Mark Latham's ex-girlfriend is ARRESTED after flying into Sydney

The ex-girlfriend of one-time prime minister hopeful Mark Latham has been arrested at Sydney airport.

Nathalie Matthews was sensationally placed custody shortly after her flight from Dubai landed at Sydney about 7am on Sunday morning. 

The Daily Telegraph reported NSW Police escorted Ms Matthews through the international arrivals and into a waiting cop car.

It’s understood police drove Ms Matthews to Mascot Police Station where she was probed over alleged revenge porn offences.

Authorities subsequently charged Ms. Matthews with accessing or modifying restricted data in a computer; intentionally recording an intimate image without consent, and intentionally distributing an intimate image without consent.

Back in July, Ms. Matthews, a 37-year-old businesswoman who frequently travels between Sydney and Dubai, sought an apprehended violence order (AVO) against Mr. Latham.

Latham, an independent NSW Upper House MP who previously ran for Prime Minister as the leader of the Labor Party, and Matthews had been in a tumultuous romantic relationship for about two years.

Mr Latham denied allegations made he abused Ms Matthews during the relationship and is contesting the AVO.

Nathalie Matthews was sensationally placed custody shortly after her flight from Dubai landed at Sydney about 7am on Sunday morning

Nathalie Matthews was sensationally placed custody shortly after her flight from Dubai landed at Sydney about 7am on Sunday morning

Mark Latham had been in a relationship with Ms Matthews for two years

Mark Latham had been in a relationship with Ms Matthews for two years

The matter remains before the courts and is expected to be heard later this year.

In separate incidents, Mr. Latham was notably removed from Royal Randwick on Saturday afternoon before the undefeated supermare Autumn Glow dominated her opponents to win the Group 1 Epsom Handicap.

Latham has vowed to take legal action after being escorted out of a members-only restaurant at Royal Randwick Racecourse on Saturday afternoon.

The 64-year-old, currently serving as a NSW Upper House MLC, was captured in a photograph leaving the Grand View Restaurant accompanied by two police officers around 1.45pm, as reported by the Daily Telegraph.

It’s understood management asked Latham to leave before contacting police, citing a ban imposed by the Australian Turf Club (ATC).

Late on Saturday night, Latham launched into a blistering online tirade, branding the ATC’s actions ‘outrageous’ and threatening legal action.

‘Thanks to the loving genius who sent this to me. Unlike those I will be suing for the decisions they took today,’ he wrote on X.

He claimed an ATC director had greeted him warmly earlier in the day, making ‘no mention of any problem whatsoever’ with him being on course.

Mr Latham is escorted from Royal Randwick

Mr Latham is escorted from Royal Randwick

Ms Matthews is a 37-year-old businesswoman who shuttles between Sydney and Dubai

Ms Matthews is a 37-year-old businesswoman who shuttles between Sydney and Dubai

Undefeated supermare Autumn Glow smashed her rivals to win the Group 1 Epsom Handicap

Undefeated supermare Autumn Glow smashed her rivals to win the Group 1 Epsom Handicap

‘I have never been notified of such, had a hearing or process about my rights as a guest of an ATC member, as I was today,’ he said.

Latham contended that he was at Randwick as a guest of a member with a valid pass and disclosed that he had visited Rosehill Racecourse, managed by the ATC, just a few weeks prior.

‘I was at Rosehill four weeks ago as a guest of a member, not a word said all day,’ Latham wrote.

In another post, Latham slammed the timing of the confrontation.

‘The first I heard of a concern was when an ATC staffer came up during the running of a race (sacrilegious) to say “there’s a board decision showing that you’re not welcome here”,’ he said.

‘I replied that can’t be true because less than an hour earlier, one of four ATC directors greeted me warmly, asked for my advice and did not say a word about any such decision.’

Ms Matthews was charged with intentionally recording an intimate image without consent and intentionally distributing an intimate image without consent

Ms Matthews was charged with intentionally recording an intimate image without consent and intentionally distributing an intimate image without consent

He claimed the staffer ‘couldn’t produce any document to support his claim,’ so he refused to leave until police arrived. ‘I didn’t leave because the request was BS,’ he wrote.

The ATC confirmed the incident, saying Latham had breached conditions prohibiting suspended members from attending races.

‘We can confirm an incident occurred regarding a former member who had been subject to disciplinary proceedings,’ a spokesman said. ‘He was asked to leave the racecourse.’

Latham was asked to attend a Racing NSW disciplinary hearing last month after he allegedly verbally abused a staff member at the Rosehill Racecourse in April.

Latham was asked to attend a Racing NSW disciplinary hearing last month after he allegedly verbally abused a staff member at the Rosehill Racecourse in April.

Police later confirmed they were called by ATC officials to remove a 64-year-old man from the members’ area.

‘The man complied and there is no further police action,’ a NSW Police spokesperson said.

The drama follows a 12-month good behaviour bond and suspension placed on Latham’s membership earlier this year.

The ATC recently passed a resolution banning suspended or resigned members from attending race meetings.

Latham resigned his membership in June after accusing the club of ‘lousy customer service, incompetent management and a complete lack of collegiality’ in a fiery post on X.

Latham was asked to attend a Racing NSW disciplinary hearing last month after he allegedly verbally abused a staff member at the Rosehill Racecourse in April.

He is still awaiting the results of the hearing.

You May Also Like

James Talarico’s 2023 Sermon Resurfaces: ‘God Is Not a Christian’ and Abortion Defense

WASHINGTON — James Talarico, the Texas Democrat now seeking a U.S. Senate…

Brooklyn Beckham Says Tattoo Tribute to Victoria Beckham Is Almost Gone

Brooklyn Beckham has shown that his once-prominent tattoo tribute to his mother,…

Newly Single Margaret Qualley Joins Elordi at Dog Star Premiere

Margaret Qualley stepped back into the spotlight on Thursday, appearing without her…

America’s Oldest Inmate, Given Last Meal 8 Times, Dies at 101

A Connecticut prisoner believed to have served longer than any inmate in…

What Donald Trump’s Close Friend Told Me About His Young Aide

Anyone still unconvinced that parts of the mainstream press instinctively run defense…

Forecast Models Confirm Super El Niño Is Rapidly Developing

A developing Super El Niño is gaining strength and may rank among…

Fewer Than 1 in 4 Brits Want Harry and Meghan Back in the UK

Public support for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle returning to the UK…

Sue Gray Says No10 Role Under Keir Starmer Was Unbearable

Sue Gray has described her brief spell working for Keir Starmer in…

Surrogate Who Refused to Abort Baby Faces New Battle Over Child’s Name

A surrogate who declined to terminate a pregnancy after the baby was…

21-Year-Old Army Soldier Charged With Rape of 12-Year-Old Girl

A U.S. Army soldier is facing a rape charge in Ohio involving…

Police Identify Man Accused of Terrorizing Woman in Chucky-Style Costume

A Philadelphia man accused of terrifying a woman by chasing her through…

NY AG Hopeful Slams Socialist’s Shoplifting Is a Right Claim

Republican attorney general hopeful Saritha Komatireddy on Thursday sharply criticized a socialist…