Kemi rips into PM after asylum hotel sex attacker is freed by mistake
Share this @internewscast.com

On Friday, officials mistakenly released a “dangerous” Channel migrant, who had previously been convicted of sexually assaulting a schoolgirl, from prison. The error has prompted an urgent police search for the individual.

The offender, Hadush Gerberslasie Kebatu, was supposed to be transferred to a Home Office immigration facility for deportation. However, a mix-up led to his unintended return to the community, sparking concerns over public safety.

This incident has intensified scrutiny on Labour’s management of the ongoing migrant crisis, with critics labeling the mishap as “breathtaking incompetence.”

Kemi Badenoch, leader of the Conservative Party, criticized the situation, describing it as “a level of incompetence that beggars belief.”

Police have reported that Kebatu, an Ethiopian national, was last identified boarding a train towards London from Chelmsford station at 12:41 p.m. His criminal history had previously incited protests at the Bell Hotel in Epping, Essex.

Surveillance footage appears to show Kebatu in the town center, seeking directions from locals while clad in a grey tracksuit issued by the prison and holding a plastic bag with his belongings.

Tory justice spokesman Robert Jenrick said the case was ‘a parable for how the British state consistently fails the British people’.

He added: ‘It’s outrageous the victims have been failed in this way. The whole saga is a national embarrassment. He should have been on a flight out of the UK long ago.’

Footage appeared to show Hadush Gerberslasie Kebatu in the town centre, asking for directions from locals while still wearing his prison-issue grey tracksuit

Footage appeared to show Hadush Gerberslasie Kebatu in the town centre, asking for directions from locals while still wearing his prison-issue grey tracksuit

Kebatu was accidentally released back into the community on Friday rather than to a Home Office immigration centre, from where he was to be deported

Kebatu was accidentally released back into the community on Friday rather than to a Home Office immigration centre, from where he was to be deported

Kebatu's offences led to protests (pictured in August) outside the Bell Hotel in Epping, Essex, throughout the summer

Kebatu’s offences led to protests (pictured in August) outside the Bell Hotel in Epping, Essex, throughout the summer

A senior justice source admitted: ‘This is the mother of all f***-ups.’

Deputy Prime Minister David Lammy was said to be furious about the blunder, which was put down to ‘human error’ at HMP Chelmsford, where Kebatu had been in custody awaiting ‘imminent’ deportation.

He launched an immediate inquiry, and a member of prison staff was removed from duties.

‘Remorseless’ Kebatu was jailed for a year last month after harassing his 14-year-old victim, saying he wanted to marry her and ‘have babies’, then touching her before trying to kiss a woman who came to the terrified girl’s rescue.

His arrest led to protesters and counter-protesters taking to the streets in Epping and eventually outside hotels housing asylum seekers across the country.

Fury erupted at the mistake on Friday night, with the Government accused of failing to protect victims, children and the wider public from dangerous offenders such as Kebatu.

It comes amid a backlash against efforts to tackle illegal migration after a migrant who was deported under the ‘one in, one out’ scheme with France reappeared on UK shores this week having simply crossed the Channel again in a small boat.

Sir Keir Starmer said: ‘The mistaken release at HMP Chelmsford is totally unacceptable. I am appalled that it has happened and it’s being investigated. The police are working urgently to track him down, and my Government is supporting them.

‘This man must be caught and deported for his crimes.’

But Tory leader Kemi Badenoch said: ‘The entire system is collapsing under Labour.

Police said that the Ethiopian national was last seen boarding a London-bound train at Chelmsford station at 12.41pm

Police said that the Ethiopian national was last seen boarding a London-bound train at Chelmsford station at 12.41pm

‘Conservatives voted against Labour’s prisoner-release program because it was putting predators back on our streets. But this man has only just been convicted.’

Shadow Home Secretary Chris Philp criticised Mr Lammy and Home Secretary Shabana Mahmood, adding: ‘It is disgraceful that a dangerous convicted paedophile who attacked a 14-year-old girl has been allowed to vanish.

‘This despicable man is an illegal immigrant who should have been deported immediately when he arrived. This is breathtaking incompetence by David Lammy and Shabana Mahmood.

‘They have put our children at further risk by letting this dangerous illegal immigrant out on to our streets. They are responsible for anything he may do. Illegal immigrants ought to be deported within a week, but the Government is too weak to do that.’

Reform UK leader Nigel Farage said: ‘Britain is broken.’ 

Mr Lammy said: ‘We are urgently working with the police to track him down and I’ve ordered an urgent investigation. Kebatu must be deported for his crimes, not on our streets.’

During his trial this summer, Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court heard that Kebatu acted ‘ignorantly and repulsively’ when he launched his double attack just eight days after arriving in the country on a small boat.

Kebatu became aroused as he put his hand on the girl’s thighs and stroked her hair despite knowing ‘full well she was only 14’, the court heard.

He said he wanted to marry her and have a baby with her, and invited her back to The Bell, where he was staying.

Kebatu (pictured in a court sketch before his conviction) was sentenced to 12 months in prison

Kebatu (pictured in a court sketch before his conviction) was sentenced to 12 months in prison

Crowds gathered outside the Bell Hotel (pictured) in Epping - where Kebatu was previously housed - on Friday evening

Crowds gathered outside the Bell Hotel (pictured) in Epping – where Kebatu was previously housed – on Friday evening

People (pictured) held Union flags and a St George's Cross which read 'Save our Kids' outside the hotel on Friday

People (pictured) held Union flags and a St George’s Cross which read ‘Save our Kids’ outside the hotel on Friday

The migrant, who was a sports teacher in his home country, then tried to kiss a woman who attempted to intervene, before putting his hand on her leg and telling her she was pretty.

After assaulting the schoolgirl, Kebatu was chased back to the hotel by his adult victim, who called police.

Kebatu denied three counts of sexual assault, one of attempted sexual assault, a charge of harassment and another of attempting to incite a child to engage in sexual activity, but was convicted on all charges.

District Judge Christopher Williams said his ‘disgusting and sickening’ behaviour highlighted his ‘poor regard… for women’. Following his conviction, defence barrister Molly Dyas told the court: ‘His wish is to be deported as soon as possible.’

Kebatu was given a five-year sexual harm prevention order, and put on the sex offenders’ register for ten years.

Essex Police said: ‘We were informed by the prison service at 12.57pm of an error this morning surrounding the release of an individual.

‘We have launched a search operation to locate them.’

The Prison Service said: ‘We are urgently working with police to return an offender to custody following a release in error. Public protection is our top priority and we have launched an investigation into this incident.’

Share this @internewscast.com
You May Also Like

Caroline Bullock Delivers Scathing Critique of Sarah Ferguson’s Latest Actions

It’s time to hit pause on the resurgence of 2016 nostalgia. Instead,…

Prince and Princess of Wales Support King’s Response Following Andrew’s Arrest

The Prince and Princess of Wales have publicly endorsed King Charles’ statement…

Rising Rap Artist Faces Legal Battle After Tragic XL Bully Dog Attack Claims Pensioner’s Life

An ambitious rapper has been found guilty of a dangerous dog offense…

Savannah Guthrie Permanently Steps Away from ‘Today Show’ Following Mother’s Abduction

Savannah Guthrie’s return to the Today Show remains uncertain as she continues…

Brave Rescue: Heroic Act Saves Baby Girl Swept into Lake by Strong Winds

A comedian from Chicago has been praised for his bravery after plunging…

Iconic Palm Springs Estate of Marilyn Monroe Listed for $3.3 Million: A Timeless Piece of Hollywood History Hits the Market

A remarkable mid-century modern residence in Palm Springs, once the abode of…

The View Co-Host Claims Trump Should Credit Show for 2016 Election Victory

Ana Navarro from “The View” has asserted that Donald Trump owes his…

Tragic Discovery: Missing Skier’s Body Recovered from Lake Tahoe Waters After Extensive Search

A tragic discovery was made in Lake Tahoe after a skier, reported…

Watch: Police Interceptor Squad Dramatically Takes Down Moped Phone Thieves

In a gripping scene reminiscent of an action film, suspected mobile phone…

Les Wexner’s Deposition: Unveiling Ties Between Epstein’s Backer and Former President Trump

Les Wexner, the founder of Victoria’s Secret, was visibly taken aback when…

Shocking: Dentist Arrested for Allegedly Performing Child Surgery Under the Influence

A dentist in Texas has been apprehended for allegedly conducting surgery on…

Unveiling the Complex Ties: Inside Prince Andrew’s Controversial Relationship with Jeffrey Epstein

The dramatic arrest of Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor brings to a close a tumultuous…