Police comb through landfill in search for missing 11-year-old autistic Brooklyn boy

Authorities Search Landfill for Missing 11-Year-Old Autistic Boy from Brooklyn

The NYPD and New York State Police are searching a landfill in upstate New York as part of their efforts to locate a missing 11-year-old autistic boy from Brooklyn, according to law enforcement sources.

Investigators have not disclosed why they are focusing on the High Acres Landfill in Parinton, located about 14 miles east of Rochester, though it serves as one of several disposal locations for waste from New York City.

The boy, Jacob Pritchett, has potentially been missing since mid-August, with his mother telling authorities that she did not have a child, sources revealed.

The city’s Administration for Child Services initiated an investigation into Jacob’s situation after receiving a tip through a state hotline expressing concerns about his well-being, police sources told the Daily News.

ACS investigators visited the Brownsville apartment of Jacob’s mother on Howard Ave. near East New York Ave. on Sept. 25 but couldn’t gain entry and requested police assistance. Upon arrival, NYPD officers were allowed inside the apartment, but the mother denied having any children.

Last week, ACS officials returned with police and investigators to search the apartment and nearby dumpsters, also using NYPD K-9 police dogs to aid in the search.

Officers took the child’s mother to the 73rd Precinct stationhouse, before she was sent with medics to Brookdale University Hospital for an evaluation.

NYPD released a composite sketch of the missing child on Saturday. When asked why a photograph of the child was not made available, a department spokesman replied: “That’s all we have at this time. What we have, we put out.”

Neighbors told responding officers they hadn’t seen the child for six to eight weeks, police sources said.

“We’d be chilling outside, and you’d see the boy in the window,” said neighbor Evelyn Rolon, 49. “He had a little car he played with. He never came out. He didn’t go to school.”

Rolon said she was shocked to learn the boy’s age, saying he appeared younger by his size.

“He was 11? He looked 7 or 8,” she said, adding about the missing child: “It’s horrible.”

Originally Published: October 9, 2025 at 9:20 PM EDT

You May Also Like

Azerbaijan Sues CNN Over Alleged Fake Iran War Coverage

CNN has been hit with a defamation lawsuit over a June report…

US Secretly Escorts Millions of Oil Barrels Through Strait of Hormuz in High-Stakes Operation

The US has quietly helped move millions of barrels of oil each…

Toxic Issue Could Sink Republican in Crucial Senate Race

As frustration over AI data centers grows across Ohio, Democrats have found…

Human Error Blamed for Largest-Ever Cyberattack on Charity Sector

A suspected “major human mistake” is believed to have set off what…

Trump to Headline Pre-Race Spectacle at Freedom 250 Grand Prix

The NTT IndyCar Series is preparing for one of the most distinctive…

Two Girls Found Safe in Trailer After Babysitter Abduction, Police Say

Police body camera video shows the tense rescue of two young sisters…

21-Year-Old Army Soldier Charged With Rape of 12-Year-Old Girl

A U.S. Army soldier is facing a rape charge in Ohio involving…

Police Swarm SC Home Tied to Hayden Panettiere’s Boyfriend

Police were seen arriving Wednesday morning at a South Carolina residence connected…

Sue Gray Says No10 Role Under Keir Starmer Was Unbearable

Sue Gray has described her brief spell working for Keir Starmer in…

Australian Hiker Lily Hooper Found Dead After Family Was Mistakenly Told She Was Alive

An 18-year-old Australian hiker has been found dead more than a week…

El-Sayed’s Rarely Discussed Birth Mother Tied to Terror Charity

Michigan Democratic Senate candidate Abdul El-Sayed seldom brings up his birth mother…

Melting Swiss Alps Glacier Reveals Bodies of Hikers Missing for 30 Years

The remains of two Belgian hikers who disappeared more than three decades…