Share this @internewscast.com

At least 40 Palestinians have been killed in Israeli gunfire and airstrikes in Gaza in the last 24 hours, including 10 seeking aid, and another five have died of starvation or malnutrition, according to Gaza’s health authorities.
The recent deaths raise the toll of those dying from hunger to 180, including 93 children, since the war escalated, with international humanitarian agencies warning the situation could be an unfolding famine.
Ten of those who died were seeking aid at two separate sites belonging to the United States and Israel-backed Gaza Humanitarian Foundation (GHF) in central and southern Gaza, local medics said.
The United Nations says more than 1,000 people have been killed trying to receive aid in Gaza since the GHF began operating in May 2025, most of them shot by Israeli forces operating near GHF sites.

“Everyone who goes there comes back either with a bag of flour or is returned [on a stretcher] as a martyr, or injured. No one comes back unharmed,” said 40-year-old Palestinian Bilal Thari.

He was among mourners at Gaza City’s al-Shifa hospital on Monday who had gathered to collect the bodies of their loved ones.

Israel’s next steps in Gaza

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday he would convene his security cabinet this week to discuss how the military should proceed in Gaza to meet all his government’s war goals, which include defeating Hamas and releasing the hostages.
During a visit to the country last week, US Middle East envoy Steve Witkoff said he was working with the Israeli government on a plan that would effectively end the war in Gaza.

But Israeli officials have also floated ideas, including expanding the military offensive in Gaza and annexing parts of the shattered enclave.

The failed ceasefire talks in Doha had aimed to clinch agreements on a US-backed proposal for a 60-day truce, during which aid would be flown into Gaza and half of the hostages Hamas is holding would be freed, in exchange for Palestinian prisoners and those held under administrative detention in Israel.
Israel’s Channel 12 on Monday cited an official from his office as saying Netanyahu was inclined towards expanding the offensive and seizing the entire Palestinian enclave.

There was no immediate official confirmation, but the Palestinian Authority’s foreign ministry condemned what it described as a “leaked” plan and called on the international community to step in to prevent any new military occupation.

Israel has bombarded Gaza since Hamas’ October 7 attack in 2023, in which more than 1,200 people, including an estimated 30 children, were killed and over 200 hostages taken, according to the Israeli government. More than 60,430 people have been killed in Gaza since October 7, according to the health ministry in Gaza.
The October 7 attack was a significant escalation in the long-standing conflict between Israel and Hamas.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Tragic Outcomes From Dual Mental Health Facility Escapes Spur Call for ‘Urgent’ Reform

IN BRIEF Advocates say the mental health system is too focused on…

Melbourne Teen Succumbs to Injuries a Week After Tragic Vehicle Collision

An air ambulance team and a mobile intensive care unit equipped with…
The death of Ruben Ray Martinez, 23, would mark the earliest of at least six deadly shootings by federal officers since the start of a nationwide immigration crackdown in President Donald Trump's second term.

Shocking Incident: Texas Man Fatally Shot by Federal Immigration Agent – Uncover the Full Story

Newly released records show a US citizen was shot and killed in…
Someone holding a handful of Australian cash.

Massive Cash Boost: Over 5 Million Australians Set to Benefit Soon!

More than five million Australians receiving social security payments, half of whom…

Former Prince Andrew Released from Police Custody Following Arrest

In Brief Former prince Andrew was arrested on suspicion of misconduct in…
rugby league Pixs taken at Telstra stadium at the match between CANTERBURY BULLDOGS and NEWCASTLE KNIGHTS. Pic shows..MATT UTAI SCORES Pixs

Charges Filed Against Suspected Gunmen in Former NRL Player Shooting Incident

Police have charged two people, including a 15-year-old, as the alleged gunmen…

From Dough to Dream Home: Pizza Chefs Overcome Challenges to Buy First House

Every day at Boss Pizzeria, a bustling Italian eatery in Melbourne’s eastern…

Unlocking the Migration Debate: Five Insightful Charts Reveal the Optimal ‘Sweet Spot

In the wake of the recent Bondi terror incident and the ongoing…
Six orcas were filmed viciously killing a great white shark off South Australia's Neptune Islands in 2015.

Groundbreaking Study Reveals True Reasons Behind Shark Exodus from Australian Islands

After six orcas were filmed viciously killing a great white shark off…
Jayden Ansara had to act quick when his mother collapsed after having a brain aneurysm.

Young Boy Honored with Bravery Award for Heroic Act in Saving Mother’s Life

A nine-year-old boy who helped save his mother’s life by calling Triple…
The ute reversed before ramming into the gates of the Brisbane Synagogue, with the incident being captured on CCTV.

Police Clarify Synagogue Gate Ramming Incident: No Terrorism Involved, Investigation Ongoing

Authorities have clarified that last night’s incident involving a vehicle crashing into…
Melonie Mckay was run over in her own driveway after allegedly getting into an argument with her neighbour.

Grandmother’s Tragic Death: Man Faces Murder Charges in Alleged Hit-and-Run

A man has been charged with murder after allegedly running over his…