Trump launches massive airstrikes in Syria as 'vengeance'

The White House has confirmed that U.S. forces launched a series of airstrikes against ISIS targets in Syria on Friday, marking a decisive response to recent hostilities.

This military action fulfills President Trump’s vow to avenge the deaths of two American soldiers and an interpreter who were killed in a terrorist ambush in Syria’s central region the previous weekend.

American forces executed a coordinated assault involving both air and ground operations, targeting multiple sites associated with ISIS in central Syria.

“In light of ISIS’s brutal killing of brave American Patriots in Syria, whose dignified homecoming I attended earlier this week, I am announcing that the United States is delivering a significant retaliatory strike,” President Trump declared on Truth Social Friday evening.

The operation reportedly involves U.S. Air Force F-15E Strike Eagles and A-10C Thunderbolts, in conjunction with Army helicopters and artillery rocket systems.

Secretary of War Pete Hegseth referred to the mission as “Operation Hawkeye Strike” in a post on X, describing it as a “declaration of vengeance.”

Military aircraft and artillery were reportedly used to level arms storage sites and other facilities associated with the group, an American source with knowledge told the New York Times.

The source spoke on condition of anonymity due to the classified nature of the operation, calling it an expected ‘massive attack.’

US forces unleashed a wave of airstrikes against ISISin Syria on Friday

US forces unleashed a wave of airstrikes against ISISin Syria on Friday

American forces carried out a wave of air and ground attacks in central Syria, striking numerous locations linked to ISIS

American forces carried out a wave of air and ground attacks in central Syria, striking numerous locations linked to ISIS

Islamic State fighter pictured waving a flag while standing on captured government fighter jet in Raqqa, Syria

Islamic State fighter pictured waving a flag while standing on captured government fighter jet in Raqqa, Syria

The Secretary of War doubling down on their retaliatory strikes.

‘Today, we hunted and we killed our enemies. Lots of them. And we will continue,’ Hegseth added. 

Across Syria, social media accounts on X report explosions and across the country, heard from Palmyra to Deir Ezzor.

Strikes are also reported in the Eastern Raqqa desert according to accounts. 

The strikes hit dozens of targets the military connected to ISIS — including weapons storage locations and infrastructure.

The soldiers who were killed last Saturday were the first Americans to die in the country since Bashar al-Assad was removed from power last year. They were helping fight the Islamic State near Palmyra, a city in central Syria.

US officials named the two troops who died in Syria as Sgt. Edgar Brian Torres Tovar, 25, from Des Moines, Iowa, and Sgt. William Nathaniel Howard, 29, of Marshalltown, Iowa. 

Friday’s attacks by US forces point to a major step-up in military action in Syria, even as the administration maintains a much smaller footprint of roughly 1,000 troops and prepares for additional operations in the days ahead. 

1,000 troops is half of what is used to be at the start of the year. 

The US still has several hundred service members stationed in Syria, carrying on an anti-ISIS campaign that started in the mid-2010s after the group seized wide areas of Syria and Iraq. 

Jordanian and Syrian Armed forces are reportedly helping out the US Air-Force and army in tonight’s strikes against ISIS sites across the country. 

Syrian President Ahmed Al-Sharaa visited the White House last month in what was the first visit to the White House by a Syrian head of state since 1946. 

In his Truth Social post, Trump said Al-Sharaa supported the strikes. 

The president said terrorists who threaten or attack the US ‘will be hit harder than you have ever been hit before.’ 

You May Also Like

LA Mayoral Race Intensifies After Karen Bass Labels Nithya Raman Lazy

The Los Angeles mayoral debate quickly turned combative when Mayor Karen Bass…

US Secretly Escorts Millions of Oil Barrels Through Strait of Hormuz in High-Stakes Operation

The US has quietly helped move millions of barrels of oil each…

Brooklyn Beckham Says Tattoo Tribute to Victoria Beckham Is Almost Gone

Brooklyn Beckham has shown that his once-prominent tattoo tribute to his mother,…

One in Five GCSE Entries Earn Top Grades as English Pass Rate Drops

Students were celebrating as GCSE results showed top grades climbing for the…

FBI Says Woman Scouted Building in Burka While Plotting ISIS Bomb Attack

Federal authorities say a New York woman accused in an ISIS-inspired plot…

Missing Sydney Bushwalker Lily Hooper Found Dead

The family of missing hiker Lily Hooper suffered an agonising few minutes…

Physicist’s Doomsday Prediction Claims World Could End This Year

A stark forecast about humanity’s future is drawing fresh attention, with a…

Anti-Pauline Hanson Leader’s Past Call to Abolish Age of Consent Resurfaces

A senior activist linked to the organisation involved in the recent anti-Pauline…

Rob Reiner’s Children Testified in Grand Jury Probe That Led to Their Brother’s Indictment

The brother and sister of Nick Reiner, who is accused of killing…

Rape Warning Booklet for Asylum Seekers Branded Pointless by Critics

A Home Office leaflet explaining to asylum seekers that rape is a…

Amazon Drone Delivery Expansion Targets 500 U.S. Cities

Amazon is preparing a major expansion of its drone delivery program that…

NYC Mayoral Aide Signals Aid for Stores Impacted by City-Run Supermarkets

A top official helping steer New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani’s proposed…