Share this @internewscast.com

The long-running manhunt for alleged double police murderer Dezi Freeman has turned its attention to an area about 100km away from where he was last seen.
The 56-year-old fled into dense bushland from the mountainous town about 300km northeast of Melbourne.
There have been no confirmed sightings of Freeman, with hundreds of police searching Porepunkah, surrounds and remote bushland to no avail.

On Wednesday, police confirmed they were operating in the Benalla region, located approximately 100km west of Porepunkah, as part of a “planned operation”.

“There is no immediate risk to community safety,” it said in a statement.
“This forms part of the ongoing investigation in the Porepunkah area in the search for Desmond Freeman.”
Police zeroed in on a property at Goomalibee, northwest of Benalla, linked to a known associate of Freeman, Seven News reports.
A vehicle was also stopped by heavily armed police near Shepparton, with one person removed.

It is understood that Freeman has not been located, and the police have not provided additional information regarding the nature of the operational activities.

The operation comes after the force confirmed the search had been scaled back, with police numbers falling from more than 400 to about 200.
Officers, including specialist teams from interstate and abroad, have searched more than 40 square kilometres of land by foot and air in the hunt for Freeman.
Police have received 1,400 pieces of information from the public and daily offers of resource support from commissioners around Australia and New Zealand.
Chief commissioner Mike Bush conceded the search was becoming more challenging as time wore on but said authorities remained determined.
“We will not give up until we find that person,” Bush told reporters on Monday.
“This has really damaged our police service and the community and we are determined to bring this matter to a conclusion.”
Mount Buffalo National Park remains closed but visitors have been allowed to return to Porepunkah.
People in the area have been advised to remain vigilant and not approach Freeman, who is considered armed and dangerous, if they spot him.
Victoria Police have offered a $1 million reward and the possibility of indemnity for information leading to his capture, the largest financial offer in the state’s history for facilitating an arrest.
Freeman’s wife Mali and a 15-year-old boy were previously arrested and released without charge.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Tragic Floods in Southeast Asia Claim Over 250 Lives

Days of devastating flooding across Southeast Asia have killed more than 250…
Remembering Virginia Giuffre: The woman who helped bring down Jeffery Epstein

Virginia Giuffre’s Modest Estate Details Emerge Amid Ongoing Court Battle

A legal dispute concerning the estate of Virginia Giuffre, known for accusing…

Ukrainian Political Shake-Up: Zelenskyy’s Top Aide Resigns Following Anti-Corruption Raid

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s powerful chief of staff Andriy Yermak, a close ally…
Lucas died after a stabbing in Sydney's Rouse Hill.

Family of Fatally Stabbed Teen Remembers Him as a ‘Loyal Young Man

The parents of a Sydney teenager who tragically lost his life in…
Thousands swelter without power as mercury soars again across south-east Queensland

Scorching Heatwave Leaves Southeast Queensland Powerless: Thousands Struggle in Rising Temperatures

Almost 3000 homes and businesses were without power in south-east Queensland yesterday…
Final search for Hong Kong fire survivors as apartment tower blaze death toll climbs

Last Efforts Underway to Find Survivors in Hong Kong Apartment Fire as Fatalities Rise

Firefighters in Hong Kong are meticulously combing through a high-rise residential complex,…

Trump Challenges Biden’s Autopen Executive Orders: A New Political Showdown Unfolds

In a recent statement, former President Donald Trump announced his intention to…
Lukas Schindler from Switzerland crossing the finish line at the Sydney marathon.

Heroic Swiss Tourist Identified After Bravely Attempting to Save Girlfriend from Shark Attack

A Swiss tourist who bravely attempted to ward off a shark during…
Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy is under pressure from the US to take an unfavourable peace deal with Russia.

Top Aide to Zelenskyy Steps Down Following Anti-Corruption Probe at Residence

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy announced Friday the resignation of his powerful chief…
Neuroblastoma is a deadly cancer that can affect children as young as two-years-old. A new study by the Garvan Institute may have found a drug that can help cure it.

Potential Breakthrough Drug Surfaces for Treating Deadly Childhood Cancer

A medication, already approved for cancer treatment, might now offer a new…
Matildas defender Ellie Carpenter embraces Winonah Heatley during their match against New Zealand

Matildas’ Emotional Tribute: Star Player’s Hidden Heartbreak Revealed in Thrilling New Zealand Match

Winonah Heatley, a standout player for the Matildas, joined her team amidst…

Iran Accuses Australia of Collusion with Israel Over IRGC Terror Designation: A Diplomatic Clash Unfolds

Iran has expressed “disgust” at Australia’s formal designation of the Islamic Revolutionary…