballer Josh Oluwayemi has captured attention for a blunder that contributed significantly…