Kim Jong Un and his daughter attending the launch ceremony of a North Korean destroyer.
Share this @internewscast.com

TYRANT Kim Jong-un has reportedly relaunched his 5,000-tonne colossal warship – after it spectacularly capsized during its first launch last month.

The leader of North Korea observed the triumphant first journey of his new destroyer, following an embarrassing mishap last month where the ship tipped over.

Kim Jong Un and his daughter attending the launch ceremony of a North Korean destroyer.
Kim Jong-un, pictured with his daughter Kim Ju Ae (L), relaunched his huge warship which capsized last monthCredit: EPA
Confetti and a North Korean flag balloon at a warship launching ceremony.
The successful launch was witnessed by Kim at Rajin PortCredit: Reuters
Photo of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un and his daughter at the launch ceremony of a destroyer.
The huge 5,000 ton warship half-sunk into the water in MayCredit: EPA

Earlier satellite images showed the large warship, called Kang Kon, leaning sideways, with its rear partly submerged and its front resting on the dock.

Furious Kim deemed to find and punish those found responsible for the embarrassing fail.

He slammed the “criminal act” caused by “absolute carelessness” in a rare admission of failure – and arrested four officials.

But state media have now claimed that the intimidating warship has finally been restored.

Experts have questioned whether the boat’s repairs are actually sufficient, given the reported speedy turnaround.

Kim and his daughter, Kim Ju Ae, are understood to have witnessed the triumphant launch at Rajin Port in the north of the country, according to KCNA.

Images showed the smiling despot wearing a thin summer hat as he walked cheerfully in front of clapping navy officers.

It comes after the half-sunk was seen being hauled upright using giant balloons after it capsized.

North Korea’s state broadcaster also reported that sections of the hull had been crushed.

The highly-secretive authorities appeared to have tried to hide the disaster by placing blue tarpaulin across the wreck.

North Korea’s half-sunk warship hauled UPRIGHT with giant balloons as cause of disaster that humiliated Kim is revealed

Pictures from May 29 showed workers standing on the quay pulling ropes attached to the boat.

And at least 30 balloons appeared to have been connected along one side – presumably to haul it upright.

On launch day, crews had attempted to slide the ship sideways into the water.

A malfunction meant that the stern entered while the bow remained on the launch gear.

It is likely that the launch mechanism snagged the bow, preventing it from plopping into the sea, reports 38north.

This theory is supported by satellite imagery from May 29, which seems to show damage to the bow.

Seething Kim demanded that the repairs be completed by the end of June – and it now appears that engineers have managed to do this in time.

Satellite image of a damaged Choe Hyun-class destroyer being repaired.
Around 30 large balloons can be seen attached to the boat along with ropesCredit: Pleiades NEO/ Airbus DS
Kim Jong Un and his daughter boarding a North Korean destroyer.
Kim Jong Un (C) and daughter Ju Ae (center L) boarding the destroyerCredit: AFP
Illustration of Kim Jong-un and his new warship, a destroyer.

The dictator was fuming in the wake of the embarrassment, and said it brought shame on the country.

Four people have been arrested so far, including chief engineer Kang Jong Chol, hull workshop head Han Kyong Hak, and deputy manager Kim Yong Hak.

It’s unclear what punishment they will face, though an expert told The Sun their fates could be fatal.

Michael Madden, who established North Korea Leadership Watch, remarked, “Certain individuals will likely face expulsion from the party and serve brief prison sentences.”

But, more alarmingly, he claimed “some people are going to be shot to death behind this”.

Satellite image of a damaged North Korean warship in a harbor.
A view of the warship before its failed launchCredit: AFP
Satellite image of a Choe Hyun Class destroyer.
The boat after being restored to an upright positionCredit: Pleiades NEO/ Airbus DS
Kim Jong Un on a North Korean destroyer with uniformed sailors.
Kim boarding the destroyer ‘Kang Kon’ at the Rajin shipyardCredit: AFP

The launch failure marked a huge setback for Kim, who has been modernizing his navy to keep up with the West.

The huge Kang Kon naval destroyer is believed to be the same class as the Choe Hyon – North Korea’s largest warship yet.

North Korea’s state media – which also serves as Kim’s leading propaganda machine – reported that the vessel was equipped with the “most powerful weapons”.

Now it is seemingly upright and operational, the destroyer will surpass the current largest vessel in North Korea, a 1,360-tonne frigate.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Luigi Mangione gains prominence at federal jail where guards like him and inmates dub him 'ambassador': report

DOJ Pushes for Death Penalty Option in Luigi Mangione Assassination Case

The Justice Department is taking a firm stance against the arguments presented…
Netanyahu requests pardon from Israeli president, after Trump letter urging clemency

Netanyahu Seeks Presidential Pardon Following Trump’s Clemency Appeal: A Political Twist in Israel

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has reached out to President Isaac Herzog…
Rubio, Witkoff meet with Ukrainian officials in push to finalize deal after Zelenskyy's top negotiator resigns

Rubio and Witkoff Engage with Ukrainian Officials to Conclude Deal Following Resignation of Zelenskyy’s Chief Negotiator

In a significant diplomatic push, Secretary of State Marco Rubio, U.S. Special…
JoJo Siwa reveals painful health scare before Black Friday performance

JoJo Siwa Opens Up About Health Scare Ahead of Anticipated Black Friday Concert

JoJo Siwa recently revealed that a ruptured ovarian cyst led to an…
Parolee with lengthy criminal history identified in deadly crash that killed Colorado father, 3 children

Parolee with Extensive Criminal Record Involved in Fatal Colorado Crash, Claiming Lives of Father and Three Children

Authorities have identified the victims of a devastating car crash in Colorado…
Asking Eric: Husband does housework while wife plays online games

Role Reversal: How One Husband’s Chores Empower His Wife’s Gaming Passion

Dear Eric, I am a 47-year-old man who has been married to…
Afghan National Freed Under Biden Program Arrested After TikTok Bomb Threat in Fort Worth

Controversial Release: Afghan National’s TikTok Bomb Threat Shakes Fort Worth After Biden Program Grant

An Afghan national, who entered the United States through President Biden’s Operation…
Oregon Gov. Threatens to Investigate Agents Enforcing Immigration Laws

Oregon Governor Considers Probe into Immigration Law Enforcement Practices

Oregon’s Governor Tina Kotek (D) has issued a warning that the state…
Conservative Gettysburg College group catches student on video tearing down promotional flyers

Student Caught on Camera: Controversial Flyer Removal Sparks Debate at Gettysburg College

A conservative campus group at a private college in Pennsylvania claims a…
Antifa agitation turns violent in Germany, bolstering Trump administration's foreign terror label

Escalating Antifa Protests in Germany Spark International Debate on Terror Classification

On Saturday, an extensive demonstration featuring activists from the radical group Antifa,…
Chinese cyberattack campaign likely impacted every American, former FBI official says

Massive Chinese Cyberattack Allegedly Affects Every American, Claims Ex-FBI Official

An alarming revelation from a former FBI official suggests that nearly every…
When does 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' air?

Catch the Magic: When and Where to Watch ‘Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer’ This Holiday Season

This holiday season, NBC is set to delight audiences with two airings…