Ex-Goldman Sachs lawyer discussed prostitution scandal with Epstein
Share this @internewscast.com

A former Goldman Sachs attorney, now embroiled in controversy, was found to have discussed a Secret Service prostitution scandal with Jeffrey Epstein, as revealed in recent email disclosures.

Kathryn Ruemmler, who resigned from Goldman Sachs just last week, received guidance from Epstein through email regarding a draft intended for a journalist. This draft pertained to a prostitution scandal that had rocked the Obama Administration back in 2014.

The email exchanges were part of the Epstein files, which have been made public by the Department of Justice.

In her correspondence with Epstein dated October 17, 2014, Ruemmler shared confidential insights about the Secret Service scandal, which had not been previously disclosed to the public. This was a few months after she had departed from her role at the White House.

During a 2012 official visit to Cartagena, Colombia, Secret Service personnel engaged in hiring prostitutes while on duty. Their mission coincided with then-President Obama’s attendance at the Summit of the Americas.

These agents brought the prostitutes back to their hotel rooms before President Obama’s arrival, and the incident surfaced after a payment dispute led to an investigation by Homeland Security.

Discussing the scandal, Ruemmler wrote to Epstein: ‘This whole thing is ridiculous. They had to obtain the re=ord “under the table” because the last thing the Hilton wanted t= do is to voluntarily give over info implicating the privacy of their gues=s [sic].

‘The procedure for checking in prostitutes is hardly rigorous.’ 

At the time of the exchange, Ruemmler was in private practice, but she remained involved in the scandal as journalists and lawmakers sought information she had from working on the incident at the White House. 

Kathryn Ruemmler received advice from Jeffrey Epstein via email about a prostitution scandal that ripped through the Obama Administration in 2014

Kathryn Ruemmler received advice from Jeffrey Epstein via email about a prostitution scandal that ripped through the Obama Administration in 2014

Ruemmler (left) worked as a White House Counsel for Barack Obama until mid-2014. Months afterward, she emailed Epstein about a statement regarding the investigation into Secret Service members hiring prostitutes in Colombia

Ruemmler (left) worked as a White House Counsel for Barack Obama until mid-2014. Months afterward, she emailed Epstein about a statement regarding the investigation into Secret Service members hiring prostitutes in Colombia 

The emails contained a draft statement about how her department, the White House Counsel, was involved in the investigation. 

Epstein, who was a convicted sex offender at the time of this correspondence, suggested edits for her statement before asking if the White House volunteer ‘still den[ies] it?’ 

‘Important point,’ he wrote. 

‘Yes he does. Making some more tweaks,’ the former Goldman lawyer replied back. 

It’s unclear if Ruemmler used Epstein’s edits. 

The unearthed documents of Ruemmler’s correspondence were part of millions of emails, documents, and photos released by the DOJ in the Epstein files. 

The USSS, when contacted by the Daily Mail, said: ‘We don’t have anything to add here.’ 

Jennifer Connelly, a spokesperson for Ruemmler, told the Daily Mail her client ‘has done nothing wrong and has nothing to hide.’   

‘Nothing in the record suggests otherwise,’ she told the Daily Mail. ‘Ms. Ruemmler has deep sympathy for those harmed by Epstein and if she knew then what she knows now, she never would have dealt with him at all.’ 

Epstein offered 'edits' to her statement as they discussed the matter. It is unclear if she took his advice. Jennifer Connelly, a spokesperson for Ruemmler, told the Daily Mail her client 'has done nothing wrong and has nothing to hide'

Epstein offered ‘edits’ to her statement as they discussed the matter. It is unclear if she took his advice. Jennifer Connelly, a spokesperson for Ruemmler, told the Daily Mail her client ‘has done nothing wrong and has nothing to hide’ 

Epstein and Ruemmler corresponded about the statement over email

Epstein and Ruemmler corresponded about the statement over email 

Ruemmler and Epstein, whom she referred to as Uncle Jeffrey in another email, had exchanged hundreds of messages over the years. She also accepted gifts from him.   

She announced last week she will resign from her position as general counsel at Goldman this summer after emails connecting her to Epstein were revealed. 

‘I made the determination that the media attention on me, relating to my prior work as a defense attorney, was becoming a distraction,’ Ruemmler told The Financial Times. 

She will exit the firm on June 30. 

Ruemmler rose to the top ranks at Wall Street and became a key adviser to David Solomon, CEO of Goldman Sachs, following a storied legal career, which included serving as White House counsel to former President Barack Obama, the Wall Street Journal reports.

Executives at the firm had previously claimed that Ruemmler had a strictly professional relationship with the financier, as she argued she never represented Epstein or advocated for him – though he would occasionally ask for her advice.

She has said she regretted ever knowing Epstein and had no knowledge of any new or ongoing illegal activity.

‘I made decisions based on the information that was available to me,’ she told the Financial Times. ‘I have an enormous amount of sympathy and heartache for anyone he hurt.’

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, was detained by British police this week . He is being held on suspicion of misconduct in public office after information was revealed in the Epstein files

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, was detained by British police this week . He is being held on suspicion of misconduct in public office after information was revealed in the Epstein files 

Ruemmler’s departure now marks the third resignation over the Epstein files, after Brad Karp, the chairman of major law firm Paul Weiss, resigned last week and Mona Juul, the Scandinavian nation’s ambassador to Jordan and Iraq, stepped down from her position.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, formerly known as Prince Andrew, was detained by British police this week. He is being held on suspicion of misconduct in public office. He can be held without charge for 24 hours. 

The Daily Mail was the first to reveal plain-clothes police, carried in six unmarked vehicles, had arrived at Wood Farm, where Andrew now lives, at 8am this morning.

A convoy including at least two royal Land Rovers linked to Andrew was photographed leaving the estate less than an hour later. His arrest was confirmed at 10.08am.

For the past ten days, detectives have been probing his conduct as a trade envoy for the UK after emails in the Epstein Files suggested he shared confidential information with his pedophile friend, including reports of his official visits and potential investment opportunities.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Steven Spielberg Plans to Relocate from California in Response to Proposed Wealth Tax

Hollywood icon Steven Spielberg has joined the growing list of billionaires departing…

Royal Shock: Andrew’s Arrest Unveiled as Police Keep Raid Hidden from Palace

A police convoy has made its way to Royal Lodge in Windsor…

Climber Claims Girlfriend Encouraged Him to Continue as She Faced Fatal Circumstances

An Austrian climber, accused of leaving his girlfriend stranded atop the country’s…

Virginia Giuffre’s Family Celebrates as Prince Andrew Faces Arrest: A Landmark Moment in Justice

Virginia Giuffre’s family today celebrated the arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor, describing it…

Hollywood Mourns: Tributes Pour in for ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Star Eric Dane Following His Passing at 53

Eric Dane’s untimely death at 53 has left his celebrity friends and…

Watch: Police Interceptor Squad Dramatically Takes Down Moped Phone Thieves

In a gripping scene reminiscent of an action film, suspected mobile phone…

Prince and Princess of Wales Support King’s Response Following Andrew’s Arrest

The Prince and Princess of Wales have publicly endorsed King Charles’ statement…

Eugenie’s Subtle Gesture Towards Kate Sparks Interest at First Royal Christmas

Recent observations have rekindled rumors of a less-than-warm relationship between Princess Eugenie…

Is Prince Andrew’s Downfall the Tipping Point for the House of Windsor’s Future?

Wood Farm holds a cherished spot in the hearts of the Royal…

Breaking News: Andrew Tate’s Surprising Release from Police Custody Captured in Exclusive Photos

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor has been released from police custody after being taken into…

Lavish High-Society Wedding Captivates with Extravagance and Opulence

A Melbourne hospitality scion has celebrated his nuptials in grand style at…

Tragic Discovery: Missing Skier’s Body Recovered from Lake Tahoe Waters After Extensive Search

A tragic discovery was made in Lake Tahoe after a skier, reported…