Share this @internewscast.com
Hamas has handed over the body of another Israeli hostage, the militant group and Israeli military have confirmed.
It comes amid an ongoing dispute about the delay in the handover of the remains of hostages by Hamas.
Israel says it has received nine of 28 bodies held in Gaza, and Hamas, citing technical problems, said it needed heavy machinery and excavating equipment to speed up the process of locating bodies buried under rubble.

Israel has stated that Hamas is aware of the locations of the hostages’ bodies and warned that time was running out for the group to act.

Hamas has said it remains committed to the ceasefire agreement and to handing over the bodies of all remaining hostages.
In a statement on Friday, Hamas’s armed wing said a new body had been recovered and would be released at 11pm local time.

The Israeli military confirmed that the transfer of the bodies took place at approximately 1 a.m. local time (9 a.m. Saturday AEDT).

“Will Israel use Hamas’s inability to retrieve bodies from beneath the rubble as a reason to disrupt the ceasefire? This issue is causing concern within the international community,” a source stated.

The issue has cast a shadow over the ceasefire agreement — the first phase of US President Donald Trump’s 20-point plan to end the war.
At a news conference in Ankara, Turkish foreign minister Hakan Fidan said Israel’s statements were worrying.

On Friday, teams from the Red Cross and Palestinian rescue workers were engaged in efforts to recover the bodies of Israeli hostages in Khan Younis, Gaza. Source: Anadolu, Getty / Hani Alshaer

An excavator digs up dirt among rubble and as a crowd of Palestinians watch on

Earlier on Friday, Hamas urged mediators to facilitate the next phases of the ceasefire agreement. These include reopening the border, allowing aid to enter, initiating reconstruction, establishing an administration, and ensuring Israel’s withdrawal is completed.

The 20 living hostages taken with others in the October 7 attack on Israel were returned from Gaza earlier this week.
Israel on Thursday said it was preparing for the reopening of Gaza’s Rafah crossing with Egypt to allow Palestinians to move in and out, but gave no date as it traded blame with Hamas over violations of the ceasefire.
Other unresolved elements of the plan include the disarmament of militants and Gaza’s future governance.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Lukas Schindler from Switzerland crossing the finish line at the Sydney marathon.

Heroic Swiss Tourist Identified After Bravely Attempting to Save Girlfriend from Shark Attack

A Swiss tourist who bravely attempted to ward off a shark during…
ACT Policing is urging the mother of the newborn baby to seek medical attention.

Heartbreaking Discovery: Newborn Baby Abandoned at Canberra Fire Station Sparks Urgent Response

Police are looking for dashcam footage after a a newborn baby was…
Jetstar

Airbus Recall Grounds Jetstar Flights, Leading to Long Passenger Queues

Jetstar flights across the country are facing disruptions, with delays and cancellations…

Ukrainian Political Shake-Up: Zelenskyy’s Top Aide Resigns Following Anti-Corruption Raid

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s powerful chief of staff Andriy Yermak, a close ally…

Airbus A320 Recall Alert: Key Details and Implications for Airlines and Passengers

Airbus is warning of potential travel disruption due to upgrades on about…

Olympia’s Maggot Farms in Australia Tackle $36 Billion Global Challenge

With food waste driving a measurable share of Australia’s emissions, efforts to…
The Prime Minister Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon after getting married today in Canberra.

Inside the Secret Wedding of Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon at The Lodge: Exclusive Details Revealed

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has married long-time partner Jodie Haydon in an…
Victoria Police during the search for alleged shooter Dezi Freeman at Mount Buffalo National Park.

Ex-Detective Dismisses Recent Alleged Sighting in Search for Suspected Officer Killer

Nearly three months after the tragic killing of two officers in Victoria’s…

Trump Challenges Biden’s Autopen Executive Orders: A New Political Showdown Unfolds

In a recent statement, former President Donald Trump announced his intention to…

UN Urges Global Solidarity Following Trump’s Pledge to Halt Migration from Developing Nations

UN agencies have asked the US to continue to allow asylum seekers…
Trump to pardon Honduran president's drug trafficking sentence

Breaking News: Trump Set to Pardon Honduran President in Major Drug Trafficking Case

President Donald Trump said he will be pardoning former Honduran President Juan…
Police have arrested a 16-year-old boy.

Teenager in Critical Condition After Adelaide Shopping Centre Altercation; One Arrested

A teenager is in critical condition, and a 20-year-old man is seriously…