Photo of a baby wearing a blue shirt.
Share this @internewscast.com

INVESTIGATORS looking into the alleged kidnapping of a baby boy are sifting through a vast collection of surveillance footage as part of their investigation.

The hunt for missing Emmanuel Haro, seven months, is in its second week and there has been no trace of the little boy since he disappeared. 

Photo of a baby wearing a blue shirt.
Cops are still searching for seven-month-old Emmanuel HaroCredit: Instagram/sanbernardinocountysheriff
News report on the disappearance of a baby; a woman and a man are being interviewed.
His mom Rebecca and dad Jake have begged for the little boy to be returnedCredit: KTLA

The mother, Rebecca, reported being ambushed and her baby taken on Thursday, but California police are not dismissing the possibility of foul play due to some inconsistencies in her story.

San Bernardino County cops have trawled through video footage as part of their investigation.

They claimed to have recovered a “substantial” amount of footage from so-called areas of interest. 

Police have not revealed any further details as to what the video might contain. 

This is despite Rebecca claiming there were no cameras. 

“I ran the perimeter and there’s nothing here,” she told the CBS affiliate KCAL-TV.

“There’s no cameras here. There’s nothing. They should have something here.”

Cops have also executed search warrants at the Haro family home. 

Police have combed the Cabazon area – located around 20 miles from Yucaipa.

No one has been charged in connection with Emmanuel’s disappearance.

She claimed that she was attacked outside a Big 5 Sporting Goods store in Yucaipa – located around 72 miles from Los Angeles – on Thursday. 

Rebecca said the apparent ambush happened when she was changing Emmanuel’s diaper. 

She told cops that she lost consciousness before realizing Emmanuel was gone.

“Somebody said ‘Hola’ and that’s all I remember,” she said.

“I saw white and I fell on the floor and I said as I got up that I couldn’t find my son.”

Emmanuel Haro disappearance

CALIFORNIA cops are probing the disappearance of missing baby Emmanuel Haro. The U.S. Sun breaks down the timeline surrounding his disappearance.

August 14: Emmanuel’s mom, Rebecca, reports him missing. She claimed she was attacked near a Big 5 Sporting Goods store in Yucaipa.

August 15: San Bernardino cops issue a statement, saying the search for Emmanuel is ongoing. They reveal that he has not been found.

August 16: Cops say they cannot rule out foul play.

August 17: Police visit the Haro family home.

August 18: Authorities state that they have carried out thorough searches in the Yucaipa and Cabazon areas and have also examined a significant amount of surveillance video.

Rebecca then charged into the Big 5 store and called 911. 

She has reportedly refused to take a lie detector test while being interrogated, and in media appearances, she has been seen with a black eye. 

As the investigation continues, it’s since emerged that Jake had previously been convicted of willful child cruelty. 

The conviction stemmed from a 2018 arrest in Hemet – a city located around 80 miles from Los Angeles.

But, Christina Topper, an ex-colleague of Jake, told the NBC affiliate KNBC-TV he was a “cool guy.”

The pair worked together at a Walmart store in 2016.

California cops did not issue an Amber Alert despite the missing person report.

That’s because there is no information about a potential suspect.

Information about a suspect is one of the criteria that must be met before an Amber Alert is issued.

Rebecca and Jake have issued an urgent appeal in light of Emmanuel’s disappearance.

“He was a happy baby,” Jake said

“He was crawling. He was kicking. He was playing with his toys. Whoever took our son, please give him back.”

Neighbors held a vigil outside the sports store.

Photo of missing child, Emmanuel Haro.
Emmanuel was reported missing on August 14Credit: KTTV_TV
Exterior of Big 5 Sporting Goods store.
His mom claimed she was attacked near a Big 5 Sporting Goods storeCredit: KABC-TV
People holding candles at a vigil.
A vigil has since been held for EmmanuelCredit: KABC-TV
Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like
Big gap in California immigration asylum cases in LA, SF

Significant Disparities Uncovered in California’s Asylum Cases Across LA and SF

For many asylum seekers, the vision of settling in California is becoming…
Teen daughter of Ruben Torres Maldonado, Chicago man detained by immigration agents in Niles, released, dies after cancer battle

Chicago Community Mourns as Teen Advocate for Father’s Release from ICE Passes Away from Cancer

In a tragic turn of events, the teenage daughter of Chicago resident…
New Mexico mother accused of drowning newborn in portable toilet after giving birth

Tragic Incident: New Mexico Mother Charged with Newborn’s Death in Portable Toilet

A woman from New Mexico is facing serious charges after allegedly giving…
Princess Noor Pahlavi stuns at LA Iran protests: 'a nation reclaiming itself'

Princess Noor Pahlavi Captivates at Los Angeles Iran Protests: ‘A Nation’s Journey to Self-Rediscovery

Members of the Iranian diaspora have lauded the efforts of the exiled…
Maniac who allegedly pushed woman onto NYC subway tracks, punched straphanger, also slugged teen girl during rampage

Alleged Attacker Targets Women and Teens in Disturbing NYC Subway Incidents

A man accused of a violent rampage in Brooklyn, where he allegedly…
Conservatives cheer exit of ex-Miss California from White House religious panel

Conservatives Applaud Former Miss California’s Departure from White House Faith Advisory Council

The Trump administration has swiftly dismissed Carrie Prejean Boller, a former Miss…
What happened to Alex Vesia's baby? Dodgers reliever speaks publicly for 1st time since daughter's death

Heartbreaking Loss: Dodgers’ Alex Vesia Opens Up About Tragic Loss of Infant Daughter

In an emotional address on Friday, Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher Alex Vesia…
NYC apartment fire kills 1 after firefighters struggle to put out blaze due to blocked hydrant

Tragic NYC Apartment Fire Claims Life Amidst Delays Caused by Obstructed Hydrant

An intense fire claimed the life of an elderly man in a…
Former UFC heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez released from prison after 2022 shooting, attempted murder of man molesting his son

Ex-UFC Heavyweight Champion Cain Velasquez Freed from Prison Following 2022 Shooting and Attempted Murder Case Involving Alleged Child Molester

In a recent development, Cain Velasquez, the former UFC heavyweight champion, has…
ANALYSIS: El Paso Airspace Shutdown Indicates Growing Pains in Trump Admin’s Attention to Long-Ignored Cartel Drone Menace

El Paso Airspace Closure Highlights Trump’s Struggle with Escalating Cartel Drone Threat

The issue of cartel drones flying across the U.S.-Mexico border, with estimates…
Americans think World War III is likely within next 5 years, new poll shows

New Poll Reveals Majority of Americans Anticipate Possibility of World War III Within Five Years

The notion of an impending global conflict seems to be gaining traction…
Federica Brignone wins giant slalom for 2nd gold medal of the Olympics, Mikaela Shiffrin finishes 11th

Federica Brignone Triumphs in Giant Slalom for Second Olympic Gold as Mikaela Shiffrin Struggles

By STEVE DOUGLAS CORTINA D’AMPEZZO — As Federica Brignone absorbed the joy…