Share this @internewscast.com
Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has stated he would “allow” Palestinians to exit the Gaza Strip as military operations gear up for a more extensive assault on the area.
Previous suggestions for relocating Gazans outside their conflict-ridden homeland, including from U.S. President Donald Trump, have raised alarms among Palestinians and received criticism from the global community.
In defense of his strategic decisions, Netanyahu spoke to Israeli media shortly after Egypt announced that mediators are intensifying efforts to establish a 60-day ceasefire.
“We are not forcing them out, but we are giving them the option to leave,” Netanyahu explained to Israeli broadcaster i24NEWS.

“Provide them the chance to exit, particularly from combat areas, and generally to leave the territory, should they choose to.”

In the Gaza Strip, Israel has for years tightly controlled the borders and barred many from leaving.
“We will allow this, first of all within Gaza during the fighting, and we will certainly allow them to leave Gaza as well,” Netanyahu said.

Netanyahu has backed Trump’s earlier proposal this year advocating for the relocation of over two million Gazans to Egypt and Jordan, with certain far-right Israeli officials calling for their “voluntary” exodus.

Cairo ceasefire talks

Israel’s plans to expand its offensive into Gaza City come as diplomacy aimed at securing an elusive ceasefire and hostage release deal in the 22-month-old war has stalled for weeks, after the latest round of negotiations broke down in July.
Egypt’s foreign minister, Badr Abdelatty, announced Egypt was “working very hard now in full cooperation with the Qataris and Americans”, aiming for “a ceasefire for 60 days, with the release of some hostages and some Palestinian detainees, and the flow of humanitarian and medical assistance to Gaza without restrictions, without conditions”.

According to two Palestinian sources speaking to Agence France-Presse, a high-level Hamas delegation is expected to engage in discussions with Egyptian authorities on Wednesday.

One of the Palestinian sources earlier said the mediators were working “to formulate a new comprehensive ceasefire agreement proposal “that would include the release of all remaining hostages in Gaza in one batch”.

Mediation efforts led by Qatar, Egypt and the US have failed to secure a breakthrough since a short-lived truce earlier this year.

Intensified strikes

News of the potential truce talks came as Gaza’s civil defence agency said Israel has intensified its airstrikes on Gaza City in recent days, following the security cabinet’s decision to expand the war there.
Netanyahu’s government has not provided an exact timetable on when forces may enter Gaza City, but civil defence spokesperson Mahmud Bassal said on Tuesday air raids had already started increasing over the past three days.
“The bombardment has been extremely intense for the past two days. With every strike, the ground shakes,” said Majed al-Hosary, a resident of Gaza City’s Zeitun neighbourhood.

An Israeli airstrike on Sunday killed five Al Jazeera employees and a freelance reporter outside a Gaza City hospital.

Destroyed buildings.

Gaza’s civil defence agency says Israel has increased its bombardment of Gaza City in recent days. Source: AP / Jehad Alshrafi

Israel has bombarded Gaza since Hamas’ October 7 attack in 2023, in which more than 1,200 people, including an estimated 30 children, were killed and over 200 hostages taken, according to the Israeli government. More than 61,000 people have been killed in Gaza since October 7, according to the health ministry in Gaza.

The October 7 attack was a significant escalation in the long-standing conflict between Israel and Hamas.
Netanyahu is under mounting domestic pressure to secure the release of the remaining hostages — 49 people, including 27, the Israeli military says, are dead — as well as over his plans to expand the war.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

From Private Messages to Wedding Bells: The Rabbitohs Love Story Behind Australia’s ‘Royal Wedding

Like many modern relationships, it started with a slide into DMs on…
President Nicolás Maduro of Venezuela greets his supporters during a rally to commemorate Indigenous Resistance Day on October 12, 2025 in Caracas, Venezuela.

Trump Urges Caution: Advises Treating Venezuelan Airspace as Off-Limits

President Donald Trump on Saturday said that the airspace “above and surrounding”…

Australia Steps Up: Tackling Fiji’s HIV Crisis with Urgent Support

While Australia is considered to be on track to virtually eliminate HIV…
An aerial view of the burnt buildings after a deadly fire at Wang Fuk Court, a residential estate in the Tai Po district of Hong Kong's New Territories,

Investigation Launched into Corruption and Negligence Behind Hong Kong’s Most Devastating Fire in Decades

The tragic fire in Hong Kong, marking the deadliest in decades, has…

Southeast Asia Floods Claim Over 400 Lives as Recovery Efforts Commence

The death toll from devastating floods and landslides in Southeast Asia climbed…

Government Stalled: Public Outcry as Critical Reforms Remain Unaddressed

The government is facing pressure to axe “dangerous” reforms to Australia’s freedom…

Anthony Albanese and Jodie Haydon Tie the Knot in Heartwarming Ceremony at The Lodge

Anthony Albanese has tied the knot with his fiancée Jodie Haydon at…
ChatGPT is about to get a lot hornier

Exciting Updates: ChatGPT Introduces More Engaging Features

ChatGPT is on the verge of undergoing a transformation that could make…
Nicole Kidman 's views on marriage have been revealed in a resurfaced interview. Kidman filed for divorce from her second husband, Keith Urban, 58, in September, citing irreconcilable differences. Pictured together

Resurfaced Interview Reveals Nicole Kidman’s Emotional Insights on Divorce Amid Keith Urban Separation Rumors

Insights into Nicole Kidman’s perspective on marriage have come to light through…

Trump Shuts Down Venezuelan Airspace Amid Rising Tensions: What It Means for Global Relations

US President Donald Trump has warned that the airspace above and near…
The train station art was labelled 'AI slop'

Sydney Train Station Takes Down Controversial ‘AI Slop’ Mural Following Public Outcry

A mural at Sydney’s Redfern train station has been taken down after…
Former Ernst & Young partner Leonard Nicita (pictured) lost his breach of contract case after being warned over inappropriate behaviour at a Miami Vice-themed office Christmas party

Aussie Workers Alerted: Christmas Party Misconduct Can Cost You Big, Warns Sacked EY Executive’s $1.3M Lesson

The dismissal of a high-ranking Ernst & Young partner has become a…