Share this @internewscast.com

Key Points
  • At least three Palestinians were reportedly killed and dozens wounded by Israeli fire near an aid site in Gaza.
  • The Israeli military said it fired warning shots to deter suspects approaching troops but denied shooting civilians.
  • The alleged shooting is part of a series of deadly incidents near distribution sites.
Israeli fire killed at least three Palestinians and wounded dozens of others near an aid distribution site operated by the US-based Gaza Humanitarian Foundation, local health authorities said.
The alleged shooting reportedly occurred at the same location in southern Gaza where witnesses say Israeli forces fired on crowds of aid-seekers a day earlier.
The Israeli military said it was aware of reports of casualties and the incident was being thoroughly looked into.

It said in a statement that troops had fired warning shots “to prevent several suspects approaching them” about 1 km away from the aid distribution site.

The GHF, a private group sponsored by the United States and endorsed by Israel, claimed there had been no fatalities or injuries at its distribution site or the surrounding area.
The latest incident in a series of reported shootings of civilians seeking food aid has underscored the volatile system of aid delivery into Gaza, following the easing last month of an almost three-month Israeli blockade.

On Sunday, Palestinian and international officials said at least 31 people were killed and dozens wounded near the same site, one of four operated by the GHF in Rafah.

At Nasser Hospital in Khan Younis, relatives of Hussam Wafi, a 37-year-old father-of-six, who was killed near the aid site on Sunday, arrived to pay their last respects before burial. Wafi’s brother Ali said the victims were driven by hunger.
“The US and Israel, what do they tell us? Go and get your food and water, and the aid. When the aid arrives, they hit us. Is this fair?” Wafi told Reuters.

UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres said on Monday he was appalled by reports of Palestinians killed and injured while seeking aid in Gaza on Sunday, and called for an independent investigation.

The Israeli military denied firing at people gathering to collect aid, and the GHF said Sunday’s distribution was carried out without incident, describing reports of deaths as fabricated by Hamas.
The GHF said Monday’s deliveries raised the number of meals it has distributed since it began operations to nearly six million.

The United Nations has said most of Gaza’s 2 million population is at risk of famine after an 11-week Israeli blockade on aid entering the strip.

The GHF launched its first distribution sites last week and said it would launch more.
Its aid plan, which bypasses traditional aid groups, has come under fierce criticism from the UN and the organisation’s own former executive director, who all claim the GHF does not follow humanitarian principles.
The Palestinian NGOs Network urged a boycott of what it called the “US-Israeli aid mechanism” in protest over the killings on Sunday.
Israel has bombarded Gaza since Hamas’ October 7 attack in which more than 1,200 people, including an estimated 30 children, were killed and over 200 hostages taken, according to the Israeli government. More than 54,470 people have been killed in Gaza since October 7, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health in Gaza.
The October 7 attack was a significant escalation in the long-standing conflict between Israel and Hamas.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Victoria Police during the search for alleged shooter Dezi Freeman at Mount Buffalo National Park.

Ex-Detective Dismisses Recent Alleged Sighting in Search for Suspected Officer Killer

Nearly three months after the tragic killing of two officers in Victoria’s…
The train station art was labelled 'AI slop'

Sydney Train Station Takes Down Controversial ‘AI Slop’ Mural Following Public Outcry

A mural at Sydney’s Redfern train station has been taken down after…

From Private Messages to Wedding Bells: The Rabbitohs Love Story Behind Australia’s ‘Royal Wedding

Like many modern relationships, it started with a slide into DMs on…

Airbus A320 Recall Alert: Key Details and Implications for Airlines and Passengers

Airbus is warning of potential travel disruption due to upgrades on about…

Trump Challenges Biden’s Autopen Executive Orders: A New Political Showdown Unfolds

In a recent statement, former President Donald Trump announced his intention to…
Lucas died after a stabbing in Sydney's Rouse Hill.

Family of Fatally Stabbed Teen Remembers Him as a ‘Loyal Young Man

The parents of a Sydney teenager who tragically lost his life in…

Olympia’s Maggot Farms in Australia Tackle $36 Billion Global Challenge

With food waste driving a measurable share of Australia’s emissions, efforts to…

Ukrainian Political Shake-Up: Zelenskyy’s Top Aide Resigns Following Anti-Corruption Raid

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s powerful chief of staff Andriy Yermak, a close ally…
Ukraine's President Volodymyr Zelenskyy is under pressure from the US to take an unfavourable peace deal with Russia.

Top Aide to Zelenskyy Steps Down Following Anti-Corruption Probe at Residence

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy announced Friday the resignation of his powerful chief…

Unlocking Australia’s Billion-Dollar Opportunity: The Untapped Export Ready to Skyrocket

When Eleanor Gray borrowed a Hello Kitty DVD from her local library…
Award-winning British playwright dead at the age of 88

Renowned British Playwright Passes Away at 88

Renowned British playwright Tom Stoppard, celebrated for his witty and thought-provoking works,…
Jetstar

Airbus Recall Grounds Jetstar Flights, Leading to Long Passenger Queues

Jetstar flights across the country are facing disruptions, with delays and cancellations…