Share this @internewscast.com

The 24-year-old staff member was standing near the blast and suffered severe burns to his arms, face and chest and was left in a coma.

He has since died from his injuries.

The cause of the explosion is believed to be a cleaning agent that was poured over the floor which ignited when a dishwasher was turned on.

“A flammable liquid was laid down to clean the bar and run the length of the bar so the fire explosion was around about the length of the bar, which was a significant fire,” Fire and Rescue NSW Superintendent Andrew Shurety said.

A report will be prepared for the Coroner and SafeWork NSW is investigating the incident.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Electric powered Bushmaster armoured vehicle

An electric-powered version of the Australian Army’s Bushmaster armoured vehicle has been…

Olivia Newton-John dies aged 73

Entertainment icon Olivia Newton-John has died aged 73 at her ranch in…

Scientist Étienne Klein admits ‘space telescope image’ was actually a slice of chorizo

A French scientist has apologised after tweeting a photo of a slice…

More than 1 in 3 Aussies say they will never be able to buy a home, study reveals

More than one third of Aussies don’t think they will be able…

Family accept state memorial service

The service however will be more of a “concert” rather than a…

Decoding the information in a baby’s cries

It’s a question parents have pondered since time immemorial: what’s my crying…

Basketballers remains shared ‘for a laugh’, lawyer says

An institutional “culture of callousness” led Los Angeles County deputies and firefighters…

Explosions rock Russian, killing at least one

One person has died and multiple others were injured in a series…