Tia Cameron, 18, had just been to a beauty appointment and took a video to send to her boyfriend moments before she died in a bus crash in Brisbane in March.
Share this @internewscast.com
A bus driver accused of causing the death of an 18-year-old pedestrian in a Brisbane CBD crash has opted to fight the charge, sparking emotional courtroom scenes.

The victim’s family broke down after Lindsay Francis Selby’s lawyer told the Brisbane Magistrates Court today the case would proceed to trial.

Selby, 70, was charged with driving without due care and attention causing death after the March 2024 crash, which claimed Tia Cameron’s life.

Tia Cameron, 18, had just been to a beauty appointment and took a video to send to her boyfriend moments before she died in a bus crash in Brisbane in March.
Tia Cameron, 18, had just been to a beauty appointment and took a video to send to her boyfriend moments before her death. (9News)

Police allege Selby was driving a bus that mounted the kerb during peak hour, pinning Cameron against a building in Brisbane’s CBD.

Cameron, an administration worker, died at the scene while four bus passengers were treated for minor injuries.

Council bus driver Selby was charged months later following an investigation.

Police allege Lindsay Francis Selby, 70, was driving a bus that mounted the kerb after 5pm during peak hour, pinning pedestrian Tia Cameron against a building in the Brisbane CBD on March 8.
Police allege Lindsay Francis Selby, 70, was driving a bus that mounted the kerb after 5pm during peak hour, pinning pedestrian Tia Cameron against a building in the Brisbane CBD on March 8. (9News)

Today, Selby was not present as he had been excused from appearing. Instead, lawyer Claire McGee spoke on his behalf, informing Magistrate Peter Saggers that the case would be advancing to trial.

It is listed for September 23 and is expected to be held over one day.

McGee said the defence did not have a full brief yet, with a pre-trial review scheduled for September 2.

Selby has opted to fight the charge. (Nine )

“You don’t have a brief at all?” magistrate Peter Saggers asked.

McGee replied: “We have some material – the arresting officer’s statement and the report.

“I don’t expect there will be much more but if there is to be, directions will be made for that to be disclosed.”

Cameron’s family members attended court on today and became emotional after hearing Selby would fight the charge.

They did not speak to the waiting media when they left the court.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Thousands swelter without power as mercury soars again across south-east Queensland

Scorching Heatwave Leaves Southeast Queensland Powerless: Thousands Struggle in Rising Temperatures

Almost 3000 homes and businesses were without power in south-east Queensland yesterday…

UN Urges Global Solidarity Following Trump’s Pledge to Halt Migration from Developing Nations

UN agencies have asked the US to continue to allow asylum seekers…
Trump to pardon Honduran president's drug trafficking sentence

Breaking News: Trump Set to Pardon Honduran President in Major Drug Trafficking Case

President Donald Trump said he will be pardoning former Honduran President Juan…

Olympia’s Maggot Farms in Australia Tackle $36 Billion Global Challenge

With food waste driving a measurable share of Australia’s emissions, efforts to…
Neuroblastoma is a deadly cancer that can affect children as young as two-years-old. A new study by the Garvan Institute may have found a drug that can help cure it.

Potential Breakthrough Drug Surfaces for Treating Deadly Childhood Cancer

A medication, already approved for cancer treatment, might now offer a new…

Airbus A320 Recall Alert: Key Details and Implications for Airlines and Passengers

Airbus is warning of potential travel disruption due to upgrades on about…
ACT Policing is urging the mother of the newborn baby to seek medical attention.

Heartbreaking Discovery: Newborn Baby Abandoned at Canberra Fire Station Sparks Urgent Response

Police are looking for dashcam footage after a a newborn baby was…

Trump Challenges Biden’s Autopen Executive Orders: A New Political Showdown Unfolds

In a recent statement, former President Donald Trump announced his intention to…
Lucas died after a stabbing in Sydney's Rouse Hill.

Family of Fatally Stabbed Teen Remembers Him as a ‘Loyal Young Man

The parents of a Sydney teenager who tragically lost his life in…

Ukrainian Political Shake-Up: Zelenskyy’s Top Aide Resigns Following Anti-Corruption Raid

President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s powerful chief of staff Andriy Yermak, a close ally…
WA man jailed for stealing intimate material and using 'evil twin' WiFi networks

Cyber Trickery: Man Sentenced for Crafting Deceptive ‘Evil Twin’ WiFi Networks at Australian Airports

A 44-year-old man has been sentenced to prison for orchestrating a scheme…

Trump Criticizes Biden’s Vetting Process Following Tragic Death of National Guard Member in Washington Shooting

One of the two national guard members shot near the White House…