Share this @internewscast.com
Israel has identified the latest hostage remains sent back from Gaza by Palestinian militants, leaving only five more bodies to be returned under the US-brokered truce that halted the two-year war.
The Israeli-Argentinian was 61 at the time of the bloody cross-border attack and one of five armed civilians killed while trying to defend his community, the Nir Yitzhak kibbutz.
His death was confirmed by Israeli authorities in May 2024 and his name was put on the list of 20 living and 28 dead former hostages that Hamas agreed to return under the terms of the October ceasefire.

The Hostages and Missing Families Forum, an advocacy group supporting Israeli families involved in the ongoing conflict, expressed relief at the return of Rudaeff.

“Lior’s return provides some measure of comfort to a family that has lived with agonising uncertainty and doubt for over two years,” it said. “We will not rest until the last hostage is brought home.”

Still, the bodies of five individuals are yet to be repatriated — among them, three Israelis, a Thai national abducted during the attacks on October 7, and Israeli officer Hadar Goldin, who perished in the 2014 Gaza conflict.

Zamir “reaffirmed his dedication, along with the IDF’s, to retrieving Hadar and all the fallen hostages,” the group stated.

Several Israeli networks, including Channel 12, cited Hamas sources in reporting that the group had recovered Goldin’s remains in a tunnel in a part of the southern city of Rafah under Israeli army control.
Hamas has issued no official comment.
Israel’s military chief lieutenant general Eyal Zamir met with Goldin’s family on Saturday and “updated them on the information known to the IDF so far”, the military said, without specifying what the information was.

Leah Goldin, the mother of Israeli soldier Lieutenant Hadar Goldin, holds a photograph of her son. Source: AFP / Jack Guez

A woman looks at a photo in a photo album which she is holding

During the initial phase of last month’s truce, Hamas swiftly released 20 surviving hostages, while Israel freed hundreds of Palestinian prisoners.

Gaza’s health ministry said that among the 300 bodies received, only 89 have been identified so far.
The 15 received on Saturday “had gunshot wounds … and signs suggesting injuries caused by explosions”, said Ahmed Dhair, head of a committee to receive the bodies.

Agence France-Presse footage showed medics at Nasser Medical Centre bringing the corpses in large white body bags.

Israeli settlers attack Palestinians, journalists at West Bank olive harvest, witnesses say

Israeli settlers attacked a group of Palestinian villagers, activists and journalists on Saturday who had gathered during an attempt to harvest olives near a settler outpost in the Israeli-occupied West Bank, witnesses said.
Two Reuters news agency employees — a journalist and a security adviser accompanying her — were among those injured in the attack by the men who wielded sticks and clubs and hurled large rocks, in an area close to the Palestinian village of Beita.
The area, lying south of the West Bank city of Nablus, has in past years been a flashpoint for settler attacks, which increased across the West Bank after the war in Gaza began two years ago. Such attacks have escalated during this year’s olive harvest, which began in October.

As the number of such attacks has climbed, Israeli and other activists have often joined Palestinians to support them and their right to harvest their olive groves, while also documenting any violence. Activists or local Palestinians often inform journalists of harvesting plans, so they can attend to report, particularly in flashpoint areas, such as outposts.

Settler outposts, which can include a collection of caravans or sturdier structures, do not have approval by the Israeli authorities. Palestinians and most nations regard any settlements as illegal under international law. Israel disputes this.
The Israel Defense Forces said they had dispatched soldiers to the scene after receiving what they described as reports of a confrontation.

Witnesses said they saw no Israeli soldiers at the scene.

Israeli settlers carried out at least 264 attacks in the West Bank against Palestinians in October, the biggest monthly total since UN officials began tracking such incidents in 2006, according to a UN report released on Friday.
Israeli rights groups say such incidents are rarely investigated by the Israeli authorities and perpetrators are rarely held to account.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Melburnians flocked to the newly opened Melbourne Metro Tunnel today.

Melbourne Metro Tunnel Opens After Years of Delays: Navigating Initial Challenges for Commuters

This morning marked the debut of Melbourne’s Metro Tunnel to commuters, although…
The huge fireball reached up to 150 metres in height. It occurred after an industrial fire in North St Marys in Western Sydney.

Massive Industrial Inferno Rages in Western Sydney: Firefighters Brace for Days-Long Battle

In Sydney’s western region, an intense factory blaze saw around 200 firefighters…
Nicole Kidman 's views on marriage have been revealed in a resurfaced interview. Kidman filed for divorce from her second husband, Keith Urban, 58, in September, citing irreconcilable differences. Pictured together

Resurfaced Interview Reveals Nicole Kidman’s Emotional Insights on Divorce Amid Keith Urban Separation Rumors

Insights into Nicole Kidman’s perspective on marriage have come to light through…
A man wades through a flooded road carrying a cat in Colombo, Sri Lanka, Saturday, Nov, 29, 2025. (AP Photo/Eranga Jayawardena)

Devastating Sri Lanka Floods: Death Toll Climbs to 132 Amidst Mudslide Havoc

The death toll in Sri Lanka from Cyclone Ditwah’s devastating floods and…

Australia Steps Up: Tackling Fiji’s HIV Crisis with Urgent Support

While Australia is considered to be on track to virtually eliminate HIV…
ChatGPT is about to get a lot hornier

Exciting Updates: ChatGPT Introduces More Engaging Features

ChatGPT is on the verge of undergoing a transformation that could make…

Government Stalled: Public Outcry as Critical Reforms Remain Unaddressed

The government is facing pressure to axe “dangerous” reforms to Australia’s freedom…

Trump Shuts Down Venezuelan Airspace Amid Rising Tensions: What It Means for Global Relations

US President Donald Trump has warned that the airspace above and near…

From Private Messages to Wedding Bells: The Rabbitohs Love Story Behind Australia’s ‘Royal Wedding

Like many modern relationships, it started with a slide into DMs on…
Rugby league great Nathan Wood (right) has opened up on being diagnosed with Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy (CTE)

Football Star Courageously Shares Diagnosis of Severe Brain Disease with His Mother; Her Reaction is Profound

Former NRL athlete Nat Wood has courageously shared his struggle with thoughts…

Southeast Asia Floods Claim Over 400 Lives as Recovery Efforts Commence

The death toll from devastating floods and landslides in Southeast Asia climbed…
An aerial view of the burnt buildings after a deadly fire at Wang Fuk Court, a residential estate in the Tai Po district of Hong Kong's New Territories,

Investigation Launched into Corruption and Negligence Behind Hong Kong’s Most Devastating Fire in Decades

The tragic fire in Hong Kong, marking the deadliest in decades, has…