Karoline Leavitt denies Jimmy Kimmel suspension involved White House
Share this @internewscast.com

Karoline Leavitt has denied that the White House pressured ABC to suspend Jimmy Kimmel in the wake of his comments about the murder of Charlie Kirk.

Trump’s press secretary emphasized that the decision was purely business-related, despite FCC Chairman Brendan Carr’s threat to revoke ABC’s broadcast license.

During an appearance on Fox News’ ‘Saturday in America,’ Leavitt, 28, claimed that Kimmel suggested ‘the MAGA gang’ was trying to depict the suspect in Kirk’s assassination as not one of their own earlier this week.

ABC affiliates refused to air Kimmel’s show Wednesday over his comments, after which ABC and Disney made the decision to pull the show entirely.

‘The decision to fire Jimmy Kimmel and to cancel his show came from executives at ABC,’ Leavitt first told host Kayleigh McEnany.

‘And I can assure you, it did not come from the White House, and that there was no pressure given from the president of the United States.

‘How do I know that, Kayleigh?’ Leavitt continued. ‘I was with the President of the United States when this news came from the United Kingdom. I was the one who informed President Trump of this development.

He was unaware of the situation. The decision was made by ABC because Jimmy Kimmel opted to intentionally mislead his viewers about the demise of a well-respected individual at a time when our nation is grieving.

Karoline Leavitt denied Jimmy Kimmel's suspension stemmed from the White House during an appearance on Fox News's 'Saturday in America' over the weekend

Karoline Leavitt, during her Fox News’s ‘Saturday in America’ appearance, refuted the notion that Jimmy Kimmel’s suspension was connected to the White House.

Kimmel on Monday said 'the MAGA gang' was trying to portray the suspect in Kirk's assassination 'as anything other than one of them' - leading several ABC affiliates to not air his show Wednesday. Execs at ABC and its parent company went on to pull the show entirely

On Monday, Kimmel accused ‘the MAGA gang’ of attempting to depict the suspect in Kirk’s assassination as disassociated from them, prompting several ABC affiliates to skip airing his show. Consequently, executives at ABC and its parent company decided to remove the show completely.

‘That was a decision that he made, and he is now facing a consequence for that decision and for that lie,’ Leavitt said. 

Critics, however, continue to denounce Kimmel’s suspension as a form of censorship. 

On Friday, former Disney CEO Michael Eisner asked ‘Where has all the leadership gone?’ on X. 

On Thursday, former Late Show host David Letterman suggested the move could be traced back to, ‘an authoritarian, maybe a dictatorship’.

Leavitt’s denial in part came in response to an X post from former President Barack Obama accusing the administration of ‘cancel culture’.

On Thursday, hundreds of Americans took part in a protest organized by the Writers Guild of America and the group Burbank Against ICE in Burbank, California, centered around the defense of free speech and fears or fascism.   

On Friday, a man was arrested in connection with a shooting that saw bullets fired through a lobby window at the ABC affiliate in Sacramento, California.   

On Wednesday, before Kimmel was pulled, FCC boss Carr appeared on conservative podcaster Benny Johnson’s show to say he considering a federal investigation into the host and his network over his on-air comments.

'The decision to fire Jimmy Kimmel and to cancel his show came from executives at ABC,' Leavitt told Kayleigh McEnany Saturday. 'And I can assure you, it did not come from the White House, and that there was no pressure given from the president of the United States'

‘The decision to fire Jimmy Kimmel and to cancel his show came from executives at ABC,’ Leavitt told Kayleigh McEnany Saturday. ‘And I can assure you, it did not come from the White House, and that there was no pressure given from the president of the United States’

'And how do I know that, Kayleigh? Because I was with the president of the United State when this news broke in the [UK],' Leavitt said. 'And I actually brought this news to President Trump¿s attention.' The two are pictured on Air Force One Thursday, a day after the decision

‘And how do I know that, Kayleigh? Because I was with the president of the United State when this news broke in the [UK],’ Leavitt said. ‘And I actually brought this news to President Trump’s attention.’ The two are pictured on Air Force One Thursday, a day after the decision

Specifically, Carr floated the idea of a suspension for the host as one of several prospective ‘remedies’ for the situation.

The FCC boss also said: ‘It’s really sort of past time that a lot of these licensed broadcasters themselves push back on Comcast and Disney and say, “Listen, we are going to… we’re not going to run Kimmel anymore until you straighten this out.”‘

Within hours, more than a dozen stations across the US were telling both ABC and Disney it would not be airing Kimmel’s show.

The fate of Kimmel’s show for now remains uncertain, as Disney’s decision to suspend the host ‘indefinitely’ has paved the way for talks between the host and his bosses designed to bring the show back to the air.

However, a meeting between Disney and Kimmel on Thursday aimed at finding a way forward reportedly ended without resolution.  

An insider told the Wall Street Journal that Disney is monitoring the situation and sees a path forward for a Kimmel return ‘in the next several days’.

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Sophie and Prince Edward Embrace Winter Warmth at the Races: A Royal Day Out

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge faced chilly temperatures as they attended…

Piers Morgan Criticizes Australia’s Continued Embrace of Progressive Values

Outspoken journalist Piers Morgan has expressed concern over what he describes as…

American County Launches Unconditional $500 Monthly Stipend for Residents

In a significant move aimed at supporting its lower-income residents, Cook County,…

Urgent Safety Alert: Jetstar Grounds Fleet for Critical Global Upgrades

Jetstar has acknowledged disruptions to several of its flights in light of…

Outrage Erupts as Migrant Released by Agencies Sparks Devastating Crash: Sheriff Speaks Out

An Ohio sheriff took to social media to express his frustration with…

Mid-Flight Disruption: Passenger’s Controversial Behavior Ignites Viral Outrage

A passenger’s unusual behavior during a flight has ignited a storm of…

New Image Unveils Harrowing Details of National Guard ‘Terror Attack

An intense photograph captured the critical moments as law enforcement officers raced…

Former WWE Icon Stuns at 65: Unveiling Her Timeless Transformation

In the late 1990s, Debra Marshall emerged as one of WWE’s most…

Airbus Issues Urgent Safety Alert for 6,000 Passenger Aircraft

Airbus, one of the world’s leading aircraft manufacturers, has issued a significant…

Massive 1,200-Mile Snowstorm Set to Blanket US with Up to 18 Inches of Snow

A colossal winter storm, stretching nearly 1,200 miles across the northern United…

Black Friday Chaos: Protesters Disrupt Fifth Avenue Shopping Spree with Bold Demonstration

In a dramatic turn of events, pro-Palestinian protesters took center stage at…

Exploring the Underworld: Unveiling the Intricate Operations of Dubai’s Illicit Fly-Tipping Networks

Picture the gleaming skyline of Dubai, stacks of cash being moved in…