Jacksonville Fair, law enforcement assure safety amid viral 'Fair Takeover' concern
Share this @internewscast.com


The Jacksonville Fair, a beloved local tradition known for its thrilling rides, delicious food, and family-friendly atmosphere, is taking steps to ensure the safety of its visitors following the circulation of a concerning flyer online. This flyer, advertising a “Fair Takeover,” has caught the attention of both fair organizers and law enforcement, prompting a proactive response to maintain the event’s secure environment.

With the fair having just opened its gates this past Thursday, the timing of the flyer’s appearance on social media has heightened the urgency to address any potential safety risks. The Jacksonville community looks forward to the fair each year, with thousands drawn by the promise of fun and entertainment.

Attendees like Luke Daniels express their enthusiasm for the fair’s attractions, saying, “I loved the rides and the hang glider ride,” capturing the excitement that brings families back year after year. Meanwhile, David Daniels offers culinary advice, recommending, “Make sure you get their chicken on a stick and their fried Oreos,” highlighting the fair’s diverse food offerings that are as much a draw as the rides themselves.

In light of the situation, the fair organizers, working closely with police, are committed to ensuring that the event remains a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. Their collaboration aims to reassure the public and address any concerns, underscoring the importance of vigilance and community cooperation in preserving the festive spirit of the Jacksonville Fair.

“i loved the rides and the hang glider ride,” said Luke Daniels.

“Make sure you get their chicken on a stick and their fried Oreos,” said David Daniels. 

“The turkey leg, the popcorn, I love the kettle corn,” said Joann Curry. 

However, this year, a viral flyer is stirring up concern before the weekend crowd even arrives.

The “fair takeover” post circulating on social media reads “don’t leave the drama at home” and “keep your cameras ready, don’t run from no fades.” It promises “this night will be a movie.”

Fair officials tell First Coast News they take safety seriously.

President and CEO Bill Olsen sent First Coast News this statement: 

“Safety is always our top priority. Working closely with JSO, our team is committed to a secure environment and enforces a zero-tolerance policy for any behavior outside our safety standards. We look forward to welcoming everyone to enjoy a fun, family-friendly celebration of our 70th anniversary and final downtown event before our move to the Westside.” 

First Coast News reached out to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office.

The agency said they are aware of events circulating online and will have a large police presence there every night.

This comes after several “teen takeovers” took place across Northeast Florida.

In July, JSO broke up a crowd of 700 juveniles near friendship fountain, seizing guns and drugs.

Earlier that month, Clay County deputies cleared hundreds from a “pop up party” outside orange park mall.

However, despite the concern about the fair takeover…most fairgoers we spoke with still plan on coming out to enjoy the festivities.

“We were here yesterday, and we’re here today, and we’ll be here Sunday and another few times this week,” said David Daniels, “we’re really comfortable. It’s a good time.”

Fair organizers say they’ll continue to work closely with law enforcement and want visitors to stay alert, follow safety rules and focus on having fun. 

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Driver carjacked in West Village by machete-wielding muggers

Driver Victimized by Machete-Wielding Assailants in West Village Carjacking

A man, aged 27, experienced a terrifying carjacking in downtown Manhattan when…
Russia outlaws Human Rights Watch as crackdown on dissent continues

Russia Bans Human Rights Watch: Escalating Clampdown on Free Speech and Dissent

On Friday, Russian authorities declared Human Rights Watch as an “undesirable organization.”…
Sex trafficking has to be confronted

Urgent Action Required: Addressing the Crisis of Human Trafficking

Parents naturally want to ensure the safety of their children. However, an…
Illinois man charged with arson after allegedly setting home ablaze on Thanksgiving

Illinois Resident Accused of Thanksgiving Day House Fire

In a shocking Thanksgiving incident, an Illinois man found himself behind bars…
US dramatically escalates Somalia airstrikes as Trump admin targets ISIS, al Qaeda terrorists

US Intensifies Airstrikes in Somalia, Targeting ISIS and al Qaeda Forces

JOHANNESBURG: The frequency of U.S. airstrikes targeting jihadi extremists in Somalia has…
Northwestern University federal funding restored after school reaches deal with Trump administration, officials say

Northwestern University Secures Federal Funding Restoration Following Agreement with Trump Administration

Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, has successfully negotiated a deal with the…
Patricia Heaton landed 'Everybody Loves Raymond' role thanks to this wild audition move

Patricia Heaton’s Bold Audition Secret: The Unconventional Move That Won Her ‘Everybody Loves Raymond

Ray Romano and Patricia Heaton recently took a nostalgic look back at…
Father of fallen National Guard member calls her death a 'horrible tragedy' in heartbreaking post

Father of Deceased National Guard Member Describes Her Passing as a ‘Horrible Tragedy’ in Heartfelt Message

In a deeply emotional Facebook post shared on Thursday, Gary Beckstrom announced…
Man arrested after allegedly attempting to kidnap two 12-year-old girls in Glynn County

Attempted Kidnapping in Glynn County: Man Arrested for Allegedly Targeting Two 12-Year-Old Girls

A 21-year-old man, Evert Luna, has been taken into custody by Glynn…
NY Jets cornerback Kris Boyd says he's back in the hospital after NYC shooting

NY Jets Cornerback Kris Boyd Returns to Hospital Following NYC Shooting Incident

New York City is once again the focus as New York Jets…
Ukrainian official Yermak resigns as corruption probe encircles Zelenskyy

Ukrainian Official Steps Down Amid Intensifying Corruption Investigation Involving Zelenskyy Administration

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy has confirmed that Andriy Yermak, the head of…
Indiana Republican's Problematic Remark About Trump, How He's Voting on State Redistricting

Indiana Republican’s Controversial Comment on Trump and Its Impact on State Redistricting Vote

Indiana’s legislature is currently debating a redistricting proposal that could potentially bolster…