Share this @internewscast.com

Warning: This article contains distressing content and mentions the names of deceased Aboriginal individuals.

Julian Ingram remains on the run a week after allegedly killing three individuals in Lake Cargelligo, located in New South Wales’ Central West.

As of Friday, an extensive police operation is ongoing, involving officers from nearby commands, Defence Force helicopters, riot squads, negotiators, and homicide detectives, all scouring the region in search of Ingram.

The series of tragic events began on January 23 in the afternoon when local police were dispatched to Bokhara Street following reports of gunfire. Upon arrival, they discovered a 32-year-old man and a 24-year-old pregnant woman deceased inside a vehicle.

Shortly thereafter, police responded to a separate incident at a residence on Walker Street. There, they found the body of a second woman, believed to be the aunt of the 24-year-old victim, who had also been fatally shot. Another man was seriously injured by gunfire.

Ingram is alleged to have shot all four victims, resulting in three deaths. He subsequently fled the scene in a work vehicle, which is thought to be a white Ford Ranger.

LAKE CARGELLIGO SHOOTINGS
Three people have been shot dead in Lake Cargelligo, NSW, with a manhunt continuing for the gunman. Source: AAP / MICK TSIKAS/AAPIMAGE

Speaking to media outside Lake Cargelligo Police Station on Thursday, Assistant Commissioner Andrew Holland confirmed Ingram had been spotted at Mount Hope.

“We would be confident to say that he is possibly receiving help from people he knows in community,” he said.

“He’s worked for the council, he has worked out towards Mount Hope area … he’s aware where the water sources are, he’s aware where the hidey holes are.

“We have to systemically work through these locations … before we can move onto the next location.”

The Assistant Commissioner confirmed the search will continue, noting the force’s Aboriginal community liaison officers had played an important role.

“Search will continue … indefinitely, until we find someone. We’ll obviously have an appropriate resource level to make sure that the community is safe, and we’ll obviously continue until we can track this man down.”

Domestic violence-related crime

Ingram has a long criminal history and was on bail after being charged with domestic violence offences in November.

He was released by police on strict conditions after being deemed ‘low risk’, not having committed a violent crime in five years.

On December 3, a magistrate at Lake Cargelligo Local Court confirmed bail for Ingram. However, an interim apprehended domestic violence order (ADVO) was made on behalf of the 24-year-old pregnant woman Ingram is now accused of killing.

A requirement of Ingram’s bail conditions was daily reporting to Lake Cargelligo Police Station. Assistant Commissioner Holland confirmed Ingram’s last report was Thursday, January 22 at 8.12am – over 30 hours before the first shot was fired on Bokhara Street.

LAKE CARGELLIGO SHOOTINGS
NSW police specialists have been deployed to Lake Cargelligo to support the man hunt across the Central West region. Source: AAP / Mick Tsikas/AAP Image

Addressing media alongside Assistant Commissioner Holland was NSW Police Commissioner Mal Lanyon.

“What we’ve seen at Lake Cargelligo is a terrible tragedy that should not have occurred. Domestic and family violence remains a scourge on our community,” he said.

“There is little doubt that there is significant support in the regions, and I think what we need to keep working on in my role as commissioner has been and will be to work right across government to make sure that all of the possible services are available.”

The Commissioner said the fact that more than 33,000 individuals charged with domestic and family violence assaults in 2025 is a “disgrace”, labelling the issue a “key priority” for him because of its impact on communities like Lake Cargelligo.

‘Painful reminder of an ongoing crisis’

The impact has rippled across New South Wales, with frustrations rising at the lack of adequate action on domestic and family violence.

In a statement, Domestic Violence NSW’s (DVNSW) Aboriginal Steering Committee said the “devastating murders” in Lake Cargelligo are “not isolated incidents”.

Each statistic represents an Aboriginal woman or child failed by government systems

“They are a tragic and painful reminder of the ongoing crisis of domestic and family violence affecting Aboriginal communities across NSW, particularly in regional and remote areas,” they said.

The committee acknowledged the gross over-representation of Aboriginal women and children in domestic and family violence statistics.

As it stands, Aboriginal women and children in New South Wales experience higher rates of violence, serious injury and death than any other population group.

“Each statistic represents an Aboriginal woman or child failed by government systems, intended to protect and support.”

In response, the committee has challenged the state government.

“We’re calling on the NSW Government to move beyond expressions of sympathy and provide genuine acknowledgement of this over-representation, grounded in truth-telling about the impacts of colonisation, systemic racism, intergenerational trauma and chronic under-investment in Aboriginal-led responses,” they said.

The organisation said such an acknowledgement “must be matched with action”, proposing a minimum 50 per cent uplift of “core funding for specialist domestic and family services in NSW” that are Aboriginal-led, community-controlled and provide culturally safe and trauma informed services.

“Meaningful commitment from government means long-term, secure funding; partnership with Aboriginal expertise; and accountability for outcomes for Aboriginal women and children. Without this, we will continue to see preventable violence, harm and loss,” they said.

“Our communities deserve safety. Our women and children deserve to live free from violence.”

1800RESPECT (1800 737 732)

13YARN 13 92 76

Aboriginal Counselling Services 0410 539 905

1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)

Lifeline 13 11 14

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Wellington Phoenix goalie Josh Oluwayemi (bottom right) has gone viral after he made a mind-boggling mistake in his side's 5-0 loss to Auckland on Saturday

Aussie Footballer’s Unforgettable Mistake Sparks Coach’s Sudden Resignation

Footballer Josh Oluwayemi has captured attention for a blunder that contributed significantly…

From Pilot to Disgraced Figure: The Transformation of Former Prince Andrew

In Brief Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor was arrested on Thursday after police previously said…

Donald Trump Elevates Global Tariffs to 15% Maximum, Marking Temporary Increase

In a surprising twist, President Donald Trump announced his decision to increase…

Is Trump Challenging the Global Rules-Based Order? Understanding the Implications

German Chancellor Friedrich Merz recently joined a growing number of world leaders…

Police Sergeant Faces Double Drink-Driving Allegations in Single Day

An off-duty police officer has been charged after allegedly being caught drink…
Radical Islamist group closer to hate speech laws ban

Crackdown on Hate Speech: Islamist Group Faces Potential Ban

In a significant development, Australia’s Home Affairs Minister, Tony Burke, announced today…

ASIO: No Passport Bans for Women Allegedly Linked to IS, Confirms Burke

Australian authorities are grappling with the dilemma of whether to allow the…
President Donald Trump speaks during a press briefing at the White House on Friday, February 20 in Washington.

Trump to Boost Tariffs to 15% Following Game-Changing Supreme Court Decision

President Donald Trump said on Saturday that he wants a global tariff…
More than 1500 alkaloid poppy plant heads were stolen from the Ballarat farm recently.

Urgent Health Alert Issued Following Theft of 1,700 Toxic Poppy Plants from Confidential Farm Location

Health authorities are raising the alarm after around 1700 toxic poppy plants…

Burke Announces Initiation of Procedures to Proscribe Islamist Organization Hizb ut-Tahrir

In brief Burke said his department had received advice from ASIO that…

Unlocking the Migration Debate: Five Insightful Charts Reveal the Optimal ‘Sweet Spot

In the wake of the recent Bondi terror incident and the ongoing…
U.S. Army soldiers exit a Black Hawk at the Truckee Tahoe Airport in Truckee, Calif., Saturday, Feb. 21, 2026, after aiding in recovery efforts for a group of skiers who went missing during a deadly avalanche. (AP Photo/Godofredo A. Vásquez)

Tragic Discovery: Bodies of 9 Backcountry Skiers Recovered After California Avalanche

Nine backcountry skiers tragically lost their lives in an avalanche near California’s…